Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
Tumnayar-MT
A Ghoul

Default Which file in EQ folder saves your Copy Layouts?

Within EQ options, there's the Copy Layout selection to obviously load a saved layout from another character's UI, but which files stores this list of layouts, and HOW do I force a save of a layout to have it added to the list?

Thanks
Tumnayar-MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
Mutley
An Icepaw Kobold

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I don't believe it's one file that saves the layouts. When you open the copy layout window, I believe it's reading all the various UI_Name_server.ini files to gather the info, that's why the list can take so long to populate.

They're not strictly alphabetical though. You'll have a long list that seems alpha, but then scrolling down further I always have a lot of other files out of alpha order, or starting another block in alpha order. If you have a lot of .ini files like I do, the specific layout you're looking for is probably in there, just hard to find.

I keep meaning to clean out all my older files to avoid that hassle.
Mutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

the layout is saved in the ui_character_server file if you open the file and scroll down you will see all the different settings for the different display sizes. now hotbuttons is saved in the charcter_server file.

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:06 AM   #4
Tumnayar-MT
A Ghoul

Thanks, but for some reason my Layouts are not saving properly. Today I had to move my UI all around, and wanted it to save this particular layout. I went to go play Quake while EQ was still open and got out of that, but going back to EQ put my UI back to how I had it before I changed it. I even camped out of EQ completely the first time after setting the UI how I wanted it to try and force some sort of save.

It all reset for no reason while the game was still open.

Should I just delete all the UI_ini files and redo it?
Old 11-12-2009, 02:30 AM   #5
Mutley
An Icepaw Kobold

Make sure that the directories and files are not marked as "read only"... if they are, the game can't write to the files to hold your changes. WinXP has an annoying habit of sometimes locking files like that.

Right click the EQ directory, select Properties, and make sure "read only" is not checked on that screen. When you click ok to save, open it again and make sure it didn't revert back to read only, WinXP will do that at times for no reason thinking it should lock the file from changes.
Mutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:38 AM   #6
Tumnayar-MT
A Ghoul

None of the ini files are read only, and I am using Vista btw. But when I right click the EQ folder to check properties, read only is checked. I unchecked that and applied it, but it keeps going back to it, though I don't think that would make a difference atm since inis are not.

Also, can you copy/paste the parts within UI_char_server.ini that would be the different layouts? I'd like to delete all the extra stuff.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
Tumnayar-MT
A Ghoul

Well I figured it out in notepad, I think, searching for any line with the resolution of the particular layouts I want to delete. This is a real pain going through it, I wish there was an easier way...