Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-09-2003, 10:51 PM   #1
Posterboy
A Fire Beetle

Server: Stromm
Default XML files not compatiable... uierrors

Hello everyone! Here's my dillema. I downloaded only 3 new UI windows..

Player Info
Group
ShortDurationBuff (songs)

I followed the instructions in the FAQ to install it, and all 3 work fine. I did not want to edit any other part of the default UI other than those 3 things.

Everytime that I start EQ and first zone in I get the "Your XML files are not compatible with current Everquest files. Certain windows may not perform correctly. Use "/loadskin default 1" to load the Everquest default skin." message.

All the windows physically work fine, I have seen no problems so far. However, my UIErrors.txt fills up with errors each time I play, and I find it tedious to go and empty if every week before it gets too big.

I read the READ ME forum, and read the uierrors.txt very large (10mb - 1gb) slowing EQ [possible solution] post. I could not follow it in relation to my specific problem though.

So here is my UIErrors.txt output right after I zone in for the first time, each time I play EQ. (attached file).

My goal is to not have Everquest write to the UIErrors.txt file, and for my setup to act like a normal skin, even though I just want 3 windows changed, and not an entire UI. If there's a way to trick everquest, or maybe I need to just add lines to some file, or edit a config or something. What ever poses as a solution I am up for.

I appreciate any help you can give me, as I am completely devoid of fixing this technicalities myself. Thank you so very much.
Attached Files
File Type: txt uierrors.txt (19.3 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Posterboy : 11-09-2003 at 10:58 PM.
Posterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:57 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

These are your actual errors:

Quote:
[Sun Nov 09 22:43:30 2003] Error: Could not find child LFGButton in window GroupWindow
[Sun Nov 09 22:43:30 2003] Error: Could not find child HPLabel1 in window GroupWindow
[Sun Nov 09 22:43:30 2003] Error: Could not find child HPPercLabel1 in window GroupWindow
[Sun Nov 09 22:43:30 2003] Error: Could not find child HPLabel2 in window GroupWindow
[Sun Nov 09 22:43:30 2003] Error: Could not find child HPPercLabel2 in window GroupWindow
[Sun Nov 09 22:43:30 2003] Error: Could not find child HPLabel3 in window GroupWindow
[Sun Nov 09 22:43:30 2003] Error: Could not find child HPPercLabel3 in window GroupWindow
[Sun Nov 09 22:43:30 2003] Error: Could not find child HPLabel4 in window GroupWindow
[Sun Nov 09 22:43:30 2003] Error: Could not find child HPPercLabel4 in window GroupWindow
[Sun Nov 09 22:43:30 2003] Error: Could not find child HPLabel5 in window GroupWindow
[Sun Nov 09 22:43:30 2003] Error: Could not find child HPPercLabel5 in window GroupWindow

All the rest of them are the normal warning messages that we expect (and want) to see in your UIError.txt log file.

For the errors listed above, you need to see if the author released an updated version of the group window. If not, you can either:
a) find a new group window you like, or
b) update it yourself using the information found here and here.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:03 AM   #3
Posterboy
A Fire Beetle

Server: Stromm

will updating the group file that has those above posted errors stop EQ from writing in the UIErrors.txt...

Are there any ways to have it not write in the UIErrors.txt at all?

If that's possible, that's ultimatly my goal. I just dont want to have to clean the file every time it gets too big from the warnings being written to it everysingle time.

thank you
Posterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:41 AM   #4
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

Server: Lanys

It doesn't add to the file every time you load a UI.. It erases it and rewrites the file everytime you load a UI.. The file shouldn't be that big.. Maybe 10-40KB.. If it ever does get really, really, big than you have some issues with your UI..

Hope that helps
-Hawkren (20 SHM)
Talyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 02:30 AM   #5
KunglaoJones
A Fire Beetle

Server: Vazaelle

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...o.php?s=&id=812

trying to use this group window but get the .xml files not compatible thing. Looked in my UIerrors file and found this line

[Tue Nov 11 00:59:03 2003] Error: Could not find child A_TargetBoxStaticAnim in window TargetWindow

I really enjoy this window as it matches the other 3 or 4 pieces I downloaded. Thanks for any help.
KunglaoJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 08:16 AM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Old 11-13-2003, 10:10 PM   #7
KunglaoJones
A Fire Beetle

the error message no longer shows, but still get "not compatible with current EQUI" or whatever. I htink the problem is in the EQUI_GroupWindow file. I keep trying to load it in, but no dice.

Any other suggestions ?
Old 11-13-2003, 10:25 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Post your new UIError.txt log file.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:25 AM   #9
KunglaoJones
A Fire Beetle

stupid ... I didn't check the UIErrorsfile.txt right after loading in EQUI_GroupWindow ... so the errors found in that .xml file weren't displayed. all fixed now =)

Thanks for all the help.