Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default EQ PDA Public Release

Yup here it is.

<----- Click here.

Caster Screen shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caster.jpg (128.6 KB, 1132 views)
Dreamlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:52 PM   #2
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

Mele Screen shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mele.jpg (87.0 KB, 489 views)
Old 06-03-2003, 05:18 PM   #3
Eloora
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via AIM to Eloora

I wanted to give this UI a go again but for some reason I can't get it to load with all of the windows in place, they always end up in the default positions. I'm not exactly a GUI dummy which is why I'm so frustrated at this. I put the EQPDA folder where my other UI folders are, renamed the UI_blahblah_01 with my character name and server #, and put it in the main EQ directory. When I log into EQ there my character is with his existing UI but instead of the windows being in the proper place for when i load EQPDA, they're just all in the default position.
I'm going to keep trying to get it right but in the mean time does anyone have any pointers on how to assure that the windows load where they should be? Am I just missing something?

Thanks,
Eloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 06:55 PM   #4
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

If you got the username and servernumber right then it should work assuming ive used the resolution you have at some point.

Also are you using the command /loadskin EQPDA 1 when youre in game or /loadskin EQPDA ... that 1 makes a huge difference.

Next when renaming the INI are you using the correct capital letters? This is one case where capitals count.

Ill try loading the PDA in other rezzes to see if I can duplicate your issue.

What res are you running?
Old 06-03-2003, 08:14 PM   #5
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

Matching MP3 player.

Thoughts?

Original code: Geng's Music Window version 1.0

New Code: Me... =)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pdamp.jpg (12.6 KB, 1121 views)
Old 06-04-2003, 09:18 AM   #6
Eloora
A Shissar Disciple

Is this skin made for one specific resolution, and if so what is it because it isn't mentioned anywhere. I run 1280 x 1024.
It seems like there's more to it than renaming the ini, plopping the folder in uifiles and loading it with the "1", I've done all of that with 2 different characters. Could there be something in the eqclient.ini or in some other settings that's making this not work? I am however getting the /viewport setting, that seems to be the only thing that's working atm.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:39 PM   #7
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

I tried it at your resolution and it worked fine.

It really is that simple Eloora.

Copy the files in the EQPDA folder. Choose pet window right or bottom. Choose mele or caster. Copy the INI to your EQ folder, rename it to your char name your server number, enter the game and /loadskin EQPDA 1.

Again it should work at any resolution. The only thing i can think of is up untill today I had never run the INI i sent you at your resolution so it had no settings for that resolution (aka default) which is what happened to you. The PDA doesnt have that many pieces to puzzle together. Compass, Hot Button, Group, Pet window and possibly cast spell. They are locked by the INI but are all movable and lock / unlockable.

Something else to note. Once you do /loadskin EQPDA 1 when there were no settings for your res then default would be used. Well now the INI has settings for your resolution but sadly they are default locations for all the pieces. The INI is now "corrupted" until you move the windows and relock them in place in turn updating the INI with good locations for your resolution and screen placement.

If you were to move the PDA to somewhere else on your screen like many people do you would need to unlock all the windows and move them as if they had no settings at all.

I'm sorry youre not having a good time with my PDA I thought I had made it very easy to install. I guess I have some more work to do on the install front.

Has anyone else had Eloora's issues with the PDA install?
Old 06-04-2003, 03:14 PM   #8
Eloora
A Shissar Disciple

Well i guess i'm not going nuts after all, perhaps it is the ini. And i suppose it wouldn't kill me to just move all of the pieces where i want them, i just wanted to get the best possible configuration if i could.
Sorry 'bout the trouble, ima go play with the ui now
Old 06-05-2003, 11:25 AM   #9
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

I've thought about changing the group / cast spell bar button a little. Do you guys like this better?

PS. I repaired the LFG button. It really works now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (26.0 KB, 964 views)
Old 09-14-2003, 12:37 PM   #10
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

Repair for LDoN is awaiting moderation. If you would rather not wait all you need to do is delete the EQUI_Animations.xml file from your EQPDA directory. This assumes you have no other mods mixed with the PDA. The PDA had a small charm slot mod I included cause SOE messed it up on release. Most people dont know its there and wont notice when its gone. So go ahead delete it and save yourself future headaches.
Old 09-21-2003, 01:35 AM   #11
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

I am releasing a mix and match caster full version of the EQ PDA along with 2 new EQ PDA feature's only availble with this download. Right clickables in the selector window and a high visibility cursor!

Many coders and artists are represented here. All credits are given where available and listed in the readme.txt.

This web site is a great source of information learning and inspiration. Thank you for all your help and work in maintaining it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dream_mixlowres.jpg (148.2 KB, 666 views)

Last edited by Dreamlife : 09-21-2003 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:29 PM   #12
Cijam
A Snow Griffin

Server: The Tribunal

I would love the Fkeys for the group members.. Yes I can count.. but I always worry I am doin the wrong one in a rush... <GRIN>

Otherwise I love this UI.. I applied Cairrens changes and except for hte part Sony forgot

[Thu Oct 09 13:10:28 2003] Error: Could not find child AdvLeaderboard_RiskCombobox in window AdventureLeaderboardWnd I

Its workin fine for me.

I dont know much about the pet buffs yet.. Goin to play my necro now..I assume I just wont see em. Might be nice to have an option to have em .. I dunno
Cijam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 03:36 PM   #13
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

functional patch for 10-09-03. I will work on the pet buff icons later. Wont be easy to find room on the PDA =)
Attached Files
File Type: zip eqpda100903patch.zip (6.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-09-2003, 05:59 PM   #14
Cijam
A Snow Griffin

Server: The Tribunal

Yeah when I manually fixed mine.. the buff box blocked part of the pet bar..and I am completely stupid when it comes to doing XML other than if someone like Cairenn gives me EXPLICIT instructions.. I hope yer patch might move the petbuff window a bit.

Thanx for the speedy patch.. Im gonna try what u did to pet window ot see if its any better than what mess I made of it.

Let me know if you think you will be able to put F2-F6 on the group.. just curious .
Cijam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 10:11 PM   #15
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

I could but I just dont like it. Feel free to alter it.