Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 02-24-2004, 11:35 PM   #1
Wolvig
A Shissar Disciple

Lightbulb Why can't we have more Art?

Hi guys. i was looking at the Nightelf for 2004 and was wondering why we don't see more like this. Especially the leaves changing con colors. Drakah does some amazing stuff,but you guys are great dont misunderstand. But It would be nice to see more themed related stuff. Something more in line with the characters and the FEEL of the game. Something that helps you lose the mechanics and appreciate the material. I can't do anything you guys do. I wish icould.I usually mix and match your works to suit my characters and thier classes. I ma truely in awe of what you do and how you do it.

Example:
My wife runs a Shaman.
Shman epic cursor.
Bear target(Its actually a giant bear)
Wolf spell casting window.
Pet is a dreamcatcher with a wolf picture.
Spellbook is a Skin. Literally. Looks like a dried bear hide with wolves eagles and bears carved in it.
Her spellbar is the tKing bar made for the Beastmaster but it looks good for a shaman.
And the backgrouds are....<dramatic pause> wolf heads.

This gives alook and feel that allows you to better emerse yourself in your charater, go beyond simple mechanics.

Between me and my wife we have 6 accounts more characters then i wanna think about, but none have the same gui.

Sorry this ran long and im not complaining about what you guys do this stuff is incredible. Just want to see more art.

I use Soes Diablo2 for my wizard, and Cairenns UI for my cleric.These are examples of what im talking about.
Nightelf for my woodelf druid and ACUI 1 for my Warrior(Tank No need Numbers just attack).
Ok enough i could go on and on Just would like to see more art.Some of you guys are incredibley talented and Im incredibly selfish would like to see more art.

I'm gonna get hit for this aint I?
Wolvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 12:37 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Well, there is actually a lot of it here, you just have to poke around.

Have you checked out t.king's Celtic 2.0? Or the Delta3_Spaghetti_remix? How about FysteUI-1.5 or the EtasiUI's? Don't forget to take a look at Lothay's UI, based on the Katui (mockup) or the Nokui. I'm also about to release my "Ancient Celts". And who can forget the stuff released by Drakah?

While none of those are necessarily any one "class" specific, they do have lots of nice graphics. As I said, lots of art around here, just have to be willing to look through.

And no, why would anyone hit you for your post? Silly.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:44 AM   #3
teeniealta
A Fire Beetle

I love it when there is even new background skin available that I can place in a copy of the default file or another ui, such as the leaves, skulls, even the fun ones. Some have gotten lost over time like the music note one someone used in a ui once and the bloody one, but I did enjoy having some background for a fun change of scenery, and it was even better when it was in a fully functioning ui.
teeniealta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 04:23 PM   #4
Wolvig
A Shissar Disciple

Oh I haven't forgotten any of them. I actually use all that you have mentioned. As I said between me and my wife we have 6 accounts and each account has a full set of characters each with a seperate UI. I was just suggesting that it would be nice to see more of this type instead of the same old shuffling of windows. Don't misunderstand me I love these things. I dont have a single ui that has not been modified because of some of the excellent mods that have been painstakingly put together by you guys. I just think its sad that in a fantasy game there are not more Fantasy and Medieval UI's. I was suggesting more of this type.It appears to me that the Functional and the Futuristic is the most popular. Even the mix and match section is dominated by this type. Just trying to let people know that there is at least one person that would like to see people get a little imaginative and was willing to see some more flavor to the UI's. Even new backgrounds as suggested above can remake an entire UI.

And drakah is one of my most used artist, I really like his Warcraft stuff. I even tweaked my files so that his character select screen is my primary on all my stuff.

And I dont remember who did the warcraft spell gems but thanks cause thats the only ones I use now.

This is fun. Its nice to have a forum that doesn't turn into a bashing contest. (IE: any other Eq forum)

Also Cairenn I want to personally thank you for all of the hard work you do for us. With out your help I would not be able to keep all of these UI's up and operational. With 48 different running UI's there is always gonna be a lot of work for me on patch day and your devotion has made it if not simple a heck of alot easier on me.

Thank you very much.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:46 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

/blushes furiously

Have you seen the new UI I'm about to put out? I think you might like it. The basic layout is pretty similar to my existing one (I just find it so functional) but the graphics are all new.

And about this board not turning into a flamefest ... count on it.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #6
Wolvig
A Shissar Disciple

Actually im looking forward to it.