Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 07-29-2002, 04:15 PM   #1
chasim
A Ghoul

Default Serious Problem with hotkeys...

My main is a level 60 monk. I've been playing for over 2 1/2 years and have always used a gameped and mouse mainly - I basically only use the keyboard for chat.

With the new UI, the hotkeys for skills (feign death, etc.) turn yellow when the pointer is over them. They are also yellow when they're not available/refreshing.

So, the problem is, for example, I feign death, the hotkey turns yellow, but if I leave the mouse pointer over the key is stays yellow so I never know when it has refreshed. Using the #s on the keyboard is really not an option for me and moving the cursor off the hotkey is a real pain. With the Rapid FD skill, hitting the key just as it refreshes is often the difference between living and dying.

A guildmate suggested you could make a text box/tag on the pointer that would say when the hotkey is available - but I have no idea how to do that. Could anyone tell me how to make that mod or just how to turn off the "highlighting" of the hotkeys?

Thanks for any help.
chasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 04:24 PM   #2
Faeriemage
A Snow Griffin

Server: Zebuxoruk

What you need to do is change the mous flyover to use the same icon as normal, sugested script for it would be

Code:
<ButtonDrawTemplate> <Normal>A_SquareBtnNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_SquareBtnPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_SquareBtnNormal</Flyby> <Disabled>A_SquareBtnDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_SquareBtnPressed</PressedFlyby> </ButtonDrawTemplate>

You notice that I changed both flyby items to be the same as their respective normal and pressed counter parts. this should solve the problems for you.
Faeriemage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 12:01 PM   #3
chasim
A Ghoul

Default Thanks but how?

Thanks for the suggestion, but for an xml challenged person like myself... where would I find the file to change... I mean is that part of the hot button file or is there a separate mouse file?

I've done some editing, I'm just not sure where I need to make the changes you suggested.

Thanks again.
chasim is offline   Reply With Quote