Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 08-03-2002, 02:15 PM   #1
Ortrillian
A Gray Wolf

Default For The Love Of Mike...

Someone PLEASE, I beg of you, how do I turn off tooltips? Those little blue boxes are driving me insane especially when I'm trying to do tradeskills.

Also, before the new UI if you had say 12 celestial essences and you wanted to add one more to the stack you just picked up the one you wanted to add and clicked the other stack to add it. Now, if you do that you end up picking up the entire stack that you were trying to add the one item to. Is that a bug or intentional? And most importantly, can it be fixed back to the old way in the xml files?
Ortrillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 03:07 PM   #2
nwinn
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: druzzil ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I was summoning food the other day and the same thing happened so, I bug reported it... I suppose it could be a benefit as opposed to a bug, but... it's annoying, he he
Old 08-03-2002, 03:35 PM   #3
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

Actually, you should be able to turn off tooltips in the main options menu. Just look around for it. I can't think of any reason why they'd have removed that option in the new ui, it should be there. Good luck!
Fennin Ro"The Forgotten Server"
Go Kicky Fast Okay!
Casanunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 03:44 PM   #4
Ortrillian
A Gray Wolf

Thanks but it's not there. Checked all the options stuff. Also, tried to just delete any tooltips references in xml files but that didn't work either.
Old 08-07-2002, 10:40 AM   #5
Melosa
An Icepaw Kobold

Yes, picking up that entire stack is annoying beyond belief. However, my guess is that they did that so that we'll see how "useful" the auto-equip section is. Since I'm a compulsive forager, I've already figured that handy addition out, but, like you said, when you're doing trades, you've already got everything opened, why can't ya just put it back? I don't know if it's a bug, or just one of those little oddities that we'll eventually get used to. /sigh
Melosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 12:02 PM   #6
Ortrillian
A Gray Wolf

OK, well the auto equip is what I will have to use I guess. I don't want to switch back and forth with the default skin and my tweeked one.

Now what about those Tooltips? There has to be a way to get rid of them. One of you that knows what you are doing..Please Please Please..try to figure it out. I'll give you candy.

Thanks
Old 08-07-2002, 12:04 PM   #7
Saoshen
A Snow Cougar

This may or may not work, but use old UI, turn off autohelp in options, go back to new UI.
Saoshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 12:27 PM   #8
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

the picking up the whole stack seems to be a bug, it started after the last patch.. and I hope to see it go away in the next patch..

I was doing baking the day before the last patch and it didnt do it in the new UI till after patch..

Kudane
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote