Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Compares & Patch fixes > Patch fix archive
User Name
Password

Old 10-17-2002, 09:40 AM   #1
Kelric

Server: Brell Serilis
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Consolidated fixes to UI's - work in progress

Cross posted from UI News and Updates.

As we all know, a number of files were patched; the fixes listed here may not be the only ones required for your UI. I intend to keep that page and this updated as often as possible with fixes. Feel free to post fixes you find here also.

***Numerous UI developers have already uploaded new versions to correct the issues of the 10/16 patch. Before you do anything else, check the EQ Interface Home to see if your UI has been updated - the Downloads section is on the left!***

Marcin and Cairenn have outlined all the changes to the patched UI files in this thread. Most are on page 1, the Pet window change is on page 3.

On the Sony EQ Technical Help Board, CSR Victor Wachter has posted a suggestion to copy the files patched on 10/16 to your custom UI folder. This has worked for some folks.
Note: this will overwrite any of these files that already exist in your custom folder; in addition, it should not be necessary, given how EQ is supposed to find UI files. Join the discussion here.

Porte posted that the new "/loadskin" command is not working correctly. It seems to be attempting to resolve the path incorrectly. If you want to load your skin, use the old "/loadskin (foldername) 1" command (the "1" being the argument to retain current window placement).

Marcin found that the EQUI_Animations.xml file has had some additions. Here's how to fix the EQUI_Animations.xml yourself.

Nimhloth found that if you check your UI_(charactername)_(servernumber).ini file and look for the line that says UISkin=, you may find nothing but boxes after the "="; delete those boxes and type in the folder name for your custom UI.

A number of folks have discovered that editing the EQUI.xml file has helped them. If you want to try this, open the C:\Program Files\EverQuest\uifiles\default folder and comment out or delete the following lines:
<Include>EQUI_LoadskinWnd.xml</Include>
<Include>EQUI_AlarmWnd.xml</Include>

This should only be considered a temporary fix; hopefully a more permanent one will be found.

Sokol has a Vert 2.2 patch available for download; it seems to correct most issues, but there may be some still outstanding not directly related to the Vert mod.

LanceManion and Feebbwin seem to have found the problem causing bad FPS/lag for Vert 2.2 users. Apparently the UI is attempting to call a non-existent graphics file, tkspellbar.tga. LanceManion has posted instructions on correcting it manually, and Feebwin has posted a zipfile to overwrite the offending XML.

Fixes for T.King/Remelio mods has been released. Separate fixes for EQUI_Animations.xml and EQUI.xml can be found at Remelio's site.

Last edited by Kelric : 10-18-2002 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:40 AM   #2
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Good job Merlin, I stickied your topic so that you could continue to post info as you get it..

I am going to ask that people ONLY post SOLUTIONS in this thread.. there are enough threads about whats wrong that maybe with one thread about how to fix it, we can get some of this resolved. I will remove any post that don't envolve a solution.. feel free to go into details of the solution though.

I used the Vert 2.2 patch last night and had no trouble getting it to load using the /loadskin vert-2.2 1 command. as merlin said, the loadskin window is not working correctly yet (no mention of it in todays patch either)

Kudane
Old 10-17-2002, 12:09 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Don't forget to grab all the information I compiled in this thread.

Everything that was added or changed to all the files other than EQUI_Animations.xml (had already been posted) and EQUI_PetInfoWindow.xml (took a while to figure out that it was just the tooltip reference that changed, from "Pet Sit Down" to "Pet Sit Down/Pet Stand Up") are listed there.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Old 10-17-2002, 04:23 PM   #4
dougiefresh
A Bat

Default <3

i love you guys!