Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-16-2002, 08:01 PM   #1
Nobbin
A Gray Wolf

Default My UI, need help/advice

Well, I have recently been fooling around with various UI parts (mainly tking stuff) and have come up with the following UI:

http://community.webshots.com/photo.../57764150GFjPNp

Just wondering if I could get some help removing the title bars (i.e. "Hotkeys") from the parts and maybe put in new borders. Up till now I have just been playing around in photoshop and overwriting the pics in my custom uifiles directory.

Thanks in advance!
Drinal
Nobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 10:32 PM   #2
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

To remove a title bar:

Open the appropriate window's .xml file in word/notepad.

Scroll to the bottom of the code, to the

<screen item = {window}>

section. Then look for:

<titlebar>true</titlebar>

and change it to read:

<titlebar>false</titlebar>

TaDa! no titles!

Borders are a totally different animal. The templates for the borders are declared in the Templates.xml, and use the graphics in the Windowpieces1.tga file. I believe the default UI has 6 predefined templates: WDT_def, WDT_Def2, WDT_rounded, WDT_roundednotitle, WDT_inner, and WDT_outer.

There are essentially 2 ways to alter the borders, one is to alter the graphics that the default templates use to draw the borders. An example of this way would be the Vert and Kao UI's. They have changed the look of the 'border pieces' contained in the Windowpieces2.tga. The 2nd way to alter the borders would be to generate new Templates, which means coding new templates into the templates.xml file. I know I have downloaded some UI's that have done this, but i'm not sure which ones they were....(daelligceltic,and I'm pretty sure there are others I can't think of)
This usually means creating new graphics as well.

Sorry for the info dump

Short answer:

easiest way to make your borders look different is to change the <Drawtemplate> line in the .xml file of the window you wish to adjust. Find it at the end of the .xml file under the
<Screen item = {window}> flag.

Lunakin
lunakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 10:55 PM   #3
Nobbin
A Gray Wolf

Default Thanks

Thanks a bunch Only problem is when I do that the borders for the window look awkward... They don't cover the top part of the window. Any help for this problem would be much appreciated!
Nobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 01:11 PM   #4
Elindel
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Elindel

When removing the title you also will want to change the Border style from WDT_Rounded to WDT_RoundedNoTitle That will fix what you are talking about.

Trust me, making your own borders is a headache ;/

*wanders off to mess with his borders some more*
Elindel is offline   Reply With Quote