Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 11-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #136
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The one you want?? have you changed windows out? if you could send me your file i could see what the problem is
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #137
Grai
A Fire Beetle

From downloading the updated Quartz Redux Leather-Caster, the issues I'm running into are mainly with the buff windows. For me I like the vertical buff windows, however the buff windows in the "Quartz Buffs" mod cause the UI to not load at all.

I could get by with the "Vertical Buffs" mod, however those windows aren't movable for me.

The only other issue I have... I swear I used to have a horizontal spell gems bar.
Grai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #138
slashtail
A Fire Beetle

I did not change any windows out at all from the downloadable file. I am making due with the Evolution version of Quartz Redux for now. I'll try changing the buff windows to see if that's what's bugging me.

I used a vanilla download of the Quartz Redux Leather Melee though and that would not load
slashtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #139
Halelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grai
From downloading the updated Quartz Redux Leather-Caster, the issues I'm running into are mainly with the buff windows. For me I like the vertical buff windows, however the buff windows in the "Quartz Buffs" mod cause the UI to not load at all.

I could get by with the "Vertical Buffs" mod, however those windows aren't movable for me.

The only other issue I have... I swear I used to have a horizontal spell gems bar.

the spellbar in Quartz redux Leather has never been Horizontal... if you havd Horizontal you are using Redux Evolution
Old 11-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #140
Halelen

ok not sure why you guys are having problems...just dowmloaded and tried all of the qrl and re ui's and all loaded and all had horizontal buff windows
Old 11-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #141
Jthiessens
A Gray Wolf

I am having problems with my chat windows, the problem is that there is no space at the bottom of my chat windows for what i am typing to go. What happens is once the box is filled up that text goes over the top of what i am typing.Tried just swapping out chat windows from Evolution or even SoD and causes me to crash back to default. Any ideas of what i could do to fix this?
Jthiessens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #142
Rreckr
A Ghoul

Jthiessens you need to make a chat window and set it to always chat here option. resize this window under your chat window

Last edited by Rreckr : 11-14-2009 at 02:01 AM.
Rreckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:42 AM   #143
Jthiessens
A Gray Wolf

would rather not make another chat window, why will it not just let me swap one out, never had any problems doing this in the past when i had this problem?
Jthiessens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #144
Halelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jthiessens
would rather not make another chat window, why will it not just let me swap one out, never had any problems doing this in the past when i had this problem?

If you dont like the current chat setup and want to change to something else you simply open the new chatwindow xml and change all .tga references to .dds and will work fine.as for RE and QRL they have both used this system since their creation..its a to save space and as reckr said i just create another small window and place under one window and set it to always chat here. so it appears the bottom window is a normal chat window but is actually 2 of these special windows.

Hal
Old 11-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #145
gakristi
A Gray Wolf

Default Buff and SD Buff Windows

Hey Hal. I use your redux caster UI and have for some time now. The only things I've changed are replacing your spell bar with one that is larger and shows spelll # and spell name and replacing the buff and SD buff bars because the font on them is so tiny, it's hard for me to read. I then just move windows around to suit my needs.

Usually, I have no problem swapping these elements out, but this time, every time I try to replace the buff and sd buff bars, it won't load and pops to default. Besides the EQUI files for both windows, what else needs to be changed.. or barring that, can I change the font size on your windows? Again, it's not that I don't like the windows, it's just difficult to read the name of the buff / debuff / dot. I really prefer the horizontal bars (too many UI's these days use vertical ones /sigh).

Your thoughts?

Thanks
gakristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #146
Halelen

if there is any .tga reference in the xml you have to change it to .dds for it to work...if you just want to change the font ..open the sd buff or buff xml and scroll down and under the label items you will see the Font<0>Font for each one ..change to 1 2 3 etc. to suit your needs

Hal

if that doesnt help you post the files you are trying to add and ill see what they need to work with the ui
Old 11-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #147
gakristi
A Gray Wolf

Ok, was able to change the font size up from 0 to 1 and I can read it fine. However, how do I adjust the positioning of the text for the buff? With the larger size, it drops down to the next row just a tad. There is a little room at the top of the label, so I just want to reposition it a little bit.

Thanks for your patience.
gakristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #148
Halelen

If you open the buff xml and scroll down to labels you will find offsets listed you will need to play with the y offset to get it where you want.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:49 AM   #149
damij
A Hill Giant

How much work would it be to extend the buff window down to add more target-buff slots?

This is my layout: http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2456/66023219.png
damij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:46 AM   #150
Halelen

it should have automatically done that..when the current got full it should have became scrollable.