User Name
Password

Old 09-21-2022, 02:10 AM   #1
BalforH
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Patch 9/21/22

Howdy All

Well after reading test patchnotes and comparing test default to live default I found these changes. Now I only compared the files I have custom

EQUI.xml Delete the Line (required_
<Include>EQUI_GmAttentionTextWnd.xml</Include>

EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml (not required)
<Label item="PW_AggroNameSecondaryLabel"> Add the Lines
<LeftAnchorOffset>20</LeftAnchorOffset>
<RightAnchorOffset>20</RightAnchorOffset>

EQUI_TargetWindow.xml (not required)
<Label item="Target_AggroNameSecondaryLabel"> Add the Lines
<LeftAnchorOffset>20</LeftAnchorOffset>
<RightAnchorOffset>20</RightAnchorOffset>

EQUI_Inventory.xml they added a combobox to the inventory window to select 85 or 100 heroic characters.
<Combobox item="IW_HeroicUpgradeSelection">
<ScreenID>IW_HeroicUpgradeSelection</ScreenID>
<DrawTemplate>WDT_Inner</DrawTemplate>
<AutoStretchList>true</AutoStretchList>
<TooltipReference>Select which level of Heroic Character to use.</TooltipReference>
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>170</X>
<Y>423</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>142</CX>
<CY>20</CY>
</Size>
<ListHeight>40</ListHeight>
<Button>BDT_Combo</Button>
<Style_Border>true</Style_Border>
</Combobox>
You will also need to add
<Pieces>IW_HeroicUpgradeSelection</Pieces>

Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg equi.JPG (42.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg PW.JPG (45.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg TW.JPG (44.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IV.JPG (73.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IV1.JPG (24.7 KB, 4 views)
BalforH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 09:37 AM   #2
mh272
A Shissar Disciple

Also, if you use a custom extended target window, they put in a con color highlighted "box", and it's tied to certain elements in the extended target window.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ussions.285439/

Post 18 by Meeko.
mh272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 04:17 PM   #3
BalforH
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh272
Also, if you use a custom extended target window, they put in a con color highlighted "box", and it's tied to certain elements in the extended target window.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ussions.285439/

Post 18 by Meeko.

Yes the highlight box seems to be tied to the <Button item="ETW_Role0">(this is incorrect). Some custom Extended Target Windows have the "Role" box on the right side vs the left.. these custom windows will not display the highlight box. Another more skilled at xml might be able to fix it. I saw nothing in the ETW change so it may be coded in on of the .DDS files (or not) that were also updated in the patch.. but that is way above my skill level.. I know there are programs that make doing updates easier but I use a notepad and calculator to make updates

Last edited by BalforH : 09-22-2022 at 02:55 AM.
Old 09-21-2022, 11:27 PM   #4
Hendrack
A Fire Beetle

All I did to get mine working for now was delete the Extended target window. that is what was causing the crash. I changed nothing else. I don't know if I have files I deleted previously that load from Default, but that did fix my problem.
Hendrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 12:05 AM   #5
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalforH
Yes the highlight box seems to be tied to the <Button item="ETW_Role0">. Some custom Extended Target Windows have the "Role" box on the right side vs the left.. these custom windows will not display the highlight box. Another more skilled at xml might be able to fix it. I saw nothing in the ETW change so it may be coded in on of the .DDS files that were also updated in the patch.. but that is way above my skill level.. I know there are programs that make doing updates easier but I use a notepad and calculator to make updates

Couple corrections... The highlight box is tied to two elements (neither of which are the ETW_Role buttons).

The bottom and left lines of the highlight are tied to the bottom-left edge of the ETW_AggroPct (aggro percentage) element. The top and right lines are tied to the top-right edge of the ETW_Gauge (HP Gauge) element.

None of the art files were adjusted (dds, tga, etc) for this particular change.

This change, according to a private conversation I had with Meeko, was based on the code for the hard-coded 'highlight' in the find item window. A bizarre choice in my opinion, but it is what it is...

Hopefully knowing what the lines are tied to helps you get your window fixed. Unfortunately, they removed a lot of creativity for extended target window layouts with this change by forcing people to have the aggro percentage on the left side.
Emilari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 12:56 AM   #6
koibitosuzi
A Bat

Default can't change custom UI after this patch

can't change any custom UI after this patch if i load ui skin button always default up with no error massage.
anyone know how to fix this problem?
koibitosuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 02:51 AM   #7
BalforH
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilari
Couple corrections... The highlight box is tied to two elements (neither of which are the ETW_Role buttons).

The bottom and left lines of the highlight are tied to the bottom-left edge of the ETW_AggroPct (aggro percentage) element. The top and right lines are tied to the top-right edge of the ETW_Gauge (HP Gauge) element.

None of the art files were adjusted (dds, tga, etc) for this particular change.

Thanks for the update and correction..All I knew is no changes were actually made to the "Default" ETW. If as you say the Highlights are tied to the % and to the gauge I am curious as why the Highlights do not appear correctly when the "Role" is on the right vs the left.. For example https://www.eqinterface.com/downloa...nfo.php?id=6920 (see pic). I do enjoy tinkering with my UI, however I have no formal or informal training in xml so much of it for me is guessing..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg danille.JPG (17.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-22-2022, 10:05 AM   #8
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

It is showing up in that screenshot... kind of. See the vertical green line to the left of your role icon? That's the left line (and likely also the right line overlapped) of the 'box.' The other lines will likely remain hidden until the aggro percentage is placed on the bottom-left side instead of the top-right side.

I haven't had a chance to look at your code yet, but if your HP gauge is higher than 0 <CY>, (-1 or -2), it'll be cut off, and you'll need to move it down a couple of pixels.

The 'bottom' line is likely going underneath your role icon based on the image(in the middle) and simply can't be seen elsewhere since it's on the right side instead of the left.

Last edited by Emilari : 09-22-2022 at 10:12 AM.
Emilari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:56 AM   #9
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous

This hack of an implementation for that indicator looks for the ScreenID: ETW_AggroPctN. However the value for a label showing the aggro percent comes from an EQType.

In the screenshot I moved the ScreenID to the layout box I use for the gauges:
Code:
<TileLayoutBox item="ETW_Gauge0InnerLayout"> <ScreenID>ETW_AggroPct0</ScreenID>

But the label itself uses the EQType:
Code:
<Label item="ETW_AggroPct0"> <EQType>314</EQType>

Note the box around the aggro percent label, that's a draw template to demonstrate what it's location and size is set to.
Attached Images
File Type: gif etw-dumb-hack.gif (11.3 KB, 11 views)

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote