Password

Old 06-20-2003, 01:57 PM   #61
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Goah
I know I posted this already, maybe it got skipped, but do you forsee making the Spell gems right side orientated? Flipped vertically if you will.

Other than that, very happy with it, Great work guys.

we are actually working on a new spell gem lay out, we have had many feedbacks both here and in PMs that have said it was a little long..

current SpellBar is 350x155 (tallxwide) the one I mocked-up for Sokol to look at last night was 280x155... a full 70pix smaller.

Waiting on him to get back to me on what he thinks of the look.. once we have that we will show it to the beta crowd..

but to answer your question.. Both the Spellgems and Buffs will be offered in a LEFT and RIGHT format.. once we are getting out of beta.. (which shouldnt be too long)

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Old 06-20-2003, 02:13 PM   #62
Goah
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane

but to answer your question.. Both the Spellgems and Buffs will be offered in a LEFT and RIGHT format.. once we are getting out of beta.. (which shouldnt be too long)

Awesome thank you Kudane!
Old 06-20-2003, 03:41 PM   #63
Jentraal
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Luclin
Send a message via ICQ to Jentraal
Thumbs up

I think Kudane needs to pay for my psychiatric bills because he's the cause of my dependency. Damn you for being so talented!

When ya gonna release another upgrade to the beta? I'm getting the shakes!

Jentraal Squishypants - 70 ROG - 598 AA
Old 06-20-2003, 05:04 PM   #64
Goah
A Snow Cougar

LOL Yes, more mods !
Old 06-20-2003, 06:24 PM   #65
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Jentraal
I think Kudane needs to pay for my psychiatric bills because he's the cause of my dependency. Damn you for being so talented!

When ya gonna release another upgrade to the beta? I'm getting the shakes!

Chuckle yes yes make HIM pay! Lol..
Any way I'm working on the XML files for afew things, and experimenting here and there, even though it's a Beta I am trying to have as few bugs, and as little Lag as possible, yet still offer all the features and then some that you all want.
And am still fixing afew errors here and there

-sokol
Old 06-20-2003, 06:28 PM   #66
Sokol

OK, the REGULAR book is now able to be fixed properly! YA!
Here is what you need to do...
DL the file atatched to this post, then extract it to your Solaria Directory. then enter the Solaria directory and remove the following files.

REMOVE:
EQUI_BookWindow.xml
spellbook01.tga
spellbook02.tga
spellbook03.tga

You should NOT have a spellbook04.tga but if you do remove that also.

That's all there is to it, you should now have the standard book back. (except for the spell book which is our new one)

NOTE: I WILL be moding it to remove dead space after we finish with the core UI.

-Sokol
Attached Files
File Type: zip solaria-beta-1.3-bookfix.zip (7.3 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Kudane : 06-20-2003 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:29 PM   #67
Kalamaku
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: luclin

love the beta. i have posted once already, but just wanted to ask again if there could be in your spell gems and buff mods;

1) a mod that increases the size of the buff icons and descriptions a bit. i am old, my eyes not what they used to be, and my glasses misplaced. not overly larger, but some.

2) a mod based off of the 4x2 spell gem set. if you use the vert 2.5 2x4 mod you will see the problem. it works but is a bit messy, the boarders (colors etc) are a smidge to large for the gems.

other then that, the UI is awsome and works fine, i have seen no problems yet.

kalamaku
Old 06-20-2003, 06:53 PM   #68
Kudane
Co-Founder

Ok let me try it like this:

We are NOT accepting request for "custom mods" at this time

We WILL have a whole thread for tweaks, and customized items AFTER we get out of beta..

What we are looking for now are Bugs, Glitches, and Other things that will cause errors in playing (such as the book problem, or lag problem from earlier)

We are tweaking a few things such as the spell bar from the feed back of "seems a bit long" that we got..

and we enourage feedback of "this is clunky" or "this seems to big"

But requesting any of the following is just being redundant and not helping us

Buff Bar Reversed
Spell Bar Reversed
4x2 Spell Bar
Horizontal Spell Bar
Hotbutton Mods
Bigger Target Bar
Bigger Player Window
Bigger Group Bars
A Bagel with Cream Cheese
Eggs Benidict after 1pm
A woman's pump in size 15

I am not coming down on people for giving feedback.. but we have had FOUR people request the same thing, and we keep saying "we are not taking those type of request right now" and no one seems to be listening..

Sooo please, go play EQ, break the mod.. take a screenshot and come back and post the picture so we can fix it!

When it goes into final release we will post in the Request Forum that we are willing to make tweaks for people

oh... and HAVE FUN!!!
Old 06-20-2003, 07:08 PM   #69
Kudane
Co-Founder

Here is a mockup of the new smaller spellbar.. this is not an in-game shot.. its created by me as the other mockups were)

Will be getting the files to Sokol this weekend for him to start coding this, but this is what we are shooting for for a look.
Old 06-21-2003, 01:08 AM   #70
Goah
A Snow Cougar

That looks good Kudane, I personally like that one more than the current beta version.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:41 AM   #71
manndragon
A Fire Beetle

Default Just a thought

I been using the new ui for a few days now, and i really like it. Was wondering if there is a ay to code the pet window window so it is always up no matter if you have a pet or not? i playa beastlord and it is great when i have a pet out...but soon as i have no pet i have to reopen the window. Becomes a pain to constantly have to reopen the stats ( pet ) window all the time.
just a thought though.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:06 AM   #72
Raijuta
A Snow Griffin

Server: Druzzil Ro

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane
also if you zone more than 8 times its a good idea to hit ALT-ENTER to enter window mode, and hit ALT-ENTER right back in to full screen... there is a video lag created by multiple zoning that is cleared up with that little trick.. (nothing to do with the UI)

I know this is probably not your area but when I do the alt+enter I can go to the window mode, but when I got to change it back to full screen all I get is the black screen and the window border on top like it is still in window mode. I have posted this problem in the tech post on the offical soe EQ site, yet to get an answer or it was addressed in another post and I have to see it. Anyway is there another "fix" to this that I am not aware of? Meaning for the lag issue "fix" you suggested.
Thanks
Old 06-21-2003, 07:15 AM   #73
Meldran
A Gray Wolf

Love the mod.

But (isn't there always one??!?)

I always like to place my group, player info and target windows on top of each other (not on top on top but like a tower). To me it looks like they aren't equally wide (I think it is the player info that is a little too wide).
Don't know if they where ment to be equal but I hope they can be made that way.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:10 AM   #74
Sokol

Default Re: Just a thought

Quote:
Originally posted by manndragon
I been using the new ui for a few days now, and i really like it. Was wondering if there is a ay to code the pet window window so it is always up no matter if you have a pet or not? i playa beastlord and it is great when i have a pet out...but soon as i have no pet i have to reopen the window. Becomes a pain to constantly have to reopen the stats ( pet ) window all the time.
just a thought though.

This feature (PET window closing) is handled on the client side, and is from Sony, and cant not be changed in any way with any UI.

-sokol
Old 06-21-2003, 08:21 AM   #75
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by MurderedCROW
I know this is probably not your area but when I do the alt+enter I can go to the window mode, but when I got to change it back to full screen all I get is the black screen and the window border on top like it is still in window mode. I have posted this problem in the tech post on the offical soe EQ site, yet to get an answer or it was addressed in another post and I have to see it. Anyway is there another "fix" to this that I am not aware of? Meaning for the lag issue "fix" you suggested.
Thanks

The Lag from solaria was caused by a frew last minute changes that Kudane and I though would be nice to make, and I inadvertently left a few calls to some removed TGA files which I was no longer haveing Solaria use, and that caused the lag. We extensivly tested all changes each time, except for this one as it had no real function other then to speed up the UI Frame Rate wise. Which DID work after I finished the changes properly, and thats what the "LAG fix Patch" is just my actualy completeing what I started before I ziped up that file.

Now as for your problem, try using the Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit from the widnows site.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ap...ty/toolkit.mspx

I HAVE to use this for all the UI stuff I do, so I can alt tab out of EQ to make changes to Vert, and now Solaria.
I've even managed to have this fix afew issues with other games that wouldn't run in WinXP (Although I've been kept so busy lately with all the different Solaria Ideas/changes I havent been able to Play anything, for every thing you guys see, theres atleast 2-3+ other versions that didnt pan out like we expected)

Any way try that and see if it works, you should be able to ALT+TAB when it blacks out, and then re-enter EQ from that.

another option hit CTRL+ALt+DLT then just close the Windows Task Manager and click in the EQ window, this sometimes unsticks Eq and shows you your screen again.

-Sokol