Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 02-11-2005, 08:14 PM   #1
Adir
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare
Default Vert Short Duration Box update?

I've noticed that this is one of the windows that was recently changed, and am curious if an official update to it is in the works? I tried doing so myself, and while I think I got the .xml file code right, I have no idea how to modify the windows piece file.

Thanks!

It is better to extinguish one candle than to curse the light.
Adir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #2
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You may want to check the patch section, I didn't hear of any updates to the short duration buff window.. you may have an older version.

check the downloaded version, and the patch. if neither have a new version please post your file as an attachement and we will see what needs to be fixed.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:55 PM   #3
Nanan
A Snow Cougar

Server: saryrn

The SDBW was altered to 12 total slots.

Code:
<Button item = "SDBW_Buff6_Button"> <ScreenID>Buff6</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font> Default --> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>3</X> <Y>95</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>44</CX> <CY>44</CY> </Size> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <TooltipReference/> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <!--<RadioGroup/> Default --> <ButtonDrawTemplate> <Normal>BlueIconBackground</Normal> <NormalDecal>BuffIcons</NormalDecal> </ButtonDrawTemplate> <!-- <SoundPressed/> <SoundUp/> <SoundFlyby/> --> <DecalOffset> <X>2</X> <Y>2</Y> </DecalOffset> <DecalSize> <CX>40</CX> <CY>40</CY> </DecalSize> </Button> <Button item = "SDBW_Buff7_Button"> <ScreenID>Buff7</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font> Use defaults --> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>48</X> <Y>95</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>44</CX> <CY>44</CY> </Size> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!--<TooltipReference/> Use defaults --> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <!--<RadioGroup/> Use Defaults --> <ButtonDrawTemplate> <Normal>RedIconBackground</Normal> <NormalDecal>BuffIcons</NormalDecal> </ButtonDrawTemplate> <!-- Use defaults <SoundPressed/> <SoundUp/> <SoundFlyby/> --> <DecalOffset> <X>2</X> <Y>2</Y> </DecalOffset> <DecalSize> <CX>40</CX> <CY>40</CY> </DecalSize> </Button> <Button item = "SDBW_Buff8_Button"> <ScreenID>Buff8</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font>Defaults--> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>93</X> <Y>95</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>44</CX> <CY>44</CY> </Size> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!--<TooltipReference/> Use default --> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <!--<RadioGroup/>Use default--> <ButtonDrawTemplate> <Normal>RedIconBackground</Normal> <NormalDecal>BuffIcons</NormalDecal> </ButtonDrawTemplate> <!-- <SoundPressed/> <SoundUp/> <SoundFlyby/> --> <DecalOffset> <X>2</X> <Y>2</Y> </DecalOffset> <DecalSize> <CX>40</CX> <CY>40</CY> </DecalSize> </Button> <Button item = "SDBW_Buff9_Button"> <ScreenID>Buff9</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font>Use Defaults --> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>3</X> <Y>141</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>44</CX> <CY>44</CY> </Size> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!--<TooltipReference/> Use Defaults --> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <!--<RadioGroup/> --> <ButtonDrawTemplate> <Normal>BlueIconBackground</Normal> <NormalDecal>BuffIcons</NormalDecal> </ButtonDrawTemplate> <DecalOffset> <X>2</X> <Y>2</Y> </DecalOffset> <DecalSize> <CX>40</CX> <CY>40</CY> </DecalSize> </Button> <Button item = "SDBW_Buff10_Button"> <ScreenID>Buff10</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font> --> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>48</X> <Y>141</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>44</CX> <CY>44</CY> </Size> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!--<TooltipReference/>--> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <!--<RadioGroup/>--> <ButtonDrawTemplate> <Normal>RedIconBackground</Normal> <NormalDecal>BuffIcons</NormalDecal> </ButtonDrawTemplate> <DecalOffset> <X>2</X> <Y>2</Y> </DecalOffset> <DecalSize> <CX>40</CX> <CY>40</CY> </DecalSize> </Button> <Button item = "SDBW_Buff11_Button"> <ScreenID>Buff11</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font>--> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>93</X> <Y>141</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>44</CX> <CY>44</CY> </Size> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!--<TooltipReference/>--> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <!--<RadioGroup/>--> <ButtonDrawTemplate> <Normal>RedIconBackground</Normal> <NormalDecal>BuffIcons</NormalDecal> </ButtonDrawTemplate> <DecalOffset> <X>2</X> <Y>2</Y> </DecalOffset> <DecalSize> <CX>40</CX> <CY>40</CY> </DecalSize> </Button>
Old 02-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #4
Adir
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare

FYI, I use the most recent version of Vert, along with a couple of the official Vert mods, including the right-aligned buff window.

As requested, I've attached my modified version of EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow. I've tested it, in-game, and it didn't seem to generate any error messages. This doesn't mean, of course, that I tweaked everything that needed to be tweaked! I wasn't sure about size settings, so I left those alone.

Something else I wasn't sure about. On line 638, shouldn't that be <Y>51</Y> rather than 50? That particular field appears to increase in increments of 23 for each instance, except in that particular one. Perhaps it doesn't matter, but I thought I'd ask to be sure.

One other thing, the right-aligned buff box calls file VertWindowPieces01.tga, whereas the standard file set calls window_pieces08.tga. It's interesting to note that the former provides grey window pieces. Is it possible to get versions of this file to match the different color options?

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml (21.8 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by Adir : 02-12-2005 at 12:17 AM.
Adir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:32 PM   #5
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanan
The SDBW was altered to 12 total slots.

Is this a DoN update to 12 slots or did i miss a patch message?
Old 02-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #6
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudane

Nope, this was changed last patch a couple weeks ago now when they changed the epic effects, etc. A new short duration xml file was downloaded in the patch. Although I don't know how to fix my custom one now to show the new slots, and apparently Sony hasn't made new eqtype numbers for the additional slots. There was no patch message for it that I saw but the change did occur. I get error messages now with my custom window.

Last edited by Darkmatil : 02-12-2005 at 07:22 PM.
Darkmatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 07:57 AM   #7
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudane

No and No

As previously stated, this was changed on the 26th of Jan with no mention of it in the patch message (or subsequent patch messages.)

Discussion of the change in this thread and at EQLive Tech Board.
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:05 PM   #8
Etoile
A Ghoul

Without an update to the type numers, my Short Duration Buff Box and now regular Buff Box are sunk. The patch fixes given by Dolby [thank you :-)] updates the "Button Item", for example, <Button item = "SDBW_Buff11_Button">, but does not give any information on how to also add "Label Item"s like <Label item ="SDBW_Buff5">. Label Items require knowing the EQ Type information and I have not seen information posted for that since September.

Anyone have the type numbers for the additional slots for either or both buff boxes?

Etoile
Old 02-16-2005, 03:08 PM   #9
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

Please link through to both of the threads I linked in my previous message for discussion of EQTypes for the SDBuff window. In short, they are not available yet.
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 03:34 PM   #10
Kudane
Co-Founder

Sokol are working on an update for this, we are hoping to have it pushed out by tomorrow.

Please forgive the delay in getting this to you. It wille be done very soon.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:13 PM   #11
Baaklar
A Ghoul

Kudane -

Has anyone discovered the EQTypes for the new buff slots in the ShortDurationBuffWindow?
Baaklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 10:34 AM   #12
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Default EQ Types

From the Sony forums from an EQ programmer:

Quote:
Sorry for the delay.

The 5 new buff slots are 520 - 524.

The short duration buff slots are 600 - 611. The 80 - 85 are still there, but we have made it easier to add more in the future by just defining a start and end. I recommend using the new numbers.

Hope this helps.

That what you need?
Darkmatil is offline   Reply With Quote