Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-28-2007, 08:19 AM   #1
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu
Default pre-set INI files

so i was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this . . .

if you only have 1 UI setup per resolution, you don't need multiple INI files to set them up for people in your downloads. for example -
my boyfriend uses DeltaX. there isn't an INI for the resolution he runs in (1600x1200), so we had to set it up ourselves (not a huge problem). We started with the 1280x1024 INI file though, hoping that it would place them anyway and we'd just have to adjust. That didn't work, but when he goes to windowed mode, his resolution IS 1280X1024 (yes, smaller than his desktop - so he can see stuff and the entire EQ window). the result is that when he goes to windowed mode, the UI is set up the way that the INI that came with the UI set it, even though we modified the 1600x1200.
I don't know how many resolutions you can stack in an INI - it might only store 2, like for fullscreen and windowed. still, this would cut down on the number of INIs that are needed.

was just curious if anyone else noticed it.
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:38 AM   #2
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I know at least some people know of it since I've seen limits of that file discussed in another thread.

It appears that EQ had (has?) a limit on the maximum size of that file - people couldn't save as many setups as they wanted in the file.

Myx
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote