Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 05-24-2004, 07:47 AM   #46
Mearen
A Bat

Quote:
Originally posted by Karna
Hardest part was making six clean files to join together, that took a while.

I set 256x256 grids in Photoshop to help crop them.
Mearen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:52 AM   #47
Karlea
A Gray Wolf

I like the new login screen much better than the boring old one. It was about time they removed it.
Karlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:21 AM   #48
Nuking
A Fire Beetle

Am i the only one who reworked the code to allow me to put in a single 640x480 image without the grids?
Nuking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:53 PM   #49
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuking
Am i the only one who reworked the code to allow me to put in a single 640x480 image without the grids?

Post code used

Baron Qinadwen Loreseeker, Koada'Dal Conjurer of the 56th plane.

Thomas Jefferson:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:20 PM   #50
Kendricke
A Bat

Server: Solusek Ro

Quote:
Originally posted by zone
Post code used

Agreed. Please post the code.

Kendricke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:58 PM   #51
Remelio
Featured Designer

Server: Tarew Marr
Send a message via ICQ to Remelio Send a message via AIM to Remelio

Just remember that some video cards will stretch the image and only display the first 256x256 pixels.. thats why they're chopped up like that.. for compliance...

Granted its only older video cards but some people do still use 'em.. I had that problem when I had t.king's spellbooks only use one image.. got a few complaints about stretched wierd graphics.

Also.. why limit yourself to 640x480.. you have a whole screen to work with Just up the size of the window and it'll automatically center the window on the screen.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:44 AM   #52
Trinethy
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Luclin
Send a message via ICQ to Trinethy Send a message via Yahoo to Trinethy
Default yep>

I do, finally a quick login
Old 05-25-2004, 05:09 AM   #53
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir

Quote:
Originally posted by Remelio
Just remember that some video cards will stretch the image and only display the first 256x256 pixels.. thats why they're chopped up like that.. for compliance...

Granted its only older video cards but some people do still use 'em.. I had that problem when I had t.king's spellbooks only use one image.. got a few complaints about stretched wierd graphics.

Also.. why limit yourself to 640x480.. you have a whole screen to work with Just up the size of the window and it'll automatically center the window on the screen.

Is that something you can do m8? I have little experience in XML coding ... and it would be great to have the code and just be able to change the pic
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:36 AM   #54
Nuking
A Fire Beetle

Not sure why it works with the numbers the way they are but it does I basically spent six hours playing with the numbers till they worked hehe.

Code:
<XML ID = "EQInterfaceDefinitionLanguage"> <Schema xmlns = "EverQuestData" xmlns:dt = "EverQuestDataTypes"/> <TextureInfo item = "CMLSUI.tga"> <Size> <CX>1280</CX> <CY>768</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_background_01.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_background_02.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_background_03.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_background_04.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_background_05.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_background_06.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_WndBorder_01.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_WndBorder_02.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_WndBorder_03.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_WndBorder_04.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_WndBorder_05.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_WndBorder_06.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "wnd_bg_dark_rock.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "wnd_bg_light_rock.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "window_pieces01.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "window_pieces02.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "window_pieces03.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_window_pieces_01.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_window_pieces_02.tga"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_scrollbar_gutter.tga"> <Size> <CX>16</CX> <CY>16</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <TextureInfo item = "EQLS_BlackFill.tga"> <Size> <CX>32</CX> <CY>32</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <!-- Main Background anim --> <Ui2DAnimation item = "A_MainBG01"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>CMLSUI.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>800</CX> <CY>725</CY> </Size> <Hotspot> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Hotspot> <Duration>1000</Duration> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item = "A_MainBG02"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>CMLSUI.tgat</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>0</CX> <CY>0</CY> </Size> <Hotspot> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Hotspot> <Duration>1000</Duration> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item = "A_MainBG03"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>CMLSUIp3.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>0</CX> <CY>0</CY> </Size> <Hotspot> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Hotspot> <Duration>1000</Duration> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item = "A_MainBG04"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>CMLSUIp4.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>0</CX> <CY>0</CY> </Size> <Hotspot> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Hotspot> <Duration>1000</Duration> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item = "A_MainBG05"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>CMLSUIp5.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>0</CX> <CY>0</CY> </Size> <Hotspot> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Hotspot> <Duration>1000</Duration> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item = "A_MainBG06"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>CMLSUIp6.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>0</CX> <CY>0</CY> </Size> <Hotspot> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Hotspot> <Duration>1000</Duration> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <!-- ENd of main background -->
Nuking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 07:04 PM   #55
Tokiwa
A Bat

Server: Rodket Nife
Talking Many Thanks

Would like to express my thanks to all those that posted here... I've been able to tweek my log-in & EULA (and patcher) to show only what I want. (Patcher shows my 61 kitty beastie main, EULA shows only a BIG accept button, & log in shows a pic of 2 tigers)... I was even able to move & resize the Log-in buttong with some trail & error...

I'm not that great with the XML files, so you're post here HELPED big time

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!
Tokiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:53 PM   #56
ironsheep
A Gray Wolf

Server: Prexus
Default Re: new login interface

Quote:
Originally posted by ironsheep
hi

i havent got the new login either i have the files but it hasnt been installed is there a way to fix this?

Laneliel Wildheart 54 Season Pathfinder of the Mother of All.

p.s i have all the expansions but Leg Yek and GoD i havent reinstalled them yet..sigh hate patching...

hi guys

um i asked if anyone could help with this guess you are all too busy to help...nevermind..
Old 05-26-2004, 12:16 PM   #57
funnieface
A Bat

NOT BAD BUT SMAL AND DARK
funnieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 04:57 AM   #58
krissdevalnor
A Bat

hello all

as I'm on euro server (VS) I haven't the new login could you tell me where could I DL it ? I'm fed up with that crap old login screen !
Old 05-29-2004, 08:25 AM   #59
Cyrssi
A Hill Giant

Server: Veeshan

I haven't tackled the patcher or login screens yet, but I did essentially turn my EULA screen into a guild splash screen with a giant invisible accept button as the only clickable element on the page. Even made one for my boyfriend (who is in a different guild).
Old 05-29-2004, 11:40 AM   #60
Vitaee
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Default Re: Re: new login interface

Quote:
Originally posted by ironsheep
hi guys

um i asked if anyone could help with this guess you are all too busy to help...nevermind..

Ironsheep,

Hint #1: It's called SEARCH
Hint #2: There's one on top of this page
Hint #3: "Login Screen"
Hint #4: Attitude begets attitude
Vitaee is offline   Reply With Quote