Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 07-30-2002, 10:27 AM   #1
blakkon
A Bat

Default setting window locations

I have been playing around with a few mods.. Alot of real nice work has been done on these.

However, I would like an explanation of how to freeze windows in certain places, while playing with this. I am not loading a whole skin set like Quartz, rather I am using things like compact spellbooks, altered spell icons, pet windows and the like.

I keep all this in a folder called "newui" which originally was a copy of the "default" folder. The problem I have is evertime I reload the "newui" skin all the windows are back in default VI positions and I have to redo alpha levels and background tints.

Is there a way to set these items permanently?
blakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 01:52 PM   #2
Legan
A Fire Beetle

Server: terris

Im having this exact same problem. Its really annoying that I can't change mods without having to retint and move all the windows around.
Legan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 06:25 PM   #3
arantius
A Crystal Gargoyle

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

When you /loadskin it annoyingly takes the default positions stored in the XML instead of preserving the positions you have chosen yourself and are stored in your INI.

The formula used for those numbers is also staggeringly complex/convoluted. It's explained somewhere on this board... Has something to do with the first 320 equals up to the first half of the screen (scaled to a 640x480) but for some reason past the halfway point, it then goes to a one greater is one pixel further system. I.E. Although 320 X coordinate is 512 pixels across a 1024x768, 370 X is 562 across. Weird-o, and also makes it about impossible to hard code good positions in the XML.