User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2004, 04:25 PM   #1
Laroden
A Snow Griffin

Server: The Nameless
Default T.King Art Based EQ2ish UI - Updated

So, I have just finished the layout of UI i'm constrcuting that's based loosely off of the idea behind the default UI for EQII. I used the artwork from T.King's Celtic SE to create just about all of the graphics behind this. This isn't a functional UI yet, just some art put ontop of a screenshot.

So first: The Hotbuttons

The four buttons on the far right will be reserved for two inventory slots, and the primary and secondary weapon slots. The rest will just be normal hotbuttons. On release, i'll probably have a little patch that will move the inventory and primary/secondary slots to the other side for people that wish to have it that way.

The group window is horizontal, and runs across the bottom border of the viewport. I'm not sure where I want to put the Invite/Disband/LFG buttons yet (if at all, since i use /lfg ctrl+i and ctrl+d) for all those functions.

The compass, yay. More importantly the little gem that's there. I'm not sure what I want this to do yet, but I'm hoping I can make it customizable from user to user. I'm open to suggestions on this, so please provide them

The buffs and the short duration buffs will run across the top part of the screen, in the black area.

And finally, here is a large screenshot of what everything will look like put together:
Screenshot Link

I'm not completely sure what else i'm going to put into the top black area to fill it out, but I'm thinking that I might put player stats, and the mp3 player will definatly go in that area. I'm open to comment, critisism and suggestions on every aspect, so please provide. I want to make my first UI a success.

Last edited by Laroden : 04-13-2004 at 06:28 PM.
Laroden is offline   Reply With Quote