User Name
Password

Old 10-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Durty Delt

Discussion thread for UI posted HERE .

Please post any issues/problems you might have. Update information will also be posted here by me.
Darkmourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:40 AM   #2
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Updated to include sample copylayouts in the zip file. You'll either need to rename your UI folder to "DurtyDelt" or edit the .ini files to match the name of your folder. Other than that, everything works as far as I can tell. Please let me know if something doesn't.

Currently I am at work updating the UI for the SoF expansion, including completely updated graphics which will eliminate all of the pixellations, smudges, and discolorations introduced from countless people updating them in the past. Hopefully I will have that all done by the time the expansion ships. If not, I will at least have it working with the old graphics.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #3
gamanin
A Bat

Server: Morell Thule
Send a message via AIM to gamanin
Default ui tell window

can u add a close button to tell windows plz??
gamanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:17 PM   #4
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamanin
can u add a close button to tell windows plz??
I don't use tell windows, but I'd think this should work. Open the EQUI_ChatWindow.xml file with Wordpad. Scroll all the way to the bottom, where you will see this section:
Quote:
<Screen item = "ChatWindow">
<RelativePosition>false</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>95</X>
<Y>280</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>421</CX>
<CY>200</CY>
</Size>
<Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll>
<Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll>
<Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
<DrawTemplate>WDT_RoundedNoTitle</DrawTemplate>
<Style_Titlebar>false</Style_Titlebar>
<Style_Closebox>true</Style_Closebox>
<Style_Minimizebox>false</Style_Minimizebox>
<Style_Border>true</Style_Border>
<Style_Sizable>true</Style_Sizable>
<Pieces>CW_ChatOutput</Pieces>
<Pieces>CW_ChatInput</Pieces>
</Screen>
Change the Style_Titlebar line to true instead of false. You may also need to change the line above it to WDT_Rounded, instead of WDT_RoundedNoTitle. And if you want to be able to minimize them, change the Style_Minimizebox to true as well. I won't be changing this in the official release, but it should work for any that want it. Please let me know if it doesn't and I'll take a closer look.

Last edited by Darkmourn : 10-19-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #5
Corb
A Bat

Default Ello!

This looks like a nice mod....

But.

On my machine the bank only shows 8 bag slots not 16, and the right clickies section seems all messed up, shows my backpackpack, face mask, and 3 more of the same bag down the right hand side...

Also, I don't have the last 4 expansions, don't know if that makes a difference or not

Any assistance would be helpful, thanks

Corb
Corb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #6
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

The right clickies are unfortunately set to the way I want them. If anyone wants to change them, I have outlined how to do so on the main page, but will copy it here.
Quote:
I forgot to mention, the clickies are laid out to suit my personal use. If you wish to change those clicky slots, all you need to do is find the appropriate section in the EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml file. Open the file with Wordpad or something similar, search for "Right Click Pieces 1" (without the quotes) and then change the EQType for each slot as you see fit, using the list on the forums of this board. (Please note, some EQTypes have changed with TBS, so make sure you have the updated listing)

Also note, pressing the tiny little 2 above the clickies will take you to a second page, which shows all 8 bag slots, primary, secondary, ranged, and ammo as well.
It is a good idea also to keep track of which EQTypes you change these clickies to, as every time I update it you could potentially lose your custom clicks if mine overwrite it. Sorry for the inconvenience, but every single person probably prefers their clickies a certain way so I can't hope to maintain them all.

As far as the bank slots, I can't remember when the last group of them was added, but not being up to date with expansions could very well be the cause. I will be updating this UI for SoF next week, so assuming that everyone is caught up on expansions after that (since it includes all expansions with it), I'll verify everything is working as it should.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #7
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Version 11-13-07: Updated for use with SoF, including 10th spell gem, 2 extra buff slots, and extra potion slot. PLEASE NOTE this is a work in progress. While everything should work just fine for now, I am aware of several minor graphical glitches, extra bandolier slot needed, etc. I am in the process of completely redoing all of the graphics and re-lining up everything. Several of the windows have the new graphics already, like the hotbutton window and the HoTT/Spell Bar. Also, currently the blue pieces do not work (and may never again since I don't use them), and it is possible that the melee version got screwed up, but I haven't tested it. Therefore, and this is very important:

PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST REVISION IN A NEW FOLDER, AND KEEP YOUR OLD ONE IN CASE SOMETHING ISN'T THE WAY YOU WANT IT.

I can't stress this enough. This is a work in progress, and unexpected bugs are likely to pop up, so RIGHT NOW if something isn't the way you want it with my new version, you can revert to the old one and all you will be missing is the 10th gem, extra buff slots, etc. Not optimal I know, but still playable (alt-0 casts your 10th spell btw, in case you have to load the old version after memming the spell).

Also, I removed the loot window for now and am using the default one, since they added the "Loot All" button, and I didn't want to take the time to fix that window right now. And since the only time I ever have to scroll is when looting my corpse, and now I can just press Loot All, it doesn't really matter if it scrolls. But I'll see about fixing it later, or using one someone else comes up with.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #8
HiggbothMT
A Fire Beetle

Server: Luclin
Default The hot/spell bar for mele not workin right

Hey Dark thanks for updating this and keeping it running. The hot/spell bar for mele is causing some kind of XML mismatch and is not looking right the caster one works fine. Can you take a look please?

Hi any chance you can look at this? The hott bar/spell bar for mele is not working. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by HiggbothMT : 11-17-2007 at 10:54 AM.
HiggbothMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #9
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Version 11-17-07: A continuation of the above update, please follow those steps. I have updated the melee combat abilities window to work with the new graphics, so all you need to do is copy the one file out of the appropriate alternate pieces folder. This means that if you only play pure casters and pure melee, you can use the exact same UI. If you play a hybrid however, use that CA window instead. Also, I have updated the potion window to a horizontal version that I like better. Both options are available, again under the alternate pieces folder.

I am continuing work on updating the rest of the graphics, but am focusing on functionality first so everyone can keep playing without interruption.

Sorry it took me a bit to get the melee HoTT working. I've been pretty busy, and my only pure melee class is level 1 so I never use it.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:15 PM   #10
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Updated to include a few new LoN graphics.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #11
Tobynn
A Ghoul

Default Client Crashes

I've been experiencing zone-specific client crashes when zoning to bind out of hover mode. Mansion is particularly brutal, as is Solteris. I have had discussion with several others experiencing similar patterns. The common element across multiple different UIs is the use of exposed internal bag slots. Editing the UI to remove the internal bag slots has completly eliminated the crashing pattern for nearly everyone in the discussion group.

Any similar experiences, Darkmourn?

I love the internal bag views and it pains me to give them up, but it has indeed alleviated the client crashing.

I have also noticed that when naked, the UI regularly retains a "memory" of what used to be in those internal slots. Meaning, I usually carry a bag of x-items which display. I died. Now, I naked. I have no bags on me. I flip the view using the little 1/2 button and the item icons are still visible there within the UI even though those items are not actually in my inventory, now.

I make the wild assumption the client crash has something to do with that 'memory'. Wild Speculation on my part
Tobynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #12
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobynn
I've been experiencing zone-specific client crashes when zoning to bind out of hover mode. Mansion is particularly brutal, as is Solteris. I have had discussion with several others experiencing similar patterns. The common element across multiple different UIs is the use of exposed internal bag slots. Editing the UI to remove the internal bag slots has completly eliminated the crashing pattern for nearly everyone in the discussion group.

Any similar experiences, Darkmourn?

I love the internal bag views and it pains me to give them up, but it has indeed alleviated the client crashing.

I have also noticed that when naked, the UI regularly retains a "memory" of what used to be in those internal slots. Meaning, I usually carry a bag of x-items which display. I died. Now, I naked. I have no bags on me. I flip the view using the little 1/2 button and the item icons are still visible there within the UI even though those items are not actually in my inventory, now.

I make the wild assumption the client crash has something to do with that 'memory'. Wild Speculation on my part
Yes, I get the same thing with the "memory" of the internal slots when I die, and occasionally I crash while zoning after hovering, or getting a rez, or even just porting after being in a zone for a long time. And it is fairly agreed upon (I think) that the internal bag slots contribute to a higher amount of those crashes. Unfortunately, until Sony changes something on their end, I don't think there is much that I, or any other UI authors here, can do about it. I wish there was, believe me. As you stated, about the only way you can avoid them is to only use "out of bag" slots, but since I have a million clickies I need to refresh all the time, and Sony hasn't given me a better option, I make do. Fortunately I don't raid any more, so the number of deaths I take are greatly reduced.

I wish I could help, honestly.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #13
HiggbothMT
A Fire Beetle

Server: Luclin
Default LON crashes UI etc.

Hey Dark,

They Foobar'd things again with LON. Can you take a look I crash everytime I try to use LON since the Ninja patch last thursday.

I too have had the following issue for quite a while:

" I've been experiencing zone-specific client crashes when zoning to bind out of hover mode. Mansion is particularly brutal, as is Solteris. I have had discussion with several others experiencing similar patterns. The common element across multiple different UIs is the use of exposed internal bag slots. Editing the UI to remove the internal bag slots has completly eliminated the crashing pattern for nearly everyone in the discussion group. "

I hope SOE relizes its their issue.
HiggbothMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #14
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggbothMT
Hey Dark,

They Foobar'd things again with LON. Can you take a look I crash everytime I try to use LON since the Ninja patch last thursday.
Certainly, I'll take a look at it. I wasn't aware they changed anything recently, but I haven't tried to use LoN either. I've made a few other changes that will end up going in once I figure out what is wrong with LoN, so I'll fill you in on those when the time comes.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:33 PM   #15
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Ok, I need some help it seems. I can't pinpoint anything specific that is causing LoN crashes, and no LoN files have been updated in months (at least UI files that is). To make things even more difficult, I don't always crash when trying to load it. Sometimes I'll crash, then load in another character on the same account with the exact same UI, and it works. Also, I have three different computers and three different accounts, all with the same UI, and they all randomly work or crash with no rhyme or reason. It isn't one specific computer, or one specific layout, etc. I even copied one layout to another computer to see if that made any difference, and so far nothing seems to directly relate to the crashes that I can see.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them, because I'm sure it is annoying to roll the dice wondering if LoN is going to load this time or not. I'll keep looking, but I'm not optimistic unless someone else has encountered a similar problem. At this point I'm tempted to say it is an LoN problem, but I'd need to load the default and try that a bunch of times to see if I crash before saying that.