Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 01-09-2003, 05:47 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Vert 2.2 Universal Patch - Post Problems Here

If you have a problem with the patch posted in the "Patch" section please post here.

remember.. overwrite ALL files in your vert folder with those in the zip file..

hopefully no one will have any trouble... but you never know..

Please remember to post your UI_Error.txt Log (as we always ask) along with any screenshots (if a graphic bug) so that we may better trouble shoot what the problem is)

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]

Last edited by Kudane : 01-09-2003 at 06:42 PM.
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 05:56 PM   #2
draikan7
A Fire Beetle

used the file you had up...still crashing after I select a character =(
draikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 06:39 PM   #3
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by draikan7
used the file you had up...still crashing after I select a character =(

Being that neither Sokol nor I have developed our mental powers to divine the answers from nothing.. and you didnt post your UIError.txt log (as asked in the sticky topic about how to report errors) I guess your just S.O.L. untill someone else crashes and post a log.

(sorry if this seems harsh, but you didnt post ANYTHING for us to trouble shoot)
Old 01-09-2003, 07:08 PM   #4
Aethia
A Gray Wolf

Default Vert issues :(

okay - attempt #1 -- updated short term buff window Animations window manually via instructions on this board. Could not update PetInfoWindow as the section that was stated was not in my window.

Loaded EQ - failure to Load Nexium

Check EQ Error log - Errors with PetInfo, Short term buff window and Animations window (ClassAnim not found in Inventory window was one of the 'unusual' errors)

Attempt #2 - re-editted Short Term buff window and Animations window. Removed PetInfo window.

Loaded EQ - no errors, but problems loading Nexium were found - not all windows may work correctly message.

Error log indicated the following error:
UIErrorLog created at Fri Jan 10 00:58:20 2003
[Fri Jan 10 00:58:22 2003] [Line:1407 Source:UIFiles\Nexium\EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'FT_BlankPageBorder' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()
[Fri Jan 10 00:58:22 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

**note - removed all warnings about loading default skin **

Attempt #3 - replaced original copy of Nexium (good pre-patch) and loaded the Vert universal patch, overwriting all the files in the zip folder.

Reloaded EQ - Received the same error stated above.

The last patch the same thing happened to me - however I cannot remember what, if anything I did to correct it. I do know, that I have not touched the Actions window.

Also, the MP3 player starts up every single time while loading EQ -- is this a 'new feature' of EQ?

Thanks in advance for any help offered. The technical knowledge and assistance here has been outstanding.

EDITTED 1/10/2003 1030GMT

Thanks to kudane, cairenn, rainlord and everyone else for their suggestions/help.

I moved the Actions file to desktop as suggested. This along with the patched files ended up with---- NO ERRORS!!!!

Thank you all so very much -- too bad I woke up to find out that the servers are coming down.

And thanks for the tip on the MP3 player - I was beginning to think about calling in Ghostbusters! Now if only the Alt-Tab would work (have XP - it worked on Test.....)

Hugs everyone - this is considered a wrap!

Last edited by Aethia : 01-10-2003 at 05:36 AM.
Aethia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 07:23 PM   #5
Kudane
Co-Founder

Default Re: Vert issues :(

Quote:
Originally posted by Aethia
Also, the MP3 player starts up every single time while loading EQ -- is this a 'new feature' of EQ?

if you leave it playing when you log out.. it remembers that when you log in.. starts same song again.. hit stop before you camp.

working on other issue...

thank you for the info.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:26 PM   #6
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
The last patch the same thing happened to me - however I cannot remember what, if anything I did to correct it. I do know, that I have not touched the Actions window

I am working to see if this is an error from the last patch before this one.. if the action window was not effected this patch, then this error can not be directly related to this patch.. but dont hold me to that.

try this... drag the file EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml to your desktop and try to go in again
I can find no reference to this file ever being changed by SOE, and untill I can check with Sokol about what all he changed today (which was suppose to be in this file) I am wondering if this window got into the Nexium/Neptune folder by accident.

if you crash or get a different Error, put the file back in.

Last edited by Kudane : 01-09-2003 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:54 PM   #7
rainlord
A Gray Wolf

Quote:

Error log indicated the following error:
UIErrorLog created at Fri Jan 10 00:58:20 2003
[Fri Jan 10 00:58:22 2003] [Line:1407 Source:UIFiles\Nexium\EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'FT_BlankPageBorder' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()
[Fri Jan 10 00:58:22 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

That problem might actually be the EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml file. I had the same issue. I was using the custom Hot Button window that had 2 pages and was small.. and had to revert to the old one by writing over the XML with the one from the Default dir.

