Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 06-10-2003, 01:58 PM   #46
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

WOoHOOo! Thank you Enok! I am currently at work checking these boards from my office. I cant wait to get home and try the new stuff out! Thanks for the casting in target! Can't wait to see it!

---Margrave
Old 06-10-2003, 02:21 PM   #47
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by dinian
Just curious Elizabeth, are you/were you a PM in Microsoft at anytime?

Something eerily familiar and I can't quite put a finger on why. I'm a dev in the big house and I guess I'm attuned to microsoft PMisms.

All I will say to that is...

Elezibeth Amnell • 29th Season
Journeyman Druidess of Tunare
Brewing Mistress • Skill 132
100% unRetired
--
Elorien Evenstar • 23rd Season
Exploring Ranger of Tunare
Simi-Retired
--
ACUI / EQ2UI Project Designer
Old 06-10-2003, 02:30 PM   #48
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

Hey wait a second... this is all based on AC from microsoft... and now this business.... and your whole answer is just a smiley! LOL Do they know you are not playing THEIR mmorpg instead of theirs?

Man this is funny.

---Margrave
Old 06-10-2003, 04:47 PM   #49
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

Ok Just tried out the new stuff. This is the best UI ever. Of course there is still the hotbutton issue but I assume you know that. I personally still do not care for the inventory window so I replaced it once again. I would love to see a classic velious layout inventory window in this themes style. And I still do not like the spell book so I swapped it out too, but that is just me. And Enok, if possible I would like the casting bar in the target window some bigger, I can barely see it in this one, and maybe a bit brighter in color if that is possible. And I would like to super-size it to go please. Oh wait... forgot where I was for a second. lol

Once again, amazing work you two, thanks!

---Margrave
Old 06-10-2003, 06:37 PM   #50
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Glad you like the UI Margrave!
Old 06-11-2003, 03:09 AM   #51
dinian
A Hill Giant

Experimented with the beta 2 using my druid twink.

My first recommendation would be to eliminate the casting gauge from the player window and move it to the target window.

I found myself very disoriented with the packaging of so much data on the upper left hand corner of the screen while keeping the party and target somewhere else (I tried to model the setup after Enok's screenshot).

I suppose this would be fine for soloing and what not, but it is extremely frustrating for a healer to move their focus all over the place since their HP, their mana, and their spell casting bar is so far from the other interesting data. I suppose one quick work around would be to have another guage above the rest of the group to represent the current player. However, I am not sure this would be the ideal solution as the player window on the upper left appears to be a design decision.

My work-around today was to simply move the group window to the upper left and move the target below it. Very strange indeed focusing on the upper left when I'm so used to focusing on the lower half of the screen for EQ data.

I'll get back to you on other stuff, unfortunately I couldn't play long today since I was dutifully working on Microsoft products late into the day *cough* *cough*

Incredible job with this Enok, and excellent design Elezibeth.

Additional note: I found this UI to be extremely playable at the 1024x768 resolution. To the same extent that I found it difficult to play at 1280x1024 and completely unplayable at 1600x1200 (too easy to get lost when the player window is so far from everything else).
Old 06-11-2003, 04:43 AM   #52
dinian
A Hill Giant

Followup:

I modified the UI in a few places.

- removed the custom hotbutton and window selector
- attempted to replace the stamina guage in the player window with the current target guage repeated (but obviously larger than the target window).

Unfortunately I seem to have run into a bug with my stamina -> target guage change. Probably due to the ordering of elements in the screen element at the end of the XML file, the 2nd digit of the "target" gauge is always fixed to zero.

My hunch is that is the mana percentage taking precedence (i.e. 0%) and hiding whatever the stamina percent label is trying to draw. Unfortunately, if this is true then any work around for this will result in the UI showing an erroneous mana percentage on caster toons.

