Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 01-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
deadgnomewalkin
A Gray Wolf

Default ok lets try this here

anyone know if there would be anyway to setup the spell bar so that if someone has the inspect buff Laa that beside the spells on my spell bar it will show the count down timer? I play a necro and being able to look at one spot and seeing how long on my dots would be a big help
deadgnomewalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The countdown timers that you see in the inspect buff area (as well as the buff timers) are hardcoded and not editable.

Just curious, what if you dotted more than one critter? How would you display the countdown timer beside the spell?
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
deadgnomewalkin
A Gray Wolf

shoot. so they are hard code can can't be set to show in a different window at the same time? That what i was looking for not to move them just some how show the time in 2 spots at once. for example add some code into the spell bar that if say a dot in spell slot one is on the mob i have targeted the a copy of the countdown timer is shown beside that spell slot. As for if i had 2 mobs doted just have it show the count down timer on the mob i have targeted.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
deloehne
A Gray Wolf

Server: Povar
Default GTT might help

See if you can find a copy of GamTextTriggers. One of the features of this program, which monitors your log file, is that it can set timers and announce when they drop.

It will not solve the multiple critter's problem, but it can be set to tell you when DoTs wear off.
deloehne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
Dimencia
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloehne
See if you can find a copy of GamTextTriggers. One of the features of this program, which monitors your log file, is that it can set timers and announce when they drop.

It will not solve the multiple critter's problem, but it can be set to tell you when DoTs wear off.

Audio Triggers and custom wav's from something like at&t's text to speech demo will let you set up spoken messages so you can even have it tell you the name of the spell that just wore off of something.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
deadgnomewalkin
A Gray Wolf

i have though of these things which would help me know when they have worn off but what i am looking for is something that tell me how long i got before it has worn off. As a necro during a raid to max out my dps i need to keep my dots going and not let them wear off. that time between when i get the message saying the dot has worn off and getting that dot recasted is lost dps.

During a raid i run 11 dots and a dd i cast the dots and then go dd dot dd dot to keep the dots form wearing off and casting a dd for exta dps in between. was looking for a way to tell how long i got to recast each dot so i can get more dds in for extra dps.

I have been playing around but i am not good at doing these things. That why i ask if there was a way to not change that info, but to have it displayed in the target box as normal and have it show up some where else showing both the dot and time on it. Such as a window like our buff window showing the dot name and a timer or just add a timer to the spell bar to display the timer in the target window.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
Dimencia
Premium Member

Wont be Easy to set up at first but will work for this.....

1. Test actual duration of each dot... have same buffs that you would on a raid.
2. Subtract the amount of time needed to recast it.
3. Establish an Audio trigger using ,'s to pause or extend it so that it would announce as its going to wear of with enough warning for you to recast.

if your looking for any other way, it doesnt exist in the UI interface (at this time)
Dimencia is offline   Reply With Quote