Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 09-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #1
archonfanatic
A Gray Wolf

Default Request

Hello i was wondering if there was a way to make another hotbutton window that i could place on my screen anywhere. i ve found it extremely annoying to have to scroll through multiple hotbutton 10 slots to get tot he one i want at the time and having an extra one for AA abilities and skills that i dont use ALL the time but still use would be awsome. Just something i could have sitting ont he side of my screen that i could click the button instead of use my numbers for ect.

Would be much appreciated if this could be done or if anyone knows of somethign like this ... thx =)
archonfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:55 AM   #2
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Wait for DoD to go live. If my interpretations are correct you will have the ability to have multiple hotbutton windows open at once.
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:46 PM   #3
az4x4n
A Ghoul

So, they're just going to make the UI more like EQ2 then?
az4x4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:07 PM   #4
Desideratus
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Venril Sathir

Yes and no.

EQ2-lite: Up to 4 hotbars: selector window replaced by an "EQ" logo button that triggers a dropdown menu.

EQ1-kludge: Inventory window becomes 3 tabs, tab 2 being evolving items, tab 3 being monster-form xp management, though what that has to do with your inventory is anyone's guess ...
Desideratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:24 PM   #5
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

As far as I can tell NOTHING. Would've made more sense to me to add two windows. Especially considering with the drop down selector they didn't even have to come up with an icon graphic. But I am probably bitter as it trashes the UI I have been using for almost 3 years.
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:54 PM   #6
archonfanatic
A Gray Wolf

Awsome i hope DoD does this for us cause WoW and EQ2 both got a NICE way of giving u the ability to use more buttons =)
archonfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 10:49 PM   #7
Kaliaila
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Tunare
Send a message via ICQ to Kaliaila Send a message via AIM to Kaliaila Send a message via Yahoo to Kaliaila

Where are you going to map all these keys to? And tell me how you're going to remember what button does what... and I just fear what's going to happen when people start typing with 30 hotkeys spread out all over their keyboard in places where they actually type a lot.
Ascendant Apostle of the Celestial Fists
Kaliaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:00 PM   #8
woushi60
A Bat

Server: Povar
Send a message via AIM to woushi60 Send a message via Yahoo to woushi60
Default DoD brings 4 12 slot Hotbars to eq

Last time i logged into beta, they had 12 slot hotbars. dunno if its going to stay that way but that would rock!
woushi60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 12:11 PM   #9
rjengel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via Yahoo to rjengel
Thumbs up Some UI Info from BETA, and Working UI DoD UI to come

Just got out of Beta last night, and they have 10 Button Hotbutton window with an added HARDCODED (settings) button which allows you to create up to 3 MORE Hotbutton windows which are EXACT REPLICA'S of the first one, so if you modify the HB window in any way each additional HB window will look the same. I don't know if that is going to go LIVE or not on Sept 13th, 2005, but pretty sure it is. Just a little heads up for those of you who are using custom UI's with Custom HB windows, there is a very good chance that a UPDATE/PATCH for your fav UI will be needed, or you may be looking for a NEW UI to work with.
Also the Inventory window is TABBED it has 3 TABS 1-Inventory 2-Monster Alt Info 3-Evolving Item Info... So again if you use a Custom UI with a modified Inventory Window you will probally need to wait for a PATCH/UPDATE from the author of the UI it is possible to do so.
I have been working on Modding NEW DoD UI so Hopefully once I get a few hours to test it once Servers Come back up. I will be posting it here under the Fantasy Section, and posting a Thread in RELEASED for any and all issues that may arrise, I will working on all of them throughout the following day or two once Depths of Darkhollow goes LIVE to assure that things work as I planned them too.

Sincerely;
RJENGEL

Last edited by rjengel : 09-12-2005 at 12:17 PM.
rjengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #10
Desideratus
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Venril Sathir

On the xml I saw, the 4 hotbars all had individual design elements in the hotbutton xml file. This means that changes would need to be manually replicated across all 4 hotbars in the xml: OR that you could have up to 4 radically different looking hotbars from each other, which might be interesting ... could present some fascinating new looks, in fact. Sounds like fun to be had by all, here ...
Desideratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #11
rjengel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via Yahoo to rjengel
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desideratus
On the xml I saw, the 4 hotbars all had individual design elements in the hotbutton xml file. This means that changes would need to be manually replicated across all 4 hotbars in the xml: OR that you could have up to 4 radically different looking hotbars from each other, which might be interesting ... could present some fascinating new looks, in fact. Sounds like fun to be had by all, here ...

All I know is when I modded the hotbutton window to check to see if the mod was the same on all the other windows, All I did was remove title, made transparent, and removed border just so I could see if the subsequent windows would do the same, and they did. But as I said, I didn't do much with the HB window I was mainly working on modding out the Inventory window to fit in with the UI I am finishing up for the release of DoD

Sincerely:
RJENGEL
rjengel is offline   Reply With Quote