User Name
Password

Old 10-31-2008, 05:26 AM   #1
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Feedback & ideas wanted

Hey folks,

I'm looking for feedback on this UI before I start developing it. Since I only play one class (Bard), what I'm after is input from other classes as to how well this would suit your play style.

The basic idea is to make my UI more modular, allowing people to pick and choose the pieces they want to use. The idea will be to provide standard layouts for Casters, Hybrids & Melee classes, but everybody will be free to tweak the layout to suit their needs.

This UI is a big change from the default, with one of the main changes being that the player window is almost redundant. Gauges are all located according to their context, ie:
  • All health gauges are kept together in the group window.
  • The mana gauge is attached to the spell bar. Melee players don't need it, so they don't see it.
  • The endurance gauge is attached to the combat abilities window. Again, casters don't need this, so it doesn't appear for them.
What I will also do is ensure that every piece is usable as a stand alone mod, with standardised sizing so they can be easily stacked together. I've set 25 pixels as the height for one line, and initially all the standard components will be 1, 2 or 3 lines high. I've also decided on 425 pixels for the width of the pieces, which means that three will fit side by side on a windowed EQ screen at 1280x1024 resolution.

Right, enough talk, time for some pictures:Myx
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote