Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 08-05-2003, 03:07 PM   #46
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Thanks for the info Arista. I had no clue about the max duration on the timers...guess that's why you have the timer web site and I don't Anyway, another way to do this would be to just go to the web site and make up a timer that you need using the friends window then just remove the timers from the target window. This would probably work best but won't look right. I will see if I can modify my code for my next version so that the timers are in the friends window and they should look the same as they do now. I'll see what I can do and thanks again Arista.

forry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:30 PM   #47
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Default Forry version 3.0

Well here it is....Forry UI version 3.0!

I have updated the download section to this new version. I've attempted to intigrate all the requests that have been received into the UI.

Picture and Download

What's Included:

- Most of the normal windows are still there

- Compass has been changed so that the letters are stationary and the arrow moves across them (Standard compass has been included as an option)

- Alternate bank window (Both bank windows have the shared plat slot which should be working when it goes live - currently works on test - this will NOT cause the skin to error in the live servers)

- All buff window options are still available

- New player window options which included AC, Attack, and HP below the gauges (per request)

- The graphics have been darkened (I liked this much better...hope you do too!!)

I will attach an image with the different options that are available. This image has already been attached to the first post.

I did find out that the timers in my previous versions would not work correctly for any time over 20 minutes. I have included a graphics file and instructions on how to make your own timers at Arista's Website . I would suggest using the friends window for these timers.

** NOTE: I will be unable to support this UI anymore because I have left EQ!! I will still check the boards and try to help out, but I'm unable to test any code I write!! Sorry!! Ellyana has asked me to make my MP3 player available for other interfaces...If someone could make this happen for her it would be really nice. **

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg options.jpg (116.7 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by forry : 08-11-2003 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:08 AM   #48
Brimztone
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Povar
Default RE:Forry UI

sorry to see you go

A Nasty Elemental with a Gnome Pet
Gnomadic Arch Magus
Officer of Dark Legion
The Green Midget of Povar
Brimzkinz Custom UI Forum

Last edited by Brimztone : 08-12-2003 at 05:49 AM.
Brimztone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 12:34 AM   #49
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

this is an awesome UI and Great Additions!! Sorry to see you go, but best wishes in whatever you go on to!
Old 08-18-2003, 05:07 PM   #50
woonieq
A Gray Wolf

Server: Zeb

Sorry to see you go Forry!

I love this UI! You have really done a great job with it.

I hope you the best in all your future ventures!

Woonie
woonieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:48 PM   #51
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

So does my UI still work after the patch? Hopefully I got everything covered before I left EQ
Old 10-09-2003, 05:46 PM   #52
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Default Forry Version 3.1 (LDoN and 10/9 patch)

If you couldn't tell, I have gotten back into EQ! (just couldn't stay away!!!) So I figured I would continue to upgrade my UI. I have just uploaded Version 3.1 which fixes all issues for LDoN and the 10/9/03 patch.

I have tested and all windows should be working correctly. Please make sure to delete your old Forry folder before installing the new version. I have removed the Bazaar and Raid windows so that they are now being pulled from the default folder. If you just copy over your current folder, these two windows will not be correct.

The Pet Buff window has been set so that it will NOT show. I just couldn't come up with a way to make it work very well, but will be trying to change it for the future.

If you have any problems or ideas for the UI, just post in this thread.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:29 PM   #53
woonieq
A Gray Wolf

Server: Zeb

Forry..

I am so glad to see you back!

I have a question though...I was having issues with the compass not showing the direction to the adventure dungeon...Has that been fixed?

Thank you for your hard work on the UI. It's a great product!

Woonie
woonieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 08:03 PM   #54
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Forry Version 3.2

I have uploaded a new version and it is currently in moderation.

- Added one option: Larger Target window

- Added the ability to change back to the default options

- Backgrounds for bags and inventory window have been updated

- Target window con should work and target ring con included (my own version, not default)

Woonie - I hate to say this, but I'm not sure if the compass works. I have never been on an adventure yet, but I have had people tell me that it works fine.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:07 AM   #55
morganpdx
A Gray Wolf

Default Yay!!!

