Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-19-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
aoenla
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Open Bag Mod - Crashing and Burning after 8/14/07 patch

Hi folks,

Is anyone else seeing this behavior? Since the 8/14/07 patch, pretty much any time I die, and try to a) open a banker while nekkid, or b) try to loot my corpse, I have been crashing to desktop. I'm reasonably certain this is being cause by my open bag mod of the Inventory window - trying to open that window when the bags aren't really in my inventory I suspect is causing the crash. That seems to be confirmed as well when I remove the open bag mod, I experience no crashes.

I had an open bag mod on my Inventory screen that I really liked. I had heard that trying to display the contents of Bag 7 would almost certainly cause problems, so I had created a mod where I have Bags 5 and 6 displayed along with the normal Inventory display items. It made swapping gear amazingly easy, and now that I can't use it, I'm really missing it.

Anyone else seeing this?
aoenla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:20 PM   #2
hazkal
A Fire Beetle

I have the exact same problem w/ one of the modifications for EgrasUI. It will crash after I die and zone to bind, or when I get a rez after I zoned (if I got lucky and didn't crash). It's pretty consistant and stops if I get rid of the "open bag" modifications to the UI.

I too love this type of mod though and it makes it extremely easy to use clickies that are stored in my bags. I'd love to hear if someone has a fix.
hazkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:33 AM   #3
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I've had that intermittently with my UI with the bags added as part of the map. As you say, having them open when you die and zone seems to be a common cause of the crash, but there also appears to be a more intermittent crash anytime you have them open when zoning.

For some reason crashes happen more often on some characters than others too, so I suspect it may even be down to the type of items / bags you have on you.

My workaround is this: http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5451

I've moved all my open inventory mods to the bandolier window. It means I can have them available at a keypress, but it's also easier to keep them closed most of the time, reducing the risk of a crash when zoning or dying. I've never had a crash while looting my corpse, and haven't crashed at all so far since using this mod.

Oh, and PS: It's designed from the start for clickies
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote