Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 03-22-2003, 08:20 PM   #1
Kilamon
A Snow Cougar

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Container blank space removal?

I'm using the attached xml file for my containers which includes the hack to make it unclickable. I've modded the original to the current state so as to reduce it's used screen real estate. The problem I'm having is that there's still some space that seems unneeded, as indicated below by the pink area:

I've done what I can to shrink this by modding the size tags, but it seems to be fixed by the UI limitations. Is that true? Am I missing something? Any help to get rid of the pink, as it were, would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_container_spacey.zip (1.3 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Kilamon : 03-22-2003 at 08:51 PM.
Kilamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 10:05 PM   #2
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Moved thread to XML Modification help.

Hope some one can help you.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 12:08 PM   #3
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Server: Saryrn

I will take a look at the file and post a fix shortly.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:39 PM   #4
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

It would appear that your first guess was correct. Sony/VI has left some extra space fixed within the container mod. It would appear that your best bet is going to be to move the slot with in the mod to be centered with in the space. Even with Sizable turned on you are able to size the window down in game but as soon as you close the bag and open it back up again it is resized back the the original size. Sorry about that.
Chronwaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 03:05 PM   #5
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

This is the container from my UI, it is clickless except at the very top, above the icon of the bag itself (which you can remove). There isn't wasted space on each side, well, not really, not like in the container you posted. See what you can do with it. Hope it's helpful.

Enok
Attached Files
File Type: zip enok_container.zip (2.8 KB, 47 views)
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 05:43 PM   #6
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Yes I would agree that your bag mod appears to have less empty space but this is because the slots have been made bigger to take up the extra space. Which was going to be my next suggestion. Your slots will be a little bigger but you will not have the empty space. I am not sure why Sony/VI does most of what they do and this appears to be another one of those things.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:02 PM   #7
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Bigger slots? they're 40x40, that's the standard item slot size.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:54 AM   #8
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

I agree Haliken, I looked at the mod you have there and I see how the person that created it got around the problem. The borders have been turned off so that the extra space can not be seen and the person went and create a background image for the window that appears to be like the original window. A pretty good idea I have to say. But this must have taken some time to code up from the looks of it.

But you are right on the screen this one does appear to take up less space than the original container window.

Sorry Haliken, Didn't look at the code close enough the first time. Just looked at the pics and they looked bigger.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:52 PM   #9
Kilamon
A Snow Cougar

I removed the borders and tried tto shrink down the overall space that's being taken up as I am trying to create a container mod that will work as requested by a group of tradeskillers on my server. They, after seeing me publish a pet iwindow and update the compass mod in one day, have turned to me with the following requests:

-The bag must not be movable by accidentally moving one item to the next.
-The bag must have a title to show the bagname.
-The bag must have done and combine buttons.

I accomplished all of these in my latest attempt of the above bag, and I've attached it here, however I still have the problem I've detailed above with the extra space.

In order to remove a bug found by creating one large nullbutton, I've pieced several null buttons together. Previous testing with one null button found that if you misclicked, the nullbutton would come to the fore and you'd be unable to click on any of the slots to drop items in, the done button would be obscured, etcetera. This bug forced closure of the bag and reopening it in order to continue. With world containers, this could be Very Bad as the items in the Loom could be retrieved by someone clicking it immediately after you closed.

All the other requirements were met as well using standard tags. I had to remove the border as well since the border is draggable to reposition the window and as the request was to only have the top title bar be draggable, it's gone.

As before, this bag mod isn't pretty. If it's necessary to align the various slots up to create the illusion that less space is being taken up, that's one thing, but if there's any way whatsoever to clean up the forced extra space, it would be preferable. It seems to occur no matter what I do on any width/height.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bagmod.zip (1.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 03-24-2003, 01:08 PM   #10
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Actually Chronwaas, I took a bag mod with no borders, ADDED the borders and background (so that work was me) and added the null button behind the container icon so you can only move the bag by clicking on the container name. Kilamon, check out the bag mod I attached a couple posts ago, it LOOKS good and try to move it, you'll find it works just like what those people want.

Enok

P.S. - The original bag mod had a normal background and still didn't have the extra space, apparently they did something you guys don't? Anyways, I added 8 pixels to the width, and put in pseudo borders and background. I wanted the bag to LOOK like it had borders, but have them be unclickable. I'll see if I can find the original unmodded by me bag.

Edit - Checked for the old bag mod, it was from sept. of last year or older, but I don't seem to have the original file anywhere, which surprises me, I found copies of all my other old stuff. Anyways, the point is it was super old and was what you are trying to make now, my version of it just looks a little nicer since it has borders but is still unclickable.

Last edited by Haliken : 03-24-2003 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:56 PM   #11
Kilamon
A Snow Cougar

Haliken, love it. Almost perfect.... needs the icon removed to be precisely perfect. Can you do that? My math sucks and I got some funky stretched containerslots when I tried to alter the file.

Old 03-25-2003, 12:25 AM   #12
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Wow, that's freakish looking. =)

Anyway, yeah, while I'm on EQ tonight I'll mess around with it. Have something for you probably by tomorrow (tuesday) morning.

Enok
Old 03-25-2003, 05:53 PM   #13
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Sorry, got a little distracted, try modding it yourself again and see if you can get it to work, it may be a day or two before I can get on EQ.

Sorry,
Enok
Old 03-25-2003, 06:01 PM   #14
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Hey Kilamon, If you want you can attach the mod you have and I will work out the freaky slots and realign everything back up again.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:51 PM   #15
Kilamon
A Snow Cougar

I just used Haliken's post with his attachment, the enok container zip file. I changed the size to 0,0 on the icon for the bag but the rest of the pieces that make up the container xml are using some advanced spatial math or something that uses offsets and such. The left side slots are all standard set up, but all the right side stuff uses these offsets that then are referenced by the borders and they use their own offsets and then there's the null button that sits underneath it all and if you leave any open space that would let you click the null button, it'll come to the fore and you wind up having to close the window to fix it... it's all very complex.

If you want to try it, stay far away from my nightmare of a file with it's bad editing. Use the original.