Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 08-26-2022, 06:22 PM   #31
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

That's how we all start out with this. Making little changes to a UI we like, then bigger changes and before you know it you have made your own UI or a derivative that people enjoy using. It's a big part of why I try to keep modding my UI in head while working on it and leave in a lot of helper things I don't even use anymore.

Just submitted the update, should be up once it gets through the approval process.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 02:37 AM   #32
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Both my mind and body are a confused wreck right now thanks to quitting smoking but somehow pulled this off and not liking it. I think the problem is that combat abilities unlike spells don't have a spell gem to display. While they obviously have gems associated with them, evident by the fact a gem is displayed when a disc is active, it's only shown for the currently active ability. There's also no tinting applied by the game to represent what type an ability is. No EQType for labels, so can't do the text outlines to make it pop like the spell names.

Think I'm going to try some other ideas for that window.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rhand-ca-wnd.jpg (26.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-29-2022, 10:44 PM   #33
Draca
A Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillingworth
Both my mind and body are a confused wreck right now thanks to quitting smoking but somehow pulled this off and not liking it. I think the problem is that combat abilities unlike spells don't have a spell gem to display. While they obviously have gems associated with them, evident by the fact a gem is displayed when a disc is active, it's only shown for the currently active ability. There's also no tinting applied by the game to represent what type an ability is. No EQType for labels, so can't do the text outlines to make it pop like the spell names.

Think I'm going to try some other ideas for that window.

That looks pretty good , id love to see the buff window like that!
Draca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 02:21 PM   #34
Draca
A Treant

Is it possible to increase the Clickable area on the Group, Payer and target windows, to select targets?
As is the space that selects is kinda small.
Old 08-30-2022, 05:18 PM   #35
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draca
Is it possible to increase the Clickable area on the Group, Payer and target windows, to select targets?
As is the space that selects is kinda small.

Yes and no. That's one thing I'm tuning as I figure out how to get the positioning I wanted for the text. The click area for selecting a player or target is their HP gauge, specifically the rectangle defined in the XML for the gauge. Same idea follows into labels, the entire rectangle defined in the XML is what obstructs the click area of the gauge. Shrinking sizes of those rectangles is tricky to get right, too much cuts off text, and auto resize options often includes a lot of extra fluff space. So it's hand tuning to get it right little by little.
Old 08-31-2022, 01:46 AM   #36
Draca
A Treant

Is it possible to put the space between the right side resists and their amounts like, 321OFF, the other side is STR 228 , missing space or number crunch?

Also thanks for the info about the target selects areas.
Old 08-31-2022, 05:57 AM   #37
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Yes. You will need VSCode installed, it's a really good editor for almost any code files. Open the vscode-workspace file in VSCode and it should ask if you would like to install the C# extensions, click 'yes'. If you previously clicked 'no' yo can open the extension manager and search for the C# extension from Microsoft.

In VSCode go into D3PDA/generator/templates/StatTemplateR.xml . In that file
Status_MITLabelDisplay sets the location for all of the labels down the right side. Status_MITNumber sets the location for all the numeric vales. Adjust the location of those then hit F5 (build). It'll pop up the Debug Console, do it's thing and then stop with 'generator.dll' has exited with code 0. Flip back over to the Terminal tab and press Enter to close the process.

If you don't want to do it that way. Each stat has it's own file in the status_window subfolder. Those are the files the generator is producing.
Old 09-02-2022, 05:30 PM   #38
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Pretty sure I have the task overlay problems all solved. Not entirely sure how it's problems stopped happening or what I changed that fixed it though. Just noticed after enough tinkering on it the problem was gone. Irritates me that I don't know why the problem was occurring in the first place or what fixed it.

Leaving the combat ability window in for now until I figure out what exactly I want to do with it. It's not terrible it's just not good to me.
Old 09-04-2022, 05:05 PM   #39
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

This is the bandolier window I decided upon. It's vertically resizeable, which makes the list in the center taller or shorter. The button that says "Hot" is actually suppose to say "Hot Key", just didn't notice until now that I forgot to hit save on that change before rendering a SS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bandolier.jpg (13.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-05-2022, 05:13 AM   #40
Draca
A Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillingworth
This is the bandolier window I decided upon. It's vertically resizeable, which makes the list in the center taller or shorter. The button that says "Hot" is actually suppose to say "Hot Key", just didn't notice until now that I forgot to hit save on that change before rendering a SS.

Looks good!
Old 09-10-2022, 06:00 PM   #41
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Played around with this window to see if I could reign in it's absurd sizing. Whoever wrote the Overseer crap should never be allowed to touch EQUI again. That XML reads like a moron wrote it and acts like the moron also touched the game-code itself to get around not knowing what the hell they are doing. Really hope whoever did that is either no longer working there or got some much needed instruction from their peers.
Attached Images
File Type: gif overseer-prev.gif (200.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-14-2022, 01:07 AM   #42
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

While I certainly agree with you that whoever wrote the Overseer window needs more education, and I've been enjoying reading about your progress and even learning a few tricks from your thread here and your UI code... it appears they haven't learned.

The test patch changes for the extended target window are even more frightful because they didn't even make elements in the xml for us to move or resize, and playing around with it to try to figure out how it's measuring the new 'target con ring' thing is proving very tedious and unsuccessful... at least for me.
Emilari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 01:24 PM   #43
Angahran
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilari
The test patch changes for the extended target window are even more frightful because they didn't even make elements in the xml for us to move or resize, and playing around with it to try to figure out how it's measuring the new 'target con ring' thing is proving very tedious and unsuccessful... at least for me.

I did a file compare of the live vs the test extended target window and it said they are identical Did I miss something or are all these changes somehow buried behind the scenes ?
Old 09-14-2022, 02:06 PM   #44
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angahran
I did a file compare of the live vs the test extended target window and it said they are identical Did I miss something or are all these changes somehow buried behind the scenes ?

They didn't add any new code elements to support the new functionality (- Your current target should now be highlighted with an outline of their consider color in the Extended Target Window. is the pertinent line in the patch notes). They should have.

You can't move or re-size any of the pre-existing elements in the window or the new feature goes absolutely bonkers with graphical issues like:

Moving or re-sizing various elements gets you different graphical issues for every single kind of change one could make.

You can't even do a simple change like removing the titlebar without causing issues. See the white line in the below screenshot? Again, it's supposed to be a nice square outline, and yet it's not even in the window with the titlebar removed, and the window shrunk.

They either released an unfinished product or one designed for the upcoming new UI engine that we could be seeing in a matter of months or years. It's incredibly disheartening to see this happen. It's the first time I recall seeing anything like this.

These new extended target outlines are quite literally the only piece of the UI that doesn't have client-side elements. They're completely ignoring the requirements of SIDL - which they developed.

I hope the UI community can get some answers on whether this sort of thing is intended and will continue going forward, or is just a major oops and will be fixed. If they push it live, it'll be a large headache for all of us authors.

Edit: Apparently it is intentional. I'm glad clarification was given, though it's still somewhat unfortunate. Many of the layouts people used to use may have to be adjusted, but at least we know what's going on.

According to Meeko, for the highlight, the bottom and left lines are determined by the left and bottom edge of the ETW_AggroPct element, and the top and right lines are determined by the top and right edge of the ETW_Gauge (the HP gauge).

Last edited by Emilari : 09-14-2022 at 04:27 PM.
Emilari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 02:27 PM   #45
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Oof. That's very alarming.

Haven't been working on the UI due to the keyboard problems. Accidentally used the wrong lubricant after cleaning out the mineral oil I used temporarily and it's been a week long adventure in cleaning that mistake up. This cheap wireless keyboard I'm using in the meantime works well enough for basic use but it really sucks for gaming or any real typing. Specifically I accidentally used a strong dielectric grease that was sold in the same container as the actual lubricant I intended to use, dielectric means it resist electrical current so every contact that got any of that on it, registers as key pressed all the time (Cherry MX switches use inverse logic).

Last edited by shillingworth : 09-16-2022 at 02:33 PM.