I for one am real glad that you're back! Never posted on this site before but I"ve downloaded your UI and LOVE it. I came back because I was trying to modify the pet info window to show the pet buff icons....to no avail. I get some fairly strange results as well, perhaps they'll clue you in to some issues?

All I did in essence was copy the pet buff window info from the originial EQ xml PetTargetInfo.xml file into your version, and tweak it around a bit. Seemed to be working, however when I cast 1 spell on my pet, I get no buff. When I cast a second, it appears (with both spell icons). It was covering up my pet health %, so I tried moving the pet buff window around a bit (being mindful of the total size of the window) and now it won't show up at all.

And let me say that I'm really glad to see you back...Lookin forward to your new version! Maybe you'll have more success than I :P
morganpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 07:14 PM   #56
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Glad you like the UI morganpdx. I'm also glad you brought up the pet buff thing...because its working on one of the options, but I forgot to fix the default pet window Silly Me!!!

If you choose to have your target window display your pet health, the pet buff icons (about the first 7) will show up just to the left of the pet command buttons.

However....I got so wrapped up in working with target cons, I forgot to transfer this change into the default pet window. I will get this working and post here with the change. Sorry about that!
Old 11-07-2003, 07:52 PM   #57
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Default Pet Buffs

I have fixed up the default pet window to now display the pet buffs. It should show the first 7 buffs just to the left of the buttons. I have also updated the forry32.zip file that is located in the download section of this site.

For anyone that has download version 3.2 prior to 8:00pm EST on 11/7/03 and would like to have the pet buffs display, this link will download a zip with the fixed up files. Just unzip the files (an one folder) into your main forry folder.

I have only tested down to the 4th buff, so if there are any problems, just post here to let me know!

Side note...I have noticed that if you buff your pet (and see the icons) then do a /loadskin command, when the screen unfreezes, all your pet buffs are gone. They are actually still on the pet, but the icons disappear. If you just cast another buff on the pet, all icons should then reappear.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:11 AM   #58
morganpdx
A Gray Wolf

The bet buff window looks awesome!! great work, much better than I could ever do :-)

Two unrelated things I noticed:

I'm still having trouble with the target rings...I loaded the new ui onto a char, logged completely out of eq and back, no ring. doublechecked that rings were active. logged completely out of eq again, copied the targetindicator.ini and .tga files into the custom ui directory where I keep your ui files, and repeated the above, to no avail.

I also noticed what seems to be a doubling over of text on the pet buff 'stand' window button. Might be me just seeing things tho.

all in all however I love this ui and recommend it to all my friends and cohorts!

-morgan
Old 11-09-2003, 05:30 AM   #59
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Well morganpdx...you picked out 2 problems that probably aren't my fault (that doesn't happen much!!! )

3D Target Ring - this could be an issue with your graphics card. Check out the Help Forums on this site, because there are a lot of people that are having the same problems. You might be able to find a fix for the problem, or you might find out that you will never be able to see the ring. Sony is aware that there is a problem and they are working on it. So check out the Help Forums!

Pet Sit/Stand - You're not the only one that noticed this...it does it on mine also and a different interface that a friend of mine uses, so its not an interface error that I can see. I've been told (havent' really looked myself), but once you cast a pet, this issue will be resolved until you camp out and come back into the game. I have no clue what is making this happen...I assume it is because I'm using the transparent buttons when you don't have a pet. Sorry...hope you can live with this problem.

Once again...glad you enjoy the UI and keep the problems coming in...I'm sure there are more of them somewhere!!

PS. I know that the Done button on the bags is off center, but I've tried to correct this in the past with no luck. Oh well.
Old 11-09-2003, 04:57 PM   #60
morganpdx
A Gray Wolf

Yep I can live with the sit/stand thing. Especially if it's not your fault! :-)

As for the 3d rings, it's funny that it's not working on mine because my girlfriend plays as well and has the same video card (Radeon 9500) and hers show up cool. Which is why I want mine to show up, I'm jealous LOL