Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-21-2003, 01:37 PM   #1
Utherwayn
A Fire Beetle

Server: Mithniel Marr
Send a message via ICQ to Utherwayn Send a message via AIM to Utherwayn Send a message via Yahoo to Utherwayn
Default Combat Window

I consider myself to be pretty proficient at coding but this window has me very puzzled. My friend is a minimalist so I'm trying to hack out a UI for him right now our current goal is to put the combat discipline timer, label, icon and select box all in the hotbutton window. So I resized the hotbutton window to make room for the new items, i found the appropriate X,Y coordinates and I copied the code assosciated with those items to the hotbutton window xml file. I try to load it up and it doesn't work. I removed the pieces tags and the assosciated code with them from the combat abilities xml and it loaded but I cant click on the button to get it to do anything and i cant click on the icon to stop a discipline.
Utherwayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 02:07 PM   #2
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

You can't move buttons out of an existing window.
You can move/copy the gauge and labels.
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 05:06 PM   #3
Utherwayn
A Fire Beetle

Send a message via ICQ to Utherwayn Send a message via AIM to Utherwayn Send a message via Yahoo to Utherwayn

The label didnt work either though nor did the icon assosciated with it
Old 12-28-2003, 02:45 AM   #4
supafly
A Ghoul

I hacked around this file too. My goal was different than yours though.. .I just wanted a nice horizontal bar. I found that you CAN move the guage to another window (in my case, I moved it to my growing army of gauges on the PlayerWindow), but the buff icon and effect label won't work on other windows. I didn't try moving the 'S' button. Not sure if that helps you or not, though. =/
supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 04:36 AM   #5
Sarsippius
A Snow Cougar

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

bottom line - if they dont assign an EQType to an object then it can't be moved off the window it is on. There is a great list of all the assigned EQTypes in the xml help forum, though i dont know if it was updated to include the last patch.
Sarsippius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 06:39 AM   #6
Utherwayn
A Fire Beetle

Well I looked into it and theres no EQType for the things im trying to move so that has been the most helpful. Thanks alot everyone for your replies.