Old 07-29-2004, 03:01 PM   #1
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Rathe
Featured Artist
Default Quartz 2.0 Released

Quartz UI Theme -- http://www2.dragonpro.com/quartz
DarkSir23 (Moggan Proudfoots - Rathe)
originally by Statix Cinderblade - Xegony (1.6 and earlier)
Version 2.0

-- NOTE : As of version 1.9, Quartz includes 2 extra Background Packs. DS Red and DS Blue.

Update History:
v2.0
* Removed reliance on default_old directory.
* Added Installer application.
* Finished Prophecy of Ro compatibility (Aura Window and Blocked Buff Windows)
* Cleaned up the template for installing. Most of UI should be autoconfigured by
installer.

v1.9.2
* Fixed missing file problem in 1.9.1 archive.
* Added seaxouri's 16 Quick Clicks mod.

v1.9.1
* Fix for 2/21/06 EQ Patch (Prophecy of Ro expansion).
* Added expanded Bank Windows.
* Added multiple Hotkeys (finally).
* Minor updates to the background files.

v1.9
* Fix for 5/11/05 EQ Patch.
* New DS Red Background Pack Added.
* Added Mail Icon.
* New Pet Window (Buff Window Style) added.
* Old mods for Actions Window removed (pet buffs).
* 6 configurable clicky slots added at upper-right of dashboar.
* Minor updates to the background files.

v1.8.1
* Added even more Buff Slots and Bard Song Slots.
* Fixed UI Errors on load.
* Added Crystals to Inventory Mod.
* Fixed Item Graphic problems.

v1.8
* Added OOW Additional Buff Slots.
* Added OOW Additional Spell Gem.
* Added an optional place for a list of pet buffs. New ActionsWindow is avaialable.
* Removed Quartz2Blue background packs, as I couldn't update them to match the new
OOW Buff Window.

v1.7.2
* Integrated Dorkenthor's TargetOfTarget mod into the Target Window.
* Added optional Inventory Window.
* Combat Abilities Window Added. Takes the same position as the Spell Gems for casters.
* Changed the optional non-caster group window to GroupWindow-Wide, for people without Spell
or Combat Ability Windows.

v1.7.1
* Integrated the Quartz Blue background pack by Tadayasha.
* Integrated an all new DS Blue background pack by DarkSir23.
* Rewrote a lot of the instructions.

v1.7
* Added Group Leadership AA Bar to Player Window.
* Added Mana and Endurance pool/max numbers to Player Window.
* Changed Sta label to End label.
* Modified Flashing Attack Indicator for Player Window.
* Added Target indicator box w/ con color around the target portion of the target window.
* Added LFG Button to Group Window.
* Added a third chat window to the default config.
* Minor tweaks to make the UI compliant with the current requirements (Got rid of the "Your XML files are incompatible" error every time you zone).

v1.6
* After the Jan 9 2003 patch the selectorwindow and pet window had to be tweaked slightly to comply with something verant changed (this was causing the 'your everquest files to not match' garbage to come up every time you zoned.
* Made changing mods easier, and removed the config.bat that doesn't work on XP.
* Added in a Quartz mp3 player mod looks nice!
* Quartz 1.6 comes with the patch released after version 1.5 so it is completely up to date.
* Gave the Short Duration (songs) buff box a texture.

v1.5
* Fixed the Stablity (Likelyness for verant patches to NOT break UI) by a large amount by reconfiguring how Quartz gets its graphics/templates, the only way it should break is if verant adds in a new 'required' window like RaidWindow.xml, which is a quick fix.
* Quartz should now easily work with other mods (such as the spellbook graphics mod
* Fixed the Non-Caster spell casting bar thing that made me thing those emails were from crazy people.
* Improved the GUI memory useage: This should cause Quartz to lag alot less on those systems with poor videocards that don't adapt to alphatransparency all that well

For more information on how these changes will affect other mod's and/or how Quartz gets its attributes (all UI makers should follow this design) please goto http://skins.machin-shin.net

v1.4
* Fixed Crashing due to Oct 16th 2002 patch due to verants massively useless and unoperational patch for loadskin

v1.3
* Fixed Crashing due to Aug 14th 2002 patch due to verants modded animations file.
* Fixed Sta label
* Fixed class/diety alignment so they don't get clipped
* Tracking window should be visible in a default 1024x768 install now
* Added in a new buff box option 'Version with names shown in the screenshot'
* Added a new Config.bat file for changing between caster/noncaster and configuring buff box.

v1.2
* /bazaar crashing bug has been fixed
* Noncaster groupwindow now has a casting bar
* The actions window is Moveable but has a light border around it (i had this removed at one point, i don't know why its back)
* The bazaarsearch window has been removed (it was made to make the bazaar window bigger and has nothing to do with the crashing but its invalid since you can resize the bazaar window with the new patch)

v1.1
* Fixed Pet window overlapping the actions window causing it to not function.(Thanks Geo)
* Added in default coordinates for 1024x768, 1280x1024, and 1600x1200.
* Player window resized properly so that the blinking red outline didn't merge into a chat window
* Used the correct bazaar xml file .
* Player window stat labels (str,sta,etc) were repositioned so they wouldn't be clipped off in game.(Thanks Geo)
* Fixed the 1x1 buff positioning problem in 1280x1024

v1.0
* Initial Release

Last edited by DarkSir23 : 03-03-2006 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Updated for 2.0
DarkSir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 01:05 AM   #2
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist
Default About the coming soon stuff:

Ok, last post I said there were a few things that are "Coming Soon". I would have just implemented them in 1.7, but I wanted a bit of input first...

1. Quartz Inventory Window. I'm going to try to come up with a matching inventory window for Quartz. I'm open to suggestions on how it should look...

2. Combat Skill Window. I'm thinking that the combat abilities window could be set up in two possible places. In the lower left corner (Replacing the spellgems), or in the upper right corner (Replacing the Pet Window). Given that people may have different tastes, I'm going to make both, and let you choose which one you want. By default, it will replace the spellgems, but you will be able to switch out that one for a smaller one that takes the pet window.

3. Pet Window. Statix's last update on his site included a new pet window, with the pet-buff window relocated to a second and third tab on the player buff window. However, this has proven to not work completely (Icons and buff color won't carry over). So my thought is to make the pet window extend down where the Actions menu is now, giving pet buffs a place to show up. ALTERNATIVELY: I've also toyed with making a separate pet window that isn't part of the dashbar. I'd like to know what you all think...

4. UI Installer. I plan to make an installer that will copy the UI's default window locations over to your individual UIs. Originally I was going to make this very generic, so others could use it with their UIs, but I think the initial installer will also let you choose which UI options you want (Letting you choose which type of combat abil window you want, which buff window you want, which MP3 player, etc). Again, I'm open to thoughts on the matter.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:39 AM   #3
Hamen Swiftfing
A Bat

All I can say is THANK YOU for updating this awesome UI
Hamen Swiftfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:42 PM   #4
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

1.7.1 Released. See changes above.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:02 AM   #5
Dorkenthor
A Ghoul

*Bows in the presence of glory* Thanks so much for taking this over and getting it up-to-date...
Dorkenthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 04:00 AM   #6
Dorkenthor
A Ghoul

For the inventory, what I see in my brain is this:

A window that sits in the buttom right of the screen just above the dashboard. It would NOT have any of the stats in them or the AA/EXP bars, seeing as we already have them. It would have the money along the bottom and the actual inventory kind of waving (like the guages on the player window) above that. Would also be nice if the buttons (skills, dye, destroy, etc) were all iconified. Like small icons out of the way.. Again wavy like the player window along the edge of the window. Not muli colored perty icons.. just.. hmm.. how do i say it.. Like the icons you see on the menu in a macintosh computer running OS X. The whole window wouldnt be square. It would be square in the bottom right and then wave in and blend to the rest of the dashboard.

I hope I made what i think clear. Not very good at describing things.
Again.. Thanks for keeping this up to date for us. I love this UI

For the pet window.

Im not sure if this is even possible but ill say it.

Is there a way to add a whole new window to the EQUI? Like add a buff window like the ones that already exist but for pet buffs? maybe put it off in the left? If not, I personally would like it better if an extension to the pet winder were above the dashboard for buffs. I use the actions window a lot and dont want to lose it or have to go digging for it.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:35 AM   #7
Vitaee
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkenthor
For the pet window.

Im not sure if this is even possible but ill say it.

Is there a way to add a whole new window to the EQUI? Like add a buff window like the ones that already exist but for pet buffs? maybe put it off in the left? If not, I personally would like it better if an extension to the pet winder were above the dashboard for buffs. I use the actions window a lot and dont want to lose it or have to go digging for it.

Whether or not you can create a new window is irrelevant because the pet buffs MUST go into the pet window. It could be a tab page withing the pet window, but must ultimately be in the pet window.

However, there is a way to kind of cheat and achieve almost the same thing. Most screen elements have a <RelativePosition> setting, and for most elements this is set to true. What this does is make any location settings for the element relative to that element's parent window. For example, if a pet buff icon is defined with a relative position of true, and location of 20,20, then the icon will appear 20 pixels to the right and 20 pixels down from the upper left corner of the PetWindow. But, if <RelativePosition> is set to false, the any location settings for that element are relative to the entire visble area of the screen. So, in the above example, with relative position being false, the buff icon would appear near the upper left corner of the screen, regardless of where the parent PetWindow is.

So, if you do this, it is possible to have the pet buff icons appear in a neat row or column anywhere on the screen you want.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:20 AM   #8
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

Interesting thought.. I don't like making anything that people can't move, though... It would be difficult to align something like that to the right side of the screen, without limiting the resolution that the UI is released under. One thought has been to make the pet window separate from the dashboard, perhaps making the whole thing look like one of the buff windows, with small controls at the bottom.

If I do that, then the pet window area is available for a combat abilities window, or maybe target of target, or a compass... I dunno, there are a lot of possibilities.

I'm thinking of making the inventory screen be similar to the hotkeys window, and have it superimpose over the hotkeys, similar to the way Night Elf does with some of its windows.

Always open to suggestions,

DarkSir23
Old 07-31-2004, 11:51 AM   #9
Alun
A Fire Beetle

Default Great job!

It's great to see this UI being updated, I've been using it since it came out. I play a melee character, so I've always used the GroupWindow-NonCaster mod. However it's still giving the XML warnings in 1.7.1, so I updated it based on a diff from the caster version.

My version is attached if you want to just grab it!

For combat abilities, I replaced my pet window with Tevin's warrior minimalist combat ability window (http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=3114). Something along those lines but that "fit" better in Quartz would be awesome.

Keep up the good work.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_GroupWindow.xml (26.8 KB, 27 views)
Alun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 12:07 PM   #10
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

D'oh! Snagged, and added to the files for the next release. Thanks for the fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alun
It's great to see this UI being updated, I've been using it since it came out. I play a melee character, so I've always used the GroupWindow-NonCaster mod. However it's still giving the XML warnings in 1.7.1, so I updated it based on a diff from the caster version.

My version is attached if you want to just grab it!

For combat abilities, I replaced my pet window with Tevin's warrior minimalist combat ability window (http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=3114). Something along those lines but that "fit" better in Quartz would be awesome.

Keep up the good work.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:09 PM   #11
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

Ok, I've designed an inventory window that can superimpose over the hotbuttons. It only includes the main body inventory, money, bags 2,3, 4, 7 and 8, the Autoequip area, and the 6 Inventory screen buttons (Face, Dye, AA, Skills, Destroy, and Done)

The only problem I have with it is: While the rest of Quartz is usually 40% transparent, it is not. If it is, the hotbuttons shine through from behind. So it doen't match perfectly, but it does pop up in an inconspicuous spot. Since space is limited, the boxes are rather small (The same size as the inventory boxes below it)

This will be a possible Mod for Quartz, and not part of the default, unless I get a lot of positive feedback about it. Next step are the two Combat Abilities Windows.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:54 PM   #12
Dorkenthor
A Ghoul

Ugh, TABs. BOO!
Old 08-02-2004, 07:51 PM   #13
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

Tabs? Where?

This is just a normal inventory window that's the same size and shape as the hotkeys button. When you hit the inventory hotkey, it opens up right on top of them. Like I said, it's optional, and will be in the next release, but not as a default.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:02 PM   #14
Fovol
A Gray Wolf

What is the status on making a target of target window for the UI?
Same goes for updating the chatwindows so they can more squarely fit into the UI theme and removing the "type here" part for the top 2 windows or shrinking it to just a thick line so you can right click it to set up filters and such... thus giving more viewable text area...

Is a version of the "player window" in the works that leaves out mana for the pure melee?

Food for thought, you are working on the combat abilities window.. could make it 2 button wide and have it vertical... So it could slide down in and replace the pet window spot for us pure melee?.. having the timer bar on top...
Fovol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 06:19 AM   #15
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

Target of Target window: Trying to figure out where to put it.

Player Window without mana: Will try to include an optional in the next release.

Combat Abilities: I'm making two different combat abilities windows. One that can sit in the bottom left corner, where the spell gems goes, and one that sits in the upper right corner of the dashboard, where the pet window goes. Both will be available for the next release.

Chat windows: I've not given it much thought, but I certainly will. I'm not sure the input fields can be removed or shrunk, but if they can, I'm all over it.