That might get you up and running.
rainlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 01:49 AM   #8
draikan7
A Fire Beetle

UIErrorLog created at Thu Jan 09 22:44:33 2003
[Thu Jan 09 22:44:35 2003] Error: Could not find child StandButton in window PetInfoWindow

[Thu Jan 09 22:44:36 2003] Error: Could not find child SELW_SDBuffToggleButton in window SelectorWindow

Using Crystal Meth 2.2 vert and patched it. But can't see the toggle button for the bard box on my window selector...any ideas?
draikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 01:54 AM   #9
chak
A Gray Wolf

[Fri Jan 10 00:45:51 2003] [Line:5 Source:UIFiles\caster\EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml] Schema error - Duplicate item A_SongBtnNormal
[Fri Jan 10 00:45:51 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

I downloaded the universal fix and unzipped it into the UI folder, and ran it and this is what happened. Went into the EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml file to search for a duplicate of A_SongBtnNormal but there isnt. Kinda stuck.
chak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 03:25 AM   #10
Devoboy
A Gray Wolf

great fixes, 2 problems. I cant find the buff window (short duration) on my screen to move it, (having the same problems with the music player), and I am getting an error message when I load the UI. UIErrors folder shows 2 messages I think may be causing it.

Quote:
[Fri Jan 10 17:10:01 2003] Error: Could not find child StandButton in window PetInfoWindow

Quote:
[Fri Jan 10 17:10:02 2003] Error: Could not find child SELW_SDBuffToggleButton in window SelectorWindow

There is no stand button in my pet window, the sit works fine, not sure if that's an issue.

not sure about the 2nd meaning.

also if this belongs in a different thread please say so.
Devoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 03:46 AM   #11
Kinslayer
A Fire Beetle

UIErrorLog created at Fri Jan 10 03:45:08 2003
[Fri Jan 10 03:45:12 2003] [Line:184 Source:UIFiles\Vert\EQUI_BugReportWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CheckBoxPressed' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:235 Source:UIFiles\Vert\EQUI_BugReportWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CheckBoxPressed' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:312 Source:UIFiles\Vert\EQUI_BugReportWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CheckBoxPressed' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:365 Source:UIFiles\Vert\EQUI_BugReportWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CheckBoxPressed' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:132 Source:UIFiles\Vert\EQUI_AlarmWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CheckBoxPressed' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:73 Source:UIFiles\Vert\EQUI_StoryWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CheckBoxPressed' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()
[Fri Jan 10 03:45:12 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

installed the unversal patch over it yes to overwrite all tryed to load it and theres the UIerror log
Kinslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 03:57 AM   #12
meruru
A Fire Beetle

Default Hey Chak

If you open up the selector file you'll find 4 a_SongBtn animation items. Delete those 4. They should be in your EQUI_Animations file.

Got mine working again and life is good.
meruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:21 AM   #13
brett_sc
A Bat

Downloaded Vert 2.2 Orange Crush

Extracted to a NEW directory. Extracted the 01/09/03 patch to same directory, overwriting any files.

UI wont load;

[Line:184 Source:UIFiles\Default\EQUI_BugReportWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CheckBoxPressed' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:235 Source:UIFiles\Default\EQUI_BugReportWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CheckBoxPressed' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:312 Source:UIFiles\Default\EQUI_BugReportWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CheckBoxPressed' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:365 Source:UIFiles\Default\EQUI_BugReportWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CheckBoxPressed' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:132 Source:UIFiles\Default\EQUI_AlarmWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CheckBoxPressed' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:73 Source:UIFiles\Default\EQUI_StoryWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CheckBoxPressed' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

Edit: Tried that meruru, make absolutely no difference.

Last edited by brett_sc : 01-10-2003 at 04:28 AM.
brett_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:21 AM   #14
Kinslayer
A Fire Beetle

i saw the sticky post called "a_checkbox" did what it said and got this error
UIErrorLog created at Fri Jan 10 04:20:34 2003
[Fri Jan 10 04:20:35 2003] [Line:5411 Source:UIFiles\vert\EQUI_Animations.xml] Data error - No attributes expected on an element
[Fri Jan 10 04:20:35 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
Kinslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 05:01 AM   #15
leisheng
A Bat

It works well.but I need CM sytle buff bar.
leisheng is offline   Reply With Quote