Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 07-30-2002, 11:06 AM   #1
Bolas
A Gray Wolf

Server: Vallon Zek
Send a message via ICQ to Bolas
Default Too many mods?

I'm trying to customize my skins to get them the way that I like them for pvp as an ogre shadowknight. In other words, melee, caster, pet class... gotta know a LOT o' stuff at once.

I started out by picking an inventory screen layout that was very similar to the old style of layout, with the shadowknight (or whatever class graphic) superimposed over the auto-equip area. So far so good.

The only problem I've had with the old-school inventory screen is that the done key is too small and too far to the right -- I'd like to see the auto-equip area moved up slightly and the done key moved to the lower left corner of the inventory screen and enlarged. It would also be nice to see the name of the slot show up if nothing is equipped there (i.e. "wrist" if there is no bracer). Other than that, I really like this inventory screen.

Then I added a custom small-footprint spellbook, the one with the pages that turn by clicking on the upper right or upper left corners and the spell mem timer centered at the bottom. I like this spellbook, no problems with it yet.

Then I added a custom buff bar -- the one tha thas smaller icons, the name of the icon to the right of the icon, and color-coded blue or red as to if the buff is good or bad. VERY helpful for pvp -- I can tell at a glance that the spell that I just got hit with was Winged Death and I can tell what buffs are between me and the WD that I will need to dispell or click off in order to get to the WD and dispell it. The only problem here is that "unknown spell" displays after a buff wears off... that's kinda annoying, is there a way to get rid of that or have it fade after a few seconds?

Then I tried to add in custom player/group/target bars to give a better readout of health, etc. When I did this, it messed up the hitpoints displayed on the inventory screen -- they changed to 0/0 instead. I figure this was since the hitpoints were now dispalyed in the same area as the red bar showing the hitpoints and that there was some problem with displaying the same information in two places at once. Is there a way to get the hitpoints/max hp to display both on the inventory screen and on the quick look status area?

The next thing I did was try the "Quartz" UI mod from scratch. Once I got the resolution fixed and the mod loaded properly, it was a pretty sweet mod, other than the inventory being screwed up. Is there a way to use the "old school" inventory display above with the Quartz skin? I couldn't get it to work right.

Also, the buff bar for Quartz left a lot to be desired for a pvp character. I loved the smooth look of the Quartz skins, they were very aesthetically pleasing -- but I need to have color-coded good/bad buffs along with the names of the buffs to be displayed. I couldn't get the mod I had used earlier to work properly with Quartz... is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Bolas
Bolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 06:31 PM   #2
arantius
A Crystal Gargoyle

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Zeros (or whatever the default text is) displaying when you put the same info two places is a known issue. Posted to be fixed next patch.

"Unknown spell" is also a client issue. I would expect it to be fixed soon.

It is technically still in beta. Even if it is already ten months late.
Old 07-30-2002, 06:33 PM   #3
Faeriemage
A Snow Griffin

Server: Zebuxoruk

There is always a way to do anything. Probably though you are going to have to do some modification of the Quartz mod. I have not looked into it yet, but I am under the impression that he changes some of the default definitions in EQUI_Animations to fit his mod. This means if you want some of the default animations back you will have to rename the items in the definitions, and even make new definitions, and then you will be able to use the other mod...maybe. If you want to work on this yourself, we are here to give suggestions. If you are looking for someone else to do it move this over to the requests thread and someone there will prolly pick it up.
Faeriemage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 07:21 PM   #4
Geddine
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Morell-Thule
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

the Quartz mod messes with the look of the graphics (eg the EQUI_Animations.xml) file. So does the buff window you are talking about.

The only way I can see to fix this is to merge the 2 versions of the EQUI_Animations files together. And I don't mean just copying and pasting one to the end of the other but actually going through disecting what changes each make and combining those changes together.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:45 PM   #5
Treelandv2.1
A Treant

And by doing that you open a gate the a new dimension through your computer screen, revealign to you VI's plot to........ TAKE OVER THE WORLD, PINKY!
Treelandv2.1 is offline   Reply With Quote