User Name
Password

Old 11-04-2002, 06:05 PM   #31
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: E'Ci
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default 1024x768

Well, I chopped up the side panels and squished everything down a little to fit in 1024x768. I can't really make the panels any narrower without drawing all new health bars, so this is what you get. The chat windows are way too small now, but you can move things around to make it work out.

Have fun.

EDIT: By the way, this is only a patch of the UI. You will need to download the full UI and then unpack these files on top of it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip xym31_1024.zip (15.8 KB, 1167 views)

Last edited by Xymarra : 01-23-2003 at 09:25 PM.
Xymarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 11:38 AM   #32
Myrrialle
A Fire Beetle

Default Screen Resolutions

Hey Xim

I love this UI when I'm playing my bard, well even my druid for that matter. My only problem is that I am unable to run at 1280x1024 at a higher refresh rate than 60Hz. I would invest in a new monitor but I have Photoshop fully callibrated for this monitor and it's such a pain to have to recallibrate.
There are a number of us that can run 1152x864 at 72Hz which is quite pleasing on the eyes and allows for a fair amount of room.
Unfortunately I'm not really UI savvy, else I would hack and slash the stuff myself to get it to fit. I would like to offer my services if needed to make this useable at lower resolutions, I just need a swift kick in the right direction.

Anyhow, SUPERB work here this is one of the finest UI designs I have seen yet.
Myrrialle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 02:40 PM   #33
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

To run at 1152x864:

Download the 3.0 version.
Download the 1024x768 patch and overwrite the files.

Edit EQUI_BuffWindow.xml and EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml:
Set the window height of both to 491 by replacing <CY>395</CY> with <CY>491</CY> in the Size tag of the Screen block at the end of the file.

Set your resolution to 1152x864 and move the window panes into place.

The buffs won't fill their panel, but that will take a lot of number shuffling that I don't have time to do right now.

These changes are attached as a zip file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip xym31_1152.zip (16.0 KB, 767 views)

Last edited by Xymarra : 01-23-2003 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:54 PM   #34
Zasthak
A Gray Wolf

Default Just a few things you might want to try

i was reading the first page of the post about the melee files integration heres a few hints that would make this ui absolutely own

A) where you had to add the inventory bar INSTEAD make it a third chat window, very slim, put "player hits and misses" in that window, and abbreviate them to "number only" that would be nice, and also, as a "timer" that you referred two, i would like that for i am a monk.. 6 minute timer for mend = nice just a few hints/requests
Zasthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 02:58 PM   #35
koul
A Ghoul

Default spell gem names

Xym- am using and enjoying your new UI. One thing I would ask: Is it possible to add spell names to the right of each spell gem? Something small and ubtrusive but will still allow quick identification of each gem without having to use the Alt key.

Switching from different characters- back and forth it can get confusing to remember the spells by gems only. Check Sars cast bar with names- I was using his UI til I saw yours and the only down side I've found is the spell names. Thanks in advance if this is something u can do and have time for!
koul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 03:08 PM   #36
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

I still tap the Alt key to check my current spells and habitually place the same spells in the same gems.

I will see what I can do, although I think I will have to replace the little inventory boxes at the bottom of the panel. There isn't really room next to the spell bar.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:48 PM   #37
koul
A Ghoul

Can the spell names just float out to the right of the spell gems just like when u hit the alt key? Names without boxes just the letters.

i.e. {gem 1} Invisibility

{gem 2} Gate

etc etc
Old 11-10-2002, 02:47 AM   #38
Istak
A Ghoul

Server: Brell
Send a message via ICQ to Istak Send a message via AIM to Istak Send a message via Yahoo to Istak

this is the best mod ever!
Istak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 07:37 PM   #39
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Quote:
Can the spell names just float out to the right of the spell gems just like when u hit the alt key? Names without boxes just the letters.

Well, there's a layout problem with it ...

I wanted to have a texture behind the side panels and those little gold scroll things in the corners. The size of the texture there is the size of the window, so everything has to fit inside that and there isn't enough room for the spell names to the right of the bar.

I could put a list at the bottom instead of the mini-inventory.
1: Spell 1
2: Spell 2 ...
but it wouldn't have the spell gems with it.

Quote:
A) where you had to add the inventory bar INSTEAD make it a third chat window, very slim, put "player hits and misses" in that window, and abbreviate them to "number only" that would be nice

I think you can do that yourself. Just make a new chat window and move it where you like it. Set the hits mode from the window menu. Turn off the side panel entirely if it gets in the way. If you use the basic UI as a non-caster, it won't show up anyhow.

Quote:
as a "timer" that you referred two, i would like that for i am a monk.. 6 minute timer for mend = nice

You can set up any timers you like using Arista's timers. Drag them wherever you like.
Old 11-15-2002, 10:08 PM   #40
Xanthias
A Gray Wolf

using the original skin in 1200 mode, is there a way to increase the text size you are writing?
Xanthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 11:50 PM   #41
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Quote:
using the original skin in 1200 mode, is there a way to increase the text size you are writing?

You can fix that in any UI.

Open up EQUI_ChatWindow.xml. The first part should describe the chat input line. It looks like this:

Code:
<Editbox item = "CW_ChatInput"> <ScreenID>CWChatInput</ScreenID>
After the ScreenID line, add this line:

Code:
<Font>5</Font>
You can use font 4 or 6 if you prefer. Font 3 is the default.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:01 AM   #42
koul
A Ghoul

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Xymarra
[B]Well, there's a layout problem with it ...

I wanted to have a texture behind the side panels and those little gold scroll things in the corners. The size of the texture there is the size of the window, so everything has to fit inside that and there isn't enough room for the spell names to the right of the bar.

I could put a list at the bottom instead of the mini-inventory.
1: Spell 1
2: Spell 2 ...
but it wouldn't have the spell gems with it.

Xym- thanks for looking into that-I'm not sure if putting the spell names at the bottom would help much. The time to look there if confused or uncertain of which gem to click on, it would be easier/quicker to just hit 'Alt'. Is there a way to trick the computer to thinking the 'ALT' key is always being pressed (always on)?? Ideally something like 'hit alt key once' they are on and stay on/'hit alt key again' they go off and stay off.
Maybe I just need a better memory (brain type), but switching between caster type characters can get confusing to remember the spell gems. Again, thank for your effort and the GREAT mod!!
Old 11-22-2002, 02:18 PM   #43
caleqs
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xegony
Send a message via Yahoo to caleqs

This is a great UI. I love all the info and the layout.

I'm having one problem...I cannot see any channel chat. I've looked for it and tried to set the filters right, but I'm just not getting any channel chat. Anyone else have this prob?

Caleqs Bonesreader <The Commune>
Xegony
Old 11-22-2002, 02:47 PM   #44
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

I have no trouble chatting in channels.

There is a bug that prevents many people from seeing chat channels, but I don't think it is related to the UI.

Try loading the default skin (/load default 1) and see if you can chat in channels. Then go back to mine (/load xym 1). If you can see the channels in default but not in my UI, please let me know.

In other news, I am going to update my UI very soon. I have been cleaning up a couple of the graphics and, of course, added the new files to EQUI.xml. Look for a 3.1 version this weekend.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:39 PM   #45
caleqs
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xegony
Send a message via Yahoo to caleqs

Thanks Xym, its working now. Magic, I guess. =)

Looking forward to whatever tweaks you'll be adding. I love the skin. Looking forward to what you can do with 1600x1200 to work with. =)
caleqs is offline   Reply With Quote