Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > Caster
User Name
Password

Old 05-13-2005, 08:37 AM   #1
AD_Opheelia
A Gray Wolf

Server: Rathe
Default What is easiest/best ui for Mage?

Hi,
Thot I posted this yesterday but cant find it so will try again:

Can I get some feedbacK on what is an easily learned UI interface for a Mage that will be usable for other classes? I am new to EQ (relatively speaking, hub has played for years) and the basic ui is not very user friendly. (Too big and not enuff info on exp % and pet, etc.)
I am a little leary about messing in the SOE files, but installing maps went ok. I dont want something I have to patch every time sony does a patch, too because I am not real whiz at computer program fixes.
I am running my game on a Presario AMD athalon 64 512RAM, Win XP pro sp2, Nvidia gforce 4 graphics. I do get a lot of lag in PoK most times and some of the zones if lots of toons on. So I need somthing that wont slow me down any further.
Any ideas and guidance here would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Ophee
AD_Opheelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:55 AM   #2
Aarii
A Gray Wolf

Server: Povar
Wink

I've had great luck with Quartz, which can be located at http://www2.dragonpro.com/quartz
please note: this is being updated to accomodate the latest patches, and there is a temp fix a few pages down the thread that is located at Quartz info thread
ps - if yer curious, I'm a magician =p
Aarii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:24 PM   #3
Teneniel
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Druzzil Ro, The Nameless
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Teneniel Send a message via AIM to Teneniel Send a message via MSN to Teneniel Send a message via Yahoo to Teneniel

You can also feel freeto look at the UI's ive posted, there is a new one in the pipeline to be approved .. my main is a magician and the toon i use to stress test all my ui's with =) ok so im biased toward magicians .. =) Attaching a screeny of the newest in case your interested.

As for having a ui that doesnt need a patch every time sony patches thats totally dependent on the ui designer and what sony chooses to change. Simple rule is the larger the number of files a UI has the more likely it will need to be patched. Ive seen people tell folks to copy and paste the default ui folder in to a custom folder then change just the windows they want. This only guarantees huge headaches come patch time. You only need the windows you want modified in the folder =). All UI's by nature will need patches eventually. Anything that sony changes to a default window has to be added to the custom window even if the addition is to be hidden.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCMFD.JPG (186.0 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by Teneniel : 05-13-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Teneniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 09:46 AM   #4
AD_Opheelia
A Gray Wolf

Server: Rathe
Default Thanks!

I appreciate it will try to download and install it this afternoon. I am on rathe server if you ever want to group. Only lvl 19 rite now but have lots of guild help to get me higher so can raid and such. Hope to see ya round!
Opheelia
AD_Opheelia is offline   Reply With Quote