Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 12-18-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
akenta
Warrior of Qeynos

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Trying to fix my Player Window

This has been bothering me for years (but not enough to fix until lately). Now that I understand the UIs better I keep thinking I should be able to get the window to look the way I want it to. After trying for a long time tonight, I decided I should seek some advice here

I'm not sure where the picture I uploaded will appear, but the window on the left is my current window. The window on the right is what I'm trying to get it to look like. I want the Mana label to appear as well as the percent sign. (Would also love for that 100% that is popping up on my mana bar to go away, but I'll save that for another night).

While I was able to get the label and percent sign to appear, it comes at the cost of seeing the warning that my XML files are not compatible with the current files.

Taking a look at the logs, shows the two culprits are ManaLabel and ManPercLabel. If I put these in my file, no compatibility errors, but no label or percent sign.

Here is the code for the window on the left:
Code:
<Label item ="Mana_Label"> <ScreenID>ManaLabel</ScreenID> <Font>2</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>1</X> <Y>20</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>40</CX> <CY>15</CY> </Size> <Text>Mn:</Text> <TextColor> <R>150</R> <G>150</G> <B>255</B> </TextColor> <NoWrap>true</NoWrap> <AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter> <AlignRight>false</AlignRight> </Label>

and here is the code for the window on the right:
Code:
<Label item ="Mana_Label"> <ScreenID>Mana_Label</ScreenID> <Font>2</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>1</X> <Y>20</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>40</CX> <CY>15</CY> </Size> <Text>Mn:</Text> <TextColor> <R>150</R> <G>150</G> <B>255</B> </TextColor> <NoWrap>true</NoWrap> <AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter> <AlignRight>false</AlignRight> </Label>

The only difference is what I underlined. There is something about that ScreenID that is making some difference
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Player Window Comp.JPG (26.1 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by akenta : 12-18-2008 at 09:56 PM.
akenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:19 PM   #2
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

Ok easiest thing to do is move the 100% from the middle of your bar so change the x and y till it gets where you want it(though i dont see it in the pic). As for the errors just find the items that display the mana and perc and change their screen id to match the default and all should be well

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #3
coolcyborg1000
A Gray Wolf

Could it be because of the space you have in the Screen ID. In the first code you have without any spaces but the second one you do
coolcyborg1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #4
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

Most likely there's something else different.

Way down at the bottom of the file, under Screen item "PlayerWindow", are all the <Pieces> lines listed in the same order in both versions?

Also, double check that there aren't any other items in your xml named ManaLabel or Mana_Label. That 100% popping up makes me think maybe that is also named ManaLabel or something similar.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
akenta
Warrior of Qeynos

I'll try and look for the things suggested. Here is my memory of what I had done.

Years and years ago, I downloaded the UI from here (I'm pretty sure it was the Mafoo Player Window).

TSS came out and they changed something. Since I was in beta for that, I thought I would play around and see if I could figure out the changes. It was a lot of fun and eventually I got the new stuff added. The drawback, was I started to see the incomptability message (it may have been there before). I checked my UI log and the two errors were it couldn't find ManaLabel and ManPercLabel. Not knowing any better, I found my "Mana_Label" Item, and changed the ScreenID to ManaLabel from Mana_Label. I then found my "Mana_Percent_Label" Item and changed the ScreenID from Mana_Percent_Label to ManPerCLabel. I was now compatible and proud of myself.

I don't know if that's when I lost my "Mn:" and "%" labels, but I'm starting to suspect that's the case. Last night I changed by ScreenIDs back and they appeared, but I was no longer compatible.

As for the suggestions:

Halelen - great idea, except I have no idea what is putting that 100% at the beginning of my mana bar. I've search the whole file to see what is being put on that Y line, but didn't see anything obvious to me.

Coolcyborg - I think it has everything to do with that extra space, but if I get rid of it then by label doesn't print.

Sylphan - I just double checked my PlayerWindow area and the same code is in both files. I also did a quick search on anywhere I had the word "Mana" to make sure it wasn't there twice, and it looked clean to me.

I do appreciate all the suggestions
Old 12-20-2008, 04:11 AM   #6
Desideratus
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Venril Sathir

Quote:
Originally Posted by akenta
I checked my UI log and the two errors were it couldn't find ManaLabel and ManPercLabel. Not knowing any better, I found my "Mana_Label" Item, and changed the ScreenID to ManaLabel from Mana_Label. I then found my "Mana_Percent_Label" Item and changed the ScreenID from Mana_Percent_Label to ManPerCLabel. I was now compatible and proud of myself.

I don't know if that's when I lost my "Mn:" and "%" labels, but I'm starting to suspect that's the case. Last night I changed by ScreenIDs back and they appeared, but I was no longer compatible.

If all you want to do is keep screen on the left and lose the red errors, create two new labels, size them as CX=0, CY=0, give them the offending ScreenIDs, and include the zero-sized items in the screen.

The UI expects those ScreenIDs to be there, and USES them - if you are a class without mana then it hides the two items with those ScreenIDs (mana label and mana percent label).

Note, the default doesn't have a "mana" label - what it uses the ManaLabel ScreenID for is actually the mana percentage, the 0 before the % sign.

If your mana gauge was ScreenID'd as PlayerMana then it should go away too - possibly the UI parser doesn't complain if that doesn't match, though, which is why you have an empty gauge showing in both images.

The 0/0 from current/max mana won't go away ever because since it's not part of the default player window it has no ScreenID that the parser is looking for to deal with as active content.

I believe that it's now theoretically possible to put a number of custom elements inside a container - if you gave that CONTAINER one of the actively managed ScreenIDs, instead of one of the elements of it, then possibly the whole container would vanish for non-mana-enabled classes. I haven't experimented though.

The 100% on your mana bar - look for an item <text>100%</text> in your UI file. Betting it's in your mana gauge and has x and y offsets associated with it that are planting it over the gauge bar. Delete the line - you don't need it - if I'm right.
Desideratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:29 AM   #7
akenta
Warrior of Qeynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desideratus
If all you want to do is keep screen on the left and lose the red errors, create two new labels, size them as CX=0, CY=0, give them the offending ScreenIDs, and include the zero-sized items in the screen.

The 100% on your mana bar - look for an item <text>100%</text> in your UI file. Betting it's in your mana gauge and has x and y offsets associated with it that are planting it over the gauge bar. Delete the line - you don't need it - if I'm right.

I created two Dummy labels (started to do that the other night, but didn't add the pieces) and that worked. I now can see my "Mn:" and my "%" and Sony isn't telling me I'm incompatible
I did search my file for a text of 100%, and couldn't find it. It only show's up on my melee characters that don't have any mana. I'm going to guess it's a weird divide by zero error on Sony's part and just forget about it (Edit: I just went back to upload the new fixed file, and I saw the picture I originally uploaded had the labels, I was trying to bring back - maybe they were only missing on my melee classes - but I'm happy all my characters look the same.)

Everyone, thanks again for all the help!!

Last edited by akenta : 12-20-2008 at 07:37 AM.