Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 08-18-2002, 07:00 PM   #1
Raldor
A Gray Wolf

Question Disable fill tint?

I'm working on a custom experience gauge and I've pretty much got it working except for one thing. Since I'm using custom pictures for the bubbles and blue lines, I don't want EQ adding it's own tint to them. Can anyone tell me how to disable this?

I tried just deleting the lines out of my EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml, but that made them appear as solid black bars. I don't know if it defaulted to 0,0,0 or what. Right now I have it set to 255,255,255 and it's not all that noticable, but I'd like it to be perfect. Thanks for any input.
Raldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 02:16 AM   #2
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

Color for the files can't be changed in the tga files.

Reason for this is cause of the requirements to fill the bars. Each bar is the exact same bar, with a different color fill.

The only way around this is to make a custom generic bar that works with the fill colors, and use the fill colors to colorize your bar.

There's been really interseting renditions of this I've seen around. You can do anything with it.
You just need to work with the limitations, not fight with it.
http://www.chronology-guild.org/
guice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 08:42 AM   #3
Raldor
A Gray Wolf

Cool oh well

Thanks for the reply guice. So you can't disable the fill tint command? Oh well that's too bad but at least setting the tint to 255,255,255 worked almost as well as having none at all.

Your gauges don't all have to use the same bar though. You probably already knew that but were just referring to if you use the default a_gauge items, but I attached a shot of my player window I use for testing just to show there can be different ones.

The hp gauge is the EQ default gauge. The stamina gauge is the first one I made just to see if I could actually make something work in the UI. The huge one is the exp gauge I made yesterday. I'm already thinking about making a larger panel that houses all the gauges with different style bars for each one but it will take me a long time because I'm not an artist and even simple stuff takes me forever.
Raldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 05:10 AM   #4
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

hehe, nice tests there. Nice to play around with it to see your full limitations.

Quote:
Your gauges don't all have to use the same bar though.

Exactly; don't have to use all the same.
It was just an example on how VI uses it's fill.
Puts into play that all are the same bar to be filled.

There's a mod that psycogears made that's located in the Beta forum. It does something a bit different; It uses the fill option, but places it on the "outside" of the bars themselves.

Take a gander. It's quite interesting: http://forums.eqinterface.com/showt...s=&threadid=832
guice is offline   Reply With Quote