Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > SOE Corner
User Name
Password

Old 11-13-2003, 06:43 PM   #46
Gordy
A Fire Beetle

Well I dont know what the official line is on DirX9 and above, but I do know that a Guild mate had a lot of trouble with his system a while ago and was told by a GM that he should NOT have installed DirX9. when he redid his sytem with DirX8.1 everything worked for him again.

I have no Idea if this is in any way related to the target problems people are having, I am REALY new to custom UIs. Its just another posability that may or may not be worth looking at.

I personaly am still using DirX 8.1 and have no troubles, but, I am running a Gforce FX5900 card so I dont expect to have problems.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:52 PM   #47
Jentraal
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Luclin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Jentraal

well.... I just found out if you HAVE dx9 running, it can not be uninstalled. Gee, thanks for letting me know I would have to worry about this down the road, microsoft.
Quote:
Additional Information
The DirectX 9.0b runtime cannot be uninstalled. We recommend Windows Me and Windows XP users create a "System Restore" point before installing.

So basically, I can't even TEST to see if it's DirectX causing all my frustration.

Jentraal Squishypants - 70 ROG - 598 AA
Jentraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 07:04 PM   #48
Gordy
A Fire Beetle

Jentraal

Don't panic yet, as I said Im new to this and could be WAY off the mark (and most likely am).

Ellyana

Thanks for that one, I hadn't seen that post before. Might make a restor point on my system and give 9.0b a go, see what damage it dose (it is a microsoft upgrade after all )
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 09:51 PM   #49
athenea7th
A Gray Wolf

Server: 7th hammer

Well I have been playing everquest and saw it one toons, but haven't noticed it one my others yet. I only logged on that one for a few min, seem EQ keep locking up on me atm. BTW I only use one UI and that for the player window. I have a G4 440 window XP only 1.1G 756 ram.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:53 PM   #50
athenea7th
A Gray Wolf

Server: 7th hammer

Oh yah downloaded the latest version of DX 9.0b or something. Meant to put that but hit sumit and there no edit button that i could see opps.
athenea7th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 04:56 AM   #51
Annaberry
A Gray Wolf

I downloaded the latest Catalyst driver for my Radeon 9600 Pro. This of course was after I tried the suggestions here to get the 3d targeting ring to work. After installing the driver, restarting, etc., I tried to log on to EQ. I got an error message saying no 3d devices available.

I ran dxdiag and there wasn't even an option to test 3d drawing. So I looked around in the ATI settings and sure enough 3D acceleration and all that stuff is there.

Basically, ATI said 3D was going and working fine but dx9 didn't notice it! I tried a rollback to the previous driver and I still had the same problem. I ended up having to use Restore (Win XP Pro) to the previous day to get the old driver working again and to get back on EQ.

Anyone else with DirectX 9.0b upgrade their Radeon 9600 driver and have this problem? More importantly, how do I fix it? Even if it doesn't fix the 3d targeting rings, I'd like to have the latest video card driver on my machine.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-14-2003, 07:59 AM   #52
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

Just some info.

Running AMD 1700+ with ATI 9600 Pro and DirectX 9.0b under Win XP Home. Video driver version 6.14.0010.6368 (not the latest, the late June/July driver version. This was the recommended driver from the EQ Live site, at least it was last week.)
I am able to get the target ring when I run EQ through 3D Analyze (w/ Vendor ID 1002, Device ID 4150 and Force Software TnL checked under DirectX 8.1 and 9.0 Options, performance.) I do have some graphic anomalies that seem to be related to the target ring when in melee range (very occasional flickering) but it does work.
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 09:37 AM   #53
Togras
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Ayonae Ro

Quote:
Originally posted by nymetz86
Togras, copy what files? Not sure what files your alluding to., and I m interested since you are basically running what I am running. thanks

In your 'default' directory, there should be TargetIndicator.ini and TargetIndicator.tga files. Just copy them to your custom directory, log in to EQ, and make sure the target indicator is on. It should be there.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:25 AM   #54
tralesh
A Gray Wolf

Server: Saryrn
Default DX9 & ATI Cards

I have XP Pro, AMD3000 with 1024gb Ram and Radeon 9700pro running, I have dx9b but use the latest drivers for the card from Omega. Go to 3DGuru site and follow the link from there.

The drivers are heavily tweaked and run like a dream, no problems whatsoever (yet!)
tralesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:46 AM   #55
Annaberry
A Gray Wolf

Hmmm....can you provide a link? I did a search and went to a Guru 3D site. Couldn't find a thing on Omega and couldn't get any file to download. Always got Page Not Found or similar. I went to : guru3d.com
Annaberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:58 AM   #56
Annaberry
A Gray Wolf

NM, took a bit of searching for someone not familiar with the site. For anyone else wondering, here's the direct link to the drivers.

ATI Omega Drivers

EDIT: Just started the download so I can't say if it'll work for me or not. I did create a restore point before downloading tho. hehe
Old 11-14-2003, 03:00 PM   #57
ramzeva
A Ghoul

I use Omega drivers, they dont help the target ring work at all for me, Radeon 9500.
ramzeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 03:29 PM   #58
Annaberry
A Gray Wolf

The Omega drivers didn't work for me either on the targeting ring problem. However, my lag is greatly improved and I did manage to get EQ to load in B&W, all red tones, then later in sepia.

I think I'll find a fix for this and SoE will be so grateful, they'll offer me a job (or a finder's fee). I will then take that money and buy a GeForce card.

Anyway, still no rings.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:26 PM   #59
Piemur Forsaken
A Bat

I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 Laptop with Pentium 4 3.05 GHZ Processor, 512 MB Ram, Mobility Radeon 9000

and cannot see the rings. Any ideas?
Piemur Forsaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 05:33 AM   #60
Mutley
An Icepaw Kobold

My 2nd computer with an onboard SiS video chip hasn't displayed the halo yet... or so I thought.

Today in Time I saw the same weird ring floating around on the walls as Jentraal posted above though on that computer. His images are exactly what I saw. It moves around a lot when you move, I suspect I just was in a right position to see it behind the world.
Mutley is offline   Reply With Quote