Password

Old 09-23-2002, 06:11 PM   #121
Feebbwin
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Muse
Hi guys,

I've put up the newest version of the GUI XML Creator to download on my site.

Changes:
-- Put in some beta code for those Voodoo3 users out there to try out and see if it works for them. Let me know!
-- Added in an option to put in fixed-width tabs of your own size choice. A good number is 100-150 or so.
-- Fixed some sizing issues with very small or very large maps.

I want to thank everyone here for all the help on tracking down the issues and a big thanks to Conen for helping to work out the scrollable tabs. I think I got it figured out and managed to get those pesky borders to disappear altogether.

Good newa Muse...
Looks like this version has fixed the scrunched-up map problem.
GRATZ,
Feebb
Old 09-23-2002, 06:46 PM   #122
Bitton
A Snow Cougar

the changes make me like this mod much more

10/10 nannas

Wanderer, Morell-Thule, Discordians

"Angels that are forced from heaven must become demons"
Old 09-23-2002, 11:28 PM   #123
Vandyl
A Gray Wolf

Server: xagony

Hey Muse

Well the map does not seem squished... but for some reason it is still cut off. I tried re-downloading the map but it is still cutting off the right sides and the bottom. Anyone have any sugestions?
Old 09-24-2002, 05:17 PM   #124
Muse
EQ Atlas Webmaster

Hey Vandyl,

Could you post up a screenshot of the problem you're having with it being cut off? I have an idea for what might be happening, but still not sure.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:19 AM   #125
Vandyl
A Gray Wolf

Ok Muse here it is... I hope... ( have not done this before remember...)
Old 09-25-2002, 08:21 AM   #126
Muse
EQ Atlas Webmaster

Okay, great, thanks Vandyll. This is still stretched and cropped. If you can, email me the EQUI_HelpWnd.xml file that you put in this folder (the one my program made) and I'll make some changes to it and email it back to you to try out (or maybe a couple of versions to try). I'm also assuming you tried it with the Voodoo3 texture setting selected?
Old 09-27-2002, 11:28 PM   #127
Vandyl
A Gray Wolf

ok Muse sent it to you
Old 09-30-2002, 12:21 AM   #128
Goldmember
A Fire Beetle

Server: The Rathe

lol, I bet SOE would say they own your maps Muse

cool mod , I'm really hopin for a bazaar drop-down per current zone or choosable options.
then have legend on next pane.
mmmm, feels like CS with all this moddin goin on.

I'd gladly pay $20 for the dropdown / legend ubah map mod.

ps. Ads never problem for me, they never go to my comp with da leet SUPAHOST tr1><0r!
Sorry muse, yours too :-( ads remind me of bugs is all....infestations...
Old 10-15-2002, 09:09 AM   #129
Muse
EQ Atlas Webmaster

Default Bad news for Voodoo users

Well, I have some bad news for Voodoo users. I've been doing some tests with Vandyl and his Voodoo board, trying to get various combos to work. It appears that Voodoo boards will never be able to show these things correctly, because of the way they load textures.

I plan on tweaking the GUI so that voodoo users will not have their maps cropped, but they will always have them distorted. What happens is that Voodoo cards are stuck with 256x256 texture spaces. Not a huge problem, because they can allocate more than one to fit a larger texture. The problem is that, in doing so, they stretch the texture to fit that multiple of 256x256 space (like 512x768 or 1028x256, whatever it is). This causes distortion that I can't fix through any manipulation short of creating maps that all fit some multiple of those dimensions (which I have no plans on doing).

Sorry for the bummer news. Hopefully this doesn't affect too many people.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:18 PM   #130
zyren
A Gray Wolf

dont want to upset everybody, but this mod is illegal. Verant stated that no mods can be made fomr the help window. It would be great if you could make this mod for actions window (as i have seen others, but not the greatest maps as you have, but i dont want to get banned for using this mod cause it uses help window. Just a warning to all your people out there.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:52 PM   #131
zyren
A Gray Wolf

*bump*

hopefully someone reads my comment
Old 10-15-2002, 08:51 PM   #132
Boladornis
A Fire Beetle

ok he doesnt want a zip of his files online.. but can someone zip up other maps.. from Eqmaps or such for me? Im too lazy to download them all
Old 10-15-2002, 08:53 PM   #133
Boladornis
A Fire Beetle

btw ill still use it till Verant makes the rule more obvious... Im sure u had to search for the rule. Until it says this on my login screen or patch screen they arent gonna ban me.. or at least ill get a warning
Old 10-16-2002, 11:16 PM   #134
Muse
EQ Atlas Webmaster

/sigh... Please read the message boards before posting something like that. SOE has stated specifically that putting maps in any window is fine. The alteration of the html files that they use in the Help window is illegal, but this mod doesn't do that.

BTW, please let me know if you have any problems with this after the last patch. There shouldn't be any, but you never know.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:42 AM   #135
lc3Burne
A Bat

Server: Tunare

Great addition to a UI Muse,

I was wondering if you are planning to attempt a dropdown box.. I've noticed using 'SidlWidl' there isn't very many options but under the browser, there is a button draw template and a BDT_Combo, But if you try to drag it over it doesn't drop anything (booo can't it be like visual basic? LOL)

So I'm wondering since you've done this great job on what you have now.. Do you plan on attempting a drop down menu?

Kunark , Fv , LOIO
btnName, Zone, zone, etc..
(and when an option is picked it pops up on the right) some sort of... fvmap.visible=true) I'm not very good at visual basic or XML but I love to pick around a lil bit and see what I can do lol..

I spent probly an hour snaggin all the maps I could of your eqmaps site got them all too.. I believe and with a width space of 150-200 they all show up lol (scrolls to the right a long ways), Your site is the best source IMO for quality maps (although I wish they all of them had a legend on the maps for when your in game.. lol) <-- LAZY

I Enjoy the map program though and Thank you for the effort you've put into it!