Password

Old 10-17-2002, 03:11 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Solutions Coming Slowly

A few notes on the broken mods.

there are 4 sticky topics in the Help ! ? ! ? Forum HERE most of the common problems have solutions there.. but let me mention a few things you want to do or not do.

1. Do not copy the entire default folder into a new one to start your custom UI. VI fixed this months ago. If you have only one XML file in your custom UI folder, EQ will pull all the others from the default folder. And if you have a bunch of extra files it gets harder to trouble shoot whats wrong. So please only put modified files in your Custom UI folder

2. Several post suggest "remarking out" (aka disabling them in the EQUI.xml file) the two new windows that were added. While this will make your UI work, this could start a bad trend of just "disabling" new windows and I would highly suggest you use this as a temporary and last option fix if you find no other answers. And if you do use it, you will want to do a "proper" fix soon. It will be even harder to trouble shoot the next "break" if your using a patch from this one.

3. Not to be mean, BUT Please do not email me send a PM or ask me to chat with you on AIM to tell you how to fix your UI. I don't know any more about what is broke than you do at this point. Read the 4 stickied topics in the help forum and you will know what I know. with 31,000 members there is no way I could help everyone that has emailed, PM or AIMed me and still be able to keep my job.

Rumor is that the new "loadskin" windows was not working correctly yesterday MerlinEQ has consolidated most of what is known into one post. HERE Also Carienn has some good info in several of the post.

Good Luck, I will keep my ear to the ground and tell you if I hear any more.

- Kudane
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote