Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 07-30-2002, 03:30 AM   #1
Nennayan
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Brell Serilis
Send a message via ICQ to Nennayan Send a message via AIM to Nennayan
Default Ok, what am I doing wrong?

I downloaded the giant 1600x1200 res hp bar by Jerrith, and used that as a template to create my own alternate HP bar. I made my own TGA file called Newbar.tga and replaced the text referring to Jergauge1048x128.tga. I changed every instance of Jer_Gauge to Newbar_ and set the size and location coordinates for each part.

No matter what I do I keep getting this in the UIerrors.txt:

UIErrorLog created at Tue Jul 30 02:57:10 2002
[Tue Jul 30 02:57:15 2002] [Line:64 Source:UIFiles\newbar\EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'Newbar_EndCapLeft' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:111 Source:UIFiles\newbar\EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'Newbar_LinesFill' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:175 Source:UIFiles\newbar\EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'Newbar_EndCapLeft' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:238 Source:UIFiles\newbar\EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'Newbar_EndCapLeft' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:301 Source:UIFiles\newbar\EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'Newbar_EndCapLeft' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:364 Source:UIFiles\newbar\EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'Newbar_EndCapLeft' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()
[Tue Jul 30 02:57:15 2002] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
Old 07-30-2002, 04:29 AM   #2
Nennayan
A Shissar Disciple

Somehow I managed to fuge it up even worse. Now the game crashes before it can even generate a UIerrors.txt file.

I went back and re did everything, changing none of the text in the files except for the coordinates for the graphic file and gauge pieces, and I even renamed newbar.tga to JerGauge1024x128.tga to minimize any possible errors.

I also resized the player window to 130x130 so I doubt that's causing it.

[EDIT: Just realized that compression was what was crashing me from reading another thread. Don't save your TGA files with compression!]

Last edited by Nennayan : 07-30-2002 at 05:09 AM.
Nennayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 10:45 AM   #3
Nennayan
A Shissar Disciple

Well, I finally got it all figured out, and now it's working. I made an extremely common mistake and I'm almost too ashamed to admit it. Note the filename I posted above. It's supposed to be 2048x128, not 1024x128. I renamed the file and everything worked perfectly.

Just thought you might find that somewhat informational.
Nennayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 12:36 PM   #4
Garlaen
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Thanks for sharing your mistake! I know reading things like this help me when I do the same thing.
Garlaen is offline   Reply With Quote