Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 08-02-2002, 10:01 AM   #1
WaBBiT
A Gray Wolf

Server: Tunare
Send a message via AIM to WaBBiT Send a message via Yahoo to WaBBiT
Default Bard Interface Ideas -> where do you want stuff?

I am a bard, an old bard. I love my bard...BUT...I've yet to find an interface that I like. There are so many things that are just a little different in bards that no other class really deals with on a regular basis.

Charming, instrument swapping, melee weapon swapping, casting, kiting, casting, and general trouble causing ALL IN ONE. Also I have a problem with trade skills and my setup when clicking my life away (windows moving when I miss the slot, windows moving to the top). Basically, I want to ideas of position on the screen. I am a minimalist but I also crave style. Position and click ability will be priority, then kickassness.

Submit any ideas for a bard interface, text, image, or toothpick model to [email protected]

I'm bored at work and need a project for the next month or so
Old 08-02-2002, 09:50 PM   #2
Innurok
A Treant

Server: Povar

you can right click on windows, then goto window >> lock (or just to Lock sometimes). . . that way you wont move windows accidently.

And.. i'd suggest putting all 8 spells in any order you want on one hotkey box, (that can be your twist box). Then have the last 2 spots at the bottom be primary / secondary slot. Then attach your inventory to the right or left of that. That will help with instrament twisting. Keep 4 bags on opp side of your hotkey box, then leave instraments in main inv. slots of the inventory. I'd suggest that.
So basicly, add inventory slots 1-8 to hotbox .. box. Itll be 10 boxes on the left (for hotboxes) then 8 on the right (inventory). . . hrmm that'll look bad.

Ok how bout, 8 spells, and 2 skills (sense heading, beg, pick locks, track, etc..), then inventory attached to the left or right of that, with primary/secondary, then all slots (inv 1-8). Yea.. that sounds good, once you get that done post here, i'd love to get a copy for my bard.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:08 AM   #3
tremmerre
A Fire Beetle

Send a message via AIM to tremmerre

one thing i wanna see the bard who swist 8 spells at once i usually can repositino the hotboxes easier whith what i want to do and ussually only need 6 or 7 max on the screen
and i use alt-numbers for not twisting ie mana speed
so i reccomend 1-6 be spells last 3 are skills i forage and track lots
also i have my weapons adn my intrum bad as my last 3 slots to allow quickboxes
now the only problem is this leaves no room for casting items and the body parts you sqitch them to thats why i want someone to make a ui setting to make the first and second 8 hotbuttons in one if possible that whay i can trnafer casting items on off fast specially when someone says goon coming out way in ot that alway nice to get on the maske fast
or switching to my singing from my normal armor once i hit 45 stuff like that
BTW i want a single button to switch weapons and intruments and start playing a single song
hehe that would be nice

more rant WTF is with not being able to redo charm until it wear off that is ****ing bs cant keep our charmies on
i have much more like i want a 9th spell on my spell bar other then the book damn that spellbook icon
i dont ever use that/book the alt b i think
haha i can go on and on

And whats with the not getting a new charm until 2 levels after you cant use the otehr one
you cant use the one charm past 37 but dont get a new one to 39 more bs 2 levels where we cant charm whites and blues GRRR

and why cant bards ****ing parry and riposit til 50 every half melee can do it early but bards

WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

and why cant we double attack every class that does any melee seriously gets double attack even sks and pallys even rangers bleh every melee but us
that would double the ****ign damage we do
ROARRRRRRRRR VERANT!!!!

and why do at 39 our dots only do like 30 over 3 ticks or something like that we cant even dot or nuke decent til upper 40's and 50's mid level bards get hardly no usful spells goahead find one to correct me but im pretty sure we dont til like 30-41

and why dont we get many pling spells or more raid usefull spells like the epic is ranged i think 150 not sure why cant more be like an ae regen mr beides the cantana at 50somethin
or no ae mr or fr or and resist spells

i think im almost done

ohhh yeah our hide is got to low of a cap to be truly usefull for what we need it evade bards need evade alot because songs get agro specially when were twisting 3 or 4 at a time why cant theu be nice and let us get a decent hide like 100 or higher why why whyw why why why why why why why

ok im dont <------ feels much better BTW i love bards just had to get out my rant about how verant screws us over in the class deals like now we usuless compared to c3 grr why cant we get a comparable song we used to be able to own clarity by double twisting mana song now we are no match for c3 though
i get rejected now from groups because someones alt is sitting there just c3ing alot because it has so long a lasting time couple hours so now a chanter alt can just c3 the group and camp and get back on and then they are fine for hourss so why why why then it runs off camp rec3 and back on alt

ok im getting tird i may add more llater southpark is on and i got work tomorrow so nighty night fools at verant need to have bards in mine more often

tremmerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 01:54 PM   #4
skaldine
A Fire Beetle

Question thank god

Hey I play a bard as main. And ever since i descovered the brilliance of the new UI, I have been searching the web for a skin that fits my needs and preferences. Still have only found half goods that i`ve stolen bits from. What I most want now is a hotkey window that does exactly what i want, wich is :

1) 8 hotkey slots, obviously (possibly scaled down to take less space)

2) primary, secondary, and 2 (or possibly 3) inventory slots. I instrument twist, so i want to be able to change instruments without opening invontory, right now, 5 of my hotkeys are occupied by this. Now, its important that these 5 slots are placed so its FAST and EASY to change from two weapons to one instrument. If ur a bard, u`ll know how to do this
I think placing the inventory slots below the hotkeys is the best idea, possibly like this:

| 1hb | 2hb |
| 3hb | 4hb |
| 5hb | 6hb |
| 7hb | 8hb |
| 9hb | 0hb |
=========
| prim| seco|
| in2 | in3 |
| in4 | in5 |

If u could make this, i would be happy indeed

Skaldine,
53 bard,
torvonnilous

email : [email protected]
skaldine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 04:13 PM   #5
petalpusher
A Fire Beetle

You mean like this:

You can get it here

All my other mods are here
petalpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 06:35 PM   #6
skaldine
A Fire Beetle

Default yepp

just what i was thinking... it may prove to be a bit place consuming.. maybe a shrinked verison?

seriously ho.. thanks for making it.

Skaldine,
54 bardess
skaldine is offline   Reply With Quote