Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > SidlWidl & SIDL Fiddle help.
User Name
Password

Old 10-23-2004, 09:51 PM   #1
Wonderbiff
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Angry darn it all... Cut copy and paste broke

I can't seem to cut copy or paste. Anyone know how to fix this?

I can open objects and manipulate them on the screen just cant cut copy and paste...

TIA
Biff

Last edited by Wonderbiff : 10-23-2004 at 10:11 PM.
Wonderbiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:59 PM   #2
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane

Never had any luck with it either , i use sidlwidl as a placement tool only , might rework some true or false stuff in it but alwasy have to go over it an make sure it dont make it a capital T in true or capital F in false ( which screw over the codeing) .

try notepad++ thats what i use to cut an past with.

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:57 AM   #3
lcalabrese
A Hill Giant

Server: The Seventh Hammer

As far as I've seen, you can't cut, copy, paste, or use the delete key in the XML window.

As far as the post title "save broke", I've noticed that clicking save in the XML window doesn't save the file to disk, just commits it to memory (if you don't click it, changes are lost if you select a different object). You still have to save the skin from the file menu to see the changes in the xml file.

Also, if you're not editing too many files, you can always do your edits in sidlwidl and then open them up in notepad after and find&replace all "True" with "true" and "False" with "false". Or you can write a nice quick sed script to run after you do edits to update all xml files for you.
lcalabrese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 01:33 PM   #4
Teneniel
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Druzzil Ro, The Nameless
Send a message via ICQ to Teneniel Send a message via AIM to Teneniel Send a message via MSN to Teneniel Send a message via Yahoo to Teneniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcalabrese
Or you can write a nice quick sed script to run after you do edits to update all xml files for you.

Can you show me how to do this? Would make my life much simpler. I often forget to open each window i tweak after using sidlwidl to remove the caps from the true/false items
Old 03-14-2005, 08:24 AM   #5
lcalabrese
A Hill Giant

Server: The Seventh Hammer
Post A script to make your lives easier

Ok, it's a little screwy because of some restrictions on the DOS/Windows platform, but here it is. Note that you will need the GnuWin32 Sed Package (or another sed package) installed on your system and in your search path environment variable (%PATH%) in order for this to work.

Place the attached two files into your custom UI directory. Run fixall.bat to update all xml files. It changes True->true and False->false.

fixall.bat contents:
Code:
for %%a in ("*.xml") do fixone.bat %%a

fixone.bat contents:
Code:
copy %* fixit.xml /Y sed -e "s/True/true/" -e "s/False/false/" fixit.xml >%* del fixit.xml /Q

Note: If you just want to fix one xml file, you can run fixone.bat <filename>.

Technical note: This script loops for all files named *.xml in the current directory, copies each in turn to a file called "fixit.xml", and pushes that file through sed back to the original file. Then it deletes the "fixit.xml" file it created.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fix-xml.zip (319 Bytes, 3 views)
lcalabrese is offline   Reply With Quote