User Name
Password

Old 08-17-2002, 12:36 AM   #1
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Tellgar's Modded Icey Blue UI

Support and development discontinued by myself (Tellgar).

By request, I'm posting my modded version of Leo's Icey Blue interface. Credits go to Leo for making a great skin, T.King for the excellent spell icons and gems, and the wealth of information here at EQGUI.
Get it HERE!

What's changed:
1) All new (much crisper) gauges!
2) All new spell casting bar! (cleaner, more concise)
3) Various improvements for future patch compatibility.
4) Bard Icon is now present in the Selector Window
5) New LoY 'Charm Slot' Icon
6) The UI should be able to maintain function through most patches (xml out of date message instead of crashes) for continued use until a patch is available.

Phew, been keeping me busy lately! Enjoy!
Comments and feedback are welcome.

1) Incorporated Target Name/HP into the player window.
2) Incorporated Cast Time gauge into the player window.
Note: Classic Target Bar is still available via Alt+T
3) Streamlined Hotbutton/Inventory window.
Note: The blank space in bottom corner is intentional, for future use.
4) Spell Casting Bar was made vertical again.
5) Music Player Window made a horizontal 'thin' bar.
6) Included a default UI_Character_SrvNum.ini file for 'As Pictured' function.
  • News for December 11, 2002:
Uploaded melee/hybrid and intelligence based caster player information windows. They will be available as soon as they are approved. You can find them Here
  • News for December 12, 2002:
Patch didn't affect anything new, however, if you are getting the 'Your XML files are not compatible' message when zoning just delete the EQUI_BugReportWnd.XML file from your directory. It will then use the up to date version from the default folder. This file was unchanged, but was accidentally included in the zip file.
  • News for January 10, 2002:
Patch for new UI changes (bard box, etc) is attached below. No other changes aside from updating it to be current with latest patch.
  • News for January 28, 2002:
Patch for the changes today (tint window, etc), and fixed a small glitch with the song selection icon on the Selector Window not showing up. Bard song icon modified to match the style of the rest of the layout. The actual bard song window is as yet unmodified pending decisions on what to do with it.

Last edited by Tellgar : 11-22-2003 at 09:11 AM.
Tellgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 12:37 AM   #2
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

your graphic has a broken link.

Magelo
Guild Website
xlorepdarkhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 12:40 AM   #3
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Was a typo, saw that and fixed it while you were posting.
Old 08-24-2002, 08:07 AM   #4
Rae13
A Fire Beetle

i been stealing pieces of mods from everyone's great work.

already had the blue theme from Icey Blue but wanted the compass that you have here.

when i put the .tga files and equicompass.xml file in, i just get totally blued out compass where i can't see anything in that window hehe.

anyone know how to fix this?
Rae13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 05:37 PM   #5
marcin
A Snow Griffin

Server: Bertoxxulous

marcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 07:54 AM   #6
fahan
A Fire Beetle

Default Thanks, and a request

Great mod, thanks to Tellgar and Leo. If thee was one last request I had, it would be for a small open inventory box, with maybe 12 slots, that I could use to customize my clickables, rather than open the inventory window. I play on a Zek, so clickables tend to be essential. ;=)

I have no idea if this is doable, but it would bring everything needed for game play to the 'working' view, hopefully without cluttering the screen. The ideal implementation would allow drag and drop of the item slots, I guess.

Thanks again.

Fahan
fahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 04:56 PM   #7
Damlo
A Ghoul

Question Change player window?

I love your UI and downloaded if fine. One thing I would like to change though is 'WIS' in the player info window. If I have a melee, i would like STR, if I have an int caster, I would like INT. How can I modify this?
Damlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 07:18 PM   #8
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Fahan, I'm not exactly sure what you are requesting. My modded gui, as it is, adds access to main inventory and weapons on the hotkey window. That's to allow for easy swapping of clickables gear.

In order to use clickables, they must either be equipped or in a main inventory slot - they can not be used from bags, so I don't see anyway this can be improved?

Perhaps I am not grasping what you meant correctly?

----

As for the compass modification, the graphic for the compass was added into window_pieces04.tga by default - but Leo had already used that tga file for parts of his custom buttons. Therefore I changed the texture reference to a different tga file.

To use the compass, you must use the files listed in the download information text file that was attached. That's why this was posted seperate from Leo's main thread - its a divergent modification. (ie: not compatible with Leo's original skin)

Yes, I realize that this could complicate matters on further updates from Verant. Right now everyone is just tinkering with stuff until it gets settled - everyone is learning which files to pop custom code into, etc... if there are changes I will update asap.
I'm pretty much forced to, if I want to continue to use my UI. hehe

---

About int/str displays - I will do some editing and post patch files here for melee or int casting classes as soon as I can.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:04 PM   #9
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Ok, for you INT casters that want to use this interface, here's a patch file to display INT stat on main player window.

Note: This IS compatible with both my mod and the original Icey Blue UI by Leo.

Unzip and replace the EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml file in your UI directory with this one.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:06 PM   #10
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

And here's one for melee types that would like to display STR stat in the main player window.

Note: This patch file is compatible with both my mod and the original Icey Blue UI by Leo.

Unzip and replace the EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml file in your UI directory with this one.
Old 09-13-2002, 11:10 AM   #11
Clothos
A Ghoul

Default player window

i am using a version of this mod and i have changed/added some different things from other folks that i liked, what im wondering is if anyone could take the xp/aaxp off the player window and leave the rest the way it is. I added a new hotkey box and it has my xp/aaxp on it so now i have it in 2 places and i think the easiest would be to take it off of the player window but i have no clue how to do that. if anyoen could do this it would be awesome or if someone could tell what to change in the xml would be awesome too. thanks a bunch
Clothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 11:27 AM   #12
Athion
A Bat

Ok, maybe its just me... feel free to yell at me if it is

I can move the Target box, but not resize it, and I can resize the effects box, but not move it... is that intentional, not intentional, or am I just "Click Challenged"?

Old 09-14-2002, 05:58 PM   #13
SanchalitoDB
A Fire Beetle

Server: Brell
Send a message via ICQ to SanchalitoDB Send a message via AIM to SanchalitoDB
Default ATK instead of STR...

I would prefer to have ATK in the place of STR or WIS... can you throw one together or let me know how to do it? Thanks
SanchalitoDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 03:15 PM   #14
Kahncerf
A Fire Beetle

Smile Icey Blue Stamina

Love your UI, Tellgar. The only thing that I have noticed is that the main player's window is missing the stamina bar. Was that intentional?

Kahncerf
Kahncerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 03:58 PM   #15
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Stamina bar was left out. I don't need to see it, on caster it doesn't matter to me - and my melee has more than 100 stamina so it also isn't a factor. I am looking into making a primary display somewhat suited to monks... showing either ATK + Weight, or STR + Weight. Will post here when I decide what to do with it.