Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 01-30-2008, 05:58 AM   #496
Sadge
A Treant

Well, just in case anyone is interested ... here's my animations file for the 2.0 patch (old guages)

Keep in mind that seaxouri's Quartz used a Animations_default file and an animations file. The 2.0 patch only had 1 animations file.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml (35.0 KB, 16 views)
Sadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:09 AM   #497
Lidin
A Gray Wolf

Default buff icons problem

Hey guys, thanks for keeping Quartz up to date. I really love this UI.

I recently had to reload my PC and EQ. I had copied all my UI folders off onto another PC so I wouldn't have to mess with them, but something didn't load back right. I use the old spell icons still. The picture is still working fine, but the text beside the picture is different. Instead of having a blue (or red) background, it is now transparent. It wouldn't be a problem, except when I am raiding, it's nice to know when I get hit with a detrimental AE. Anyone have a clue how what I need to get the blue and red backgrounds back?

Thanks.
Lidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #498
Fessic
A Snow Cougar

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

hey everyone a friend of mine that has been keeping up with this UI and has made some mods to it himself but not he has retired from the game and left it up to me i know that usually there are comparisons to the updated SoE files i am looking for those for the new patch that is being released on april 16 or 17 if you could point me in the right direction that would be great
Fessic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #499
luckyhoney25
A Treant

I love the Quartz UI. For patch stuff here is a link that gives some UI stuff on what they may or may not change for this game update

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/g...?date=4/17/2008
luckyhoney25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #500
Fessic
A Snow Cougar

does anyone know if DarkSir is still doing the Xml File compares?? also does anyone know about a program called diff to compare XML file??
Old 04-19-2008, 04:24 AM   #501
Aldius
A Ghoul

Server: The Seventh Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fessic
does anyone know if DarkSir is still doing the Xml File compares?? also does anyone know about a program called diff to compare XML file??

Actually, Seaxouri is now doing the UI. Darksir retired so to speak.
Aldius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:07 PM   #502
Trikorthan
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaxouri
I posted a v2.3.0 which should work fine with the 9/5/2007 patch. You will need to update your UI_Character_Server.ini file as instructed in the readme.

I added in the option of resuming the use of the old casting bars. Note how it breaks the Inventory window and the chat windows in the 'Old Window Pieces' screenshot.

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=5460

I have included below a screenshot comparision of the different casting bars.

The left is using the 'old window pieces'.
The middle is using 'no window pieces' or 'none', which means we use the default window pieces, including the compass, etc.
The right side is the 'new window pieces' which is a modified mix of the old and the new.

Note how the New setting is slightly brighter than the None setting.
The Old setting makes a lot of windows look ugly and breaks things. Not worth it to me to keep those old casting bars. You might notice the Old window pieces also lose the 'combat status' icon normally in the group window.

Im not great at usin this stuff. Been havin problems seeing pearls and no Loot All button etc etc. Anyways, re-downloaded the 2.3 and want to use the Old window pieces loot but i dont understand how to use them. I see the folder where it shows them but i dont know how to make the UI use them.
Trikorthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #503
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikorthan
Im not great at usin this stuff. Been havin problems seeing pearls and no Loot All button etc etc. Anyways, re-downloaded the 2.3 and want to use the Old window pieces loot but i dont understand how to use them. I see the folder where it shows them but i dont know how to make the UI use them.

Just drag the items you want from the folder to your main quartz folder and hit yes when asked if you want to replace

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:28 PM   #504
Inchon
A Ghoul

Default Error

I get an error trying to run the UI INI Manager, anyway around this? It cannot start.
Inchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #505
Lias
A Ghoul

Default Quartz not Working with Sept 3rd Patch

Logged in after patch of 3rd September 2008 (patch introducing voice support) and Quartz is broken.

"Error loading skin "Quartz", attempting to load default"

Ooops. Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix things?
Lias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #506
chicken13
A Treant

Aye, same issue. Hope the powers that be are integrating the changes.

Been stuck on Q for years.
chicken13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #507
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

just open your animations file and add the lines Haliken has posted in opatch thread this will get you up and running but wont fix the windows that have the new voice faetures.

hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #508
Lias
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
just open your animations file and add the lines Haliken has posted in opatch thread this will get you up and running but wont fix the windows that have the new voice faetures.

hal

Thanks, that worked great. My quartz EQUI_Animations.xml had an include statement for EQUI_Animations-default.xml and so I made Haliken's edits in that file. But otherwise... the work of but a minute.
Lias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #509
Arrta Myrdhyn
A Gray Wolf

Someone want to post specific instructions for this or a working zip?
Here is what I did.
Downloaded 2.0
Patched with 2.3
Made the changes to EQUI_Animations.xml (EQUI_Animations-default.xml) as posted by Haliken.
When I load it it loads the default UI.

Edit: OK! Can not have spaces in UI Folder Name.
Quartz 2.3 No
Quartz-2.3 Yes

Last edited by Arrta Myrdhyn : 09-04-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Arrta Myrdhyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #510
luckyhoney25
A Treant

Will there be an update for Quartz now that Seeds of destruction is out? My eq window gives me the message Your XML files are not compatible with current Everquest Files, certain windows will not perform correctly. Use load skin default 1 to load the everquest default skin.

In Quartz my tribute windows benefits has its Activate button greyed out and is unable to activate the benefits. Thinking it may of been quartz, I switched into to the Default skin as sugguested and its the same problem with tribute benefits window. The quartz version I use is 2.3
luckyhoney25 is offline   Reply With Quote