Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-17-2005, 11:13 PM   #1
taiisien
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Sounds easy enough but...

So in my newest update i realized i wanted to try something new and it is causing me all kinds of trouble. I will cut to the chase and get strait to the question though.

If you create a window that has an area that sticks out from the main portion of the window the size of the window must be wide enough to incorporate this area. Since all windows are rectangular and not odd shaped this creates a transparent area with nothing in it but it is still part of the window. Is there a way to put another window in this area and have it "always on top"?? The green area's in this photo represent the "transparent" area's in game that i want to be able to place other windows on top of.

I have been playing around with the order suggested in this thread but thus far no luck, perhaps i am just not understanding it or doing it wrong. Will Keep plugin at it though.

This is the code from my equi.xml file. From what i can tell the "CastSpellWindow" file is in the list before the "HotButton" file so the cast spell should be on top but when i click one of my hotkeys then i can no longer cast. This is true even after i have zoned.

Code:
<?xml version = "1.0"?> <!-- Monolithic Parameter File --> <!-- The composite section must come first and be followed by the schema --> <!-- defines for gauges set the EQType tag in Gauge definitions to one of these numbers --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_HP 1 --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_MANA 2 --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_STAMINA 3 --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_EXP 4 --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_ALTEXP 5 --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_TARGET 6 --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_CASTING 7 --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_BREATH 8 --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_MEMORIZE 9 --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_SCRIBE 10 --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_HP_PARTY1 11 --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_HP_PARTY2 12 --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_HP_PARTY3 13 --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_HP_PARTY4 14 --> <!-- GAUGETYPE_HP_PARTY5 15 --> <XML ID = "EQInterfaceDefinitionLanguage"> <Composite> <Include>SIDL.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_Animations.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_Templates.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_CharacterCreate.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_BuffWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_ChatWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_ConfirmationDialog.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_CharacterSelect.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_FacePick.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_GroupWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_BreathWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_NoteWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_BookWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_CastingWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TargetWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_AAWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_Inventory.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_CursorAttachment.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_SpellBookWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_FriendsWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_PetInfoWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TrainWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_BankWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_Container.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_QuantityWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_LootWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_SkillsWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_SkillsSelectWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TradeWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_MerchantWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_BazaarWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_GiveWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TrackingWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_InspectWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_SocialEditWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_BugReportWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_BazaarSearchWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_ColorPickerWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_VideoModesWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TextEntryWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_CompassWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_GemsGameWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_PlayerNotesWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_LoadskinWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_AlarmWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_RaidWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_RaidOptionsWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_MusicPlayerWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_FileSelectionWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_JournalNPCWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_JournalCatWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_StoryWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_BodyTintWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_GroupSearchWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_MapViewWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_MapToolbarWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_EditLabelWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_GuildManagementWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TipWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_SystemInfoWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_AdventureRequestWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_AdventureStatsWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_AdventureLeaderboardWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_FindLocationWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_CombatAbilityWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_CombatSkillsSelectWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TradeskillWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_DynamicZoneWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TextMessageWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TributeBenefitWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TributeMasterWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_LeadershipWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TargetOfTargetWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_GmAttentionTextWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_LargeDialogWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TicketWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TicketCommentWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_GuildTributeMasterWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TaskWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TaskSelectWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_AdvancedDisplayOptionsWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TitleWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_VoiceMacroWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_PvPLeaderBoardWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_PvPStatsWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_PointMerchantWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_BarterWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_BarterMerchantWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_BarterSearchWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_MailWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_MailCompositionWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_MailAddressBookWindow.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_ServerListWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_BandolierWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_PotionBeltWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_LFGuildWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_GuildBankWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_TaskTemplateSelectWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_RespawnWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_AltStorageWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_ItemExpTransferWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_ProgressionSelectionWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_MIZoneSelectWnd.xml</Include> <Include>EQUI_EQMainWnd.xml</Include> </Composite> <Schema xmlns = "EverQuestData" xmlns:dt = "EverQuestDataTypes"/> </XML>

Again any help anyone can provide would be most appriciated.

Taii

Last edited by taiisien : 09-17-2005 at 11:38 PM.
taiisien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:19 AM   #2
Desideratus
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Venril Sathir
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Because a window takes "focus" when you click on it, it moves to the front. Then you can't get at the bits that are now underneath ...

While it is possible to set a window to allow "clickthrough", this applies to the whole window so that the window on top would be perpetually unclickable ...

Why don't you move the start of that gauge a little to the right, visually, so that it doesn't start till a pixel or two after the clickies? Then cutoff your hotbar 1 window at the right edge of the clickies: add the gauge, graphics, and stats to the green window area "above the line". That gives you three non-overlapping rectangular areas ...
Desideratus is offline   Reply With Quote