Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 03-15-2003, 06:41 PM   #1
Okosar
A Gray Wolf

Question Is this an Alpha Channel problem?

I'm just beginning to move past playing with the XML files and starting to tinker with graphics a little. When the wonderful compass I've come to rely on by Yasoldat became obsolete (as far as I can tell, many of the new LoY buttons became attached to the same graphics file), I thought I'd dust off my Photoshop 3 (yes, dusting took awhile) and my PhotoImpact 6 (not so dusty) and simply copy and paste the nice compass graphic with /loc values on top of a copy of the default file. Naive, wasn't it?

I've tried the same thing in both programs, and I even added a new alpha channel to the finished product in PS3, but I really can't get anything to work (in-game, the compass is washed out and hard to read with a variety of in game transparency values). I've read here about alpha channels, and I suspect I'm just not doing it right. Can point me in the right direction?

I'm attaching one of my attempts at working that file if that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip window_pieces04a.zip (51.3 KB, 35 views)
Okosar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 01:50 PM   #2
nodent
A Treant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Fixed it for you.

You didn't have any Alpha channels mapped out in the image.

I mapped it out and resaved it for you.

The Apha channel thing seems to give people confusion, (Confused the hell out of me when I was playing with graphics)

I will try to make tutorial about it.

Nodent
Attached Files
File Type: zip window_pieces04b.zip (45.1 KB, 16 views)
nodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 11:14 PM   #3
Okosar
A Gray Wolf

Thumbs up Thank you.

Thank you for fixing that for me! I thought I had added an alpha channel in Photoshop, but there must be more to it. I just looked over your tutorial post, too.

As a relatively fast learner who, however, has *no* experience with this kind of tweaking, I'd love to see more beginners' tutorials on different aspects of modifying the interface. Not totally dumbed down, mind you, but accessible to those who take the time to play with such things.

Many thanks!!!
Okosar is offline   Reply With Quote