What's your opinion Enoks?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg target_bug.jpg (70.4 KB, 258 views)
Old 06-11-2003, 04:45 AM   #53
dinian
A Hill Giant

Oh, here's the modified xml file for the above.
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_playerwindow.zip (2.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-11-2003, 04:51 AM   #54
Teannas
A Wooly Rhino

Send a message via AIM to Teannas

I don't think your ideas are bad Dinian, but I think the best part about this mod is how it looks with the hotbuttons etc.
Once u made yours the standard hotbuttons it went back to everyone elses UI

Oh well I think at least for me it rocks.
A fix on the hottbutton thing , which is annoying but I know prolly a pain in the arse to fix.
And a bar underneath the compass and HP bar that has stats for
STA, Dex, AC STr etc would rock
just a thin bar just like the compass bar with stats would rock , but i guess maybe STA and STR and AC would be awesome, let me know if you can maybe do that as a pet Bar for me Enok, instead of the existing Pet Box.

Thanks u two , looks and work great especially for this time around.

See ya soon
Old 06-11-2003, 11:44 AM   #55
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

Are we going to need an update to this UI for this patch? Like the bank slots and what not?

---Margrave
Old 06-11-2003, 11:50 AM   #56
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Margrave
Are we going to need an update to this UI for this patch? Like the bank slots and what not?

---Margrave

Nope.

Should work fine.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:52 AM   #57
Neiloch
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Tholuxe Paells

not much with xml code but i figured you could fix the hotbutton prob by changing the 2 windows a bit.

I saw that you have 1 window selector button connected to the hotbutton window. I figure you can just take one whole side of the window selector part and attacht it to a side of the hotbutton window. Instead of having the hotbutton window in the middle of a split window you could just have 2 windows side by side and it would still look the same.

Dont know if you can move the buttons around that much but i figured i might suggest it. Trying to think of a way to fix it because this UI would be perfect for me except for that problem.

"Dont screw with someone with a lot of free time"
Old 06-11-2003, 12:33 PM   #58
Brumuur
A Gray Wolf

Server: Luclin

I downloaded your beta2 and messed with it some. I saw that the spellbook was fixed and I still think that this UI is one of the best looking to date.

Previously I posted that I thought the target/casting window would look good if it were larger. I did not download the one posted as it was mentioned that it was small. I run at 1600x1200 which may prejudice me to larger guages.

All the modification requests and input regarding this UI is a testament to your craftsmanship. I may attempt to alter your target/casting gauge to look like http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=1476 and if I have any success I will post it. I have no problems swapping pieces but I rarely have success when it is necessary to edit the code. Wish me luck...

Also, I'm curious if it would be possible to get these same gauges in the group window? Just the HP and pet of course...

Last edited by Brumuur : 06-11-2003 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:04 PM   #59
Alaros
A Treant

Downloaded beta 2 day before yesterday. The chat windows are still hard to move, like Enok said. I don't suppose you could make them as easy to move as the other windows? Yeah you can resize them to move them, but then you are stretching the window all around the screen like an inchworm lol. That's my only complaint actually. It's very minor.

As a matter of fact I even switched it over to my mains UI. It's that good. I totally love it and don't see myself switching out for a long time, if ever =)

Can't wait for the final version but even at this stage, this is awesome. Thanks you two!
Old 06-11-2003, 08:22 PM   #60
Revol
A Gray Wolf

3 things...

can't move bags. i dunno if this was intentional or not, but this is a major annoyance for me.

have to echo the chat problems everyone else has been having. background is way too light to be able to read the text clearly.

would like some kind of right click / inventory-bag slot 1-8 / primary & secondary window, maybe built into the friends window or some such. i played my bard last night with the new windows, and not having right clicks / bags / weps available unless i opened up the inventory window made gameplay too difficult. i had to switch back to my old ui for that reason.

maybe you could add a bag slots / weapon slots option above the hotkeys with a separate window for right clickables.

so far tho, i'm loving it with my bst.