Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-14-2002, 07:34 PM   #1
Trewayn
A Ghoul

Default 08/15 patch destroys framerates?

Has anyone else found that today's patch has led to some severe decreases in framerates with modified UIs? I have a fairly heavily modified UI and during large fights the frame rate drops to one frame every one or two seconds which, unsurprisingly enough, isn't really acceptable.

Anyone else having similar experiences? And have you found any ways of increasing efficiency?
Trewayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 07:37 PM   #2
Sabani-Brell
A Hill Giant

I dont get Framerate problems at any specific times, i can be on a full blown raid and not have any troubles or i can be walking through EFP at 4 am and only one in zone and it goes to 2-3FPS, it scares me honestly and lately ive reverted to the old UI unless i go to bazaar, it seems purely random in my case, just sudden spurts of framerate problems
Sabani-Brell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 09:18 PM   #3
Trewayn
A Ghoul

Actually, I think I have found the problem. It's soemthing to do with Gendine's buff box. For some reason it is a) not displaying the background buff info (red or blue etc) and b) lags the living hell out of me when it tries to display more than 5 buffs at a time.

May have to remove the damned thing.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:11 PM   #4
Apollyon
A Gray Wolf

Server: Veeshan
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I've been having this problem as well. I don't use Geddine's buff box, but one similar to it which has a smaller footprint. It also uses a red/blue color scheme for harmful/beneficial buffs.

I've looked through the buff file but can't seem to find any reference to anything that changed today. Will be interesting to find out if someone more expecienced at coding the UI finds any peculiarities.

Apollyon Sun
Warder, Cestus Dei
Veeshan

---Late addition edit---

I ended up making my edits to new EQUI.xml file and using that and it worked. Not sure what was added, but something was causing the lag. Before my changes, doing /default was like turning off the lag switch. It was that noticeable in places.

Last edited by Apollyon : 08-15-2002 at 01:17 AM.
Apollyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 01:30 AM   #5
Trewayn
A Ghoul

What edits did you make?
Old 08-15-2002, 09:43 AM   #6
Apollyon
A Gray Wolf

Server: Veeshan

I only make 3 edits to EQUI.xml. Two of the edits are commenting out the breath and casting guages (because they appear in my player info window bars instead), and the third edit is an include to EQUI_MyAnimations.xml. The MyAnimations is a custom file where I do all my animations mods, so I can use the default Animations file every time its patched, and not have to mess with changing it.

Apollyon Sun
Warder, Cestus Dei
Veeshan
Apollyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 01:54 PM   #7
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

I had the same problem. It didn't start immediately, I played awhile and then the frame rate just suddently crashed to near zero. Turning off the compass (alt-D) fixed the problem immediately.

I suspect the problem was that I didn't correctly add the changes from this patch to my EQUI_Animations file. There's a TextureInfoItem for window_pieces04 and two Ui2DAnimation items: A_CompassStrip and A_CompassOverlay.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 02:08 PM   #8
Drakah
Skinning Guru

OMG Apollyon, you just gave me a brilliant idea..

<scrambles threw his notes>
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote