User Name
Password

Old 02-28-2003, 07:28 PM   #46
Soes
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by BiffinIt
Uggg I'm having the same problem with your UI as I was with drakahs....since the LoY patch its really glitchy and juttery, (freeze for like 2 seconds at a time about every 10 seconds) people said to load the default UI and then reload the custom and it should fix it..no dice =/ anyone have any clue how to fix this problem, EQ is becoming unplayable cause of its freezing )=. Oh btw i thought it might have just been eq so i uninstalled EQ and downloaded all the patches again...that didnt help...so I defraged the comp, and that didnt work...maybe it has to do with the renaming of the .ini files? I followed the instructions perfectly it just doesnt seem to like me :/ please help if ya can

~Biffin

Wow.. havn't heard of this problem yet.. do you have sound enabled?
Old 02-28-2003, 07:38 PM   #47
BiffinIt
A Fire Beetle

Server: Solusek Ro
Send a message via AIM to BiffinIt Send a message via Yahoo to BiffinIt

Aye sound is enabled and i installed everything correctly, i was having the same problem with drakahs as this one....im begining to think its because of how the UI uses a viewport style screen when i use a UI that doesnt have the viewport thing enabled it seems not to freeze =/ if ya have any suggestions please let me know =/

~Biffin
Old 02-28-2003, 08:08 PM   #48
her0zbane
A Fire Beetle

Send a message via AIM to her0zbane
Default N/T

N/T

Last edited by her0zbane : 02-28-2003 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:41 PM   #49
her0zbane
A Fire Beetle

Send a message via AIM to her0zbane
Default Bug found in Program

If you hold the left mouse button down in the player stat/pet/clickable window the game will crash to desktop... I repeated this bug multiple times and every time it will crash if you hold the left mouse button in that window.

Please if I've neglected some setting then let me know.

Thank you,
James
Old 03-02-2003, 12:58 PM   #50
Prophylon
A Bat

Thanks for making this one Soes, it's quite lovely However I do have some remarks:

- You can't tell wether a buff is positive or negative. Of course, you can look at the name, but what some other UI's have is a color around the buff icon, so I can see real fast what stuff is on me. Especially when buffed a good bit and some buffs have faded, it's hard to see, fast, what you have on you.

- In 1024x768, the lower part of the screen is rather big. I think it would nicer if it got a bit slimmer (smaller hotbuttons, inventory buttons, kill the top edge of the lower interface and float the compass, integrate the mob health bar a bit more down.

Anyway, I'll probably work on some of this myself, just wanted to let you know what my complaints are. Either way, excellent work. Particulary fond of the buff icons

Thanks!

Prophylon.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:09 PM   #51
Jilazy
A Fire Beetle

Soes I love the UI but my only gripe is the problem with the pet window.

Everything else works fine even the pet window works fine but I just can't move the bloody thing.

ATM I'm just turning it on and off as needed but I'd rather make use of it since it looks so dam good.

Anyways if you have any idea what could be causing this problem I would greatly appreciate any comments.

I have reinstalled EQ and reinstalled the UI twice and I know what I'm going so its not a problem with me renaming files.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Jil
Old 03-07-2003, 05:56 PM   #52
mojokyn
A Fire Beetle

Default quick question for ya

Soes,

First of all, amazing UI. Clean and simple, thats the best type. I'm returning to the game after a year's absence and I am planning on using your UI. I'm planning on installing it Sunday night when I get back from a trip.

Before I do however, I have a couple quick questions for you (keep in mind I haven't played with the new customizable UI feature of PoP yet):

1) How do I get guild chat to show up in the group window and not the main?

2) How do I get raid channels to show in the group window and not the main?

3) Is it possible to hide the MP3 controls at the top?

Thanks a ton! Keep up the great work!!
Old 03-07-2003, 06:16 PM   #53
Velisaris
A Ghoul

Mojokyn,

1. and 2. All chat channels are able to be filtered to any open chat window. Right click the scroll bar on a chat window and go down to "Filters." Anything with an * by it is filtered to that window. Click what you want to be filtered to that window (you have to do it one channel at a time, which sucks).

3. Alt-K toggles the MP3 player.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:13 AM   #54
mojokyn
A Fire Beetle

when i try to load it, it says that the xml files are not compatible. i created the folder in my uifiles dir and replaced my .ini with the proper one...is it because I don't have LoY?

edit: just purchased LoY and the problem did not go away.

Last edited by mojokyn : 03-10-2003 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:53 AM   #55
Velisaris
A Ghoul

Take a look at your UIErrors.text in the EQ directory. It should tell you what's wrong. You could post it here and see if someone can help.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:03 AM   #56
alsmack
A Bat

Default Sound Crashing

If you have a problem with eq crashing when you have sound disabled, open up the UI ini file, and change the LastM3U or whatever it is under the MusicPlayerWnd from the big long path name to "***" with no quotes.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:43 PM   #57
mexcantech
A Fire Beetle

AAA nm i see what you mean now =p