Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 12-08-2023, 01:20 PM   #1
Anatis
A Treant

Server: Not tellin :)
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Target of Target

Since it was changed to the new UI, the ToT window is always on top.
It's on top of the bank window, on top of tooltips, on top of everything. I keep having to move the darn thing.
Is there a way to have it behave like it used to? (Staying behind / under other stuff)
I like the ToT window to be next to the target window (I use Drakah UI's mostly) and if I check, say, mez duration, the timer disappears behind the ToT window and I have to move it out of the way to see how much time is left.

See screenshot.
Is there something I can do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ToT.jpg (22.0 KB, 12 views)
Anatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 08:11 AM   #2
Leigo
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatis
Since it was changed to the new UI, the ToT window is always on top.
It's on top of the bank window, on top of tooltips, on top of everything. I keep having to move the darn thing.
Is there a way to have it behave like it used to? (Staying behind / under other stuff)
I like the ToT window to be next to the target window (I use Drakah UI's mostly) and if I check, say, mez duration, the timer disappears behind the ToT window and I have to move it out of the way to see how much time is left.

See screenshot.
Is there something I can do?

I do believe this is part of the html5 conversion. They have said they will re-adjust what windows are set to "Always on Top". I don't think we can do anything as it is server side.
Leigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 03:05 PM   #3
Angahran
Premium Member

Default fix

Does copying the target of target window out of 'default' into your custom ui folder work?
Old 12-12-2023, 03:35 PM   #4
Leigo
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angahran
Does copying the target of target window out of 'default' into your custom ui folder work?

There is no point to do that. If you delete any file in a custom UI the game will load that file from the default folder.
Leigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 06:37 PM   #5
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigo
There is no point to do that. If you delete any file in a custom UI the game will load that file from the default folder.

There KIND OF is a reason for it now... if one is using a custom UI that doesn't include a custom file for a window that has been ported to the new UI, adding the "default" xml file TO the custom UI forces the engine to load an xml version of that specific window instead of automatically pulling the new default piece.

The person in the OP uses a custom UI that doesn't include a HoTT window, which is presenting them with the issue of the new html piece being loaded instead of the UI behaviour OP wants to see.

A better option for OP would be to see if the "toggle new UI" checkbox in the options window is turned off (to tell EQ you don't want to pull any html files). This works fine for pure default users to switch back and forth but I haven't checked its behaviour with custom UI's.
Emilari is offline   Reply With Quote