Password

Old 10-04-2002, 06:17 AM   #61
Tils
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Arista
(3) a "compact" version for those using low resolutions

It seems the larger part of the timers isnt the timer itself its the buttons and the name/time labels.

Maybe you could reduce the size of the buttons?

You could even do an option to drop the name/time totaly. In theory most people should know what each timer is for anyway because they created the timers themselves.

The only other option is to have a longer timer than 2hrs as some buffs last longer than this 2hr limit with AA skills and definatly will for PoP.

Thanks!

Tils
Old 10-05-2002, 07:50 PM   #62
laeelin
A Fire Beetle

Default not resetting...

When I try to use the timerUI I'm running into the problem that the timer isnt resetting when it reaches the sliders for some reason.

From what I understand the timer should reset when it reaches one of the sliders... is that correct?

the timer windows look very nice, it's jsut soooo frusterateing that it's ALMOST working =)

thanks for any help

Laeelin
Old 10-05-2002, 07:58 PM   #63
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Re: not resetting...

Quote:
Originally posted by laeelin
When I try to use the timerUI I'm running into the problem that the timer isnt resetting when it reaches the sliders for some reason.

From what I understand the timer should reset when it reaches one of the sliders... is that correct?

Actually, the timer works in a different way. The bar fills up all the way, and then starts over when it reaches the very end. It takes exactly one full duration of the timer (whatever you specified when you generated the XML) to fill up the whole bar.

The slider is there so you can mark the location of wherever the bar is when the event started. Then, you know it will take exactly the duration of the timer for the bar to reach the slider position again.

For example, let's say that you want to time mend, which is available every 6 minutes. You would create a 6-minute timer using the XML generator. Whenever you use mend, you move the slider so that it points to where the bar is currently. The bar will keep filling up as usual, and start over when it reaches the end. It will reach the slider's position again when exactly 6 minutes have elapsed.

The timer had to be designed this way due to the limitations of UI mods (can't reset animations without reloading the UI, can't add any sort of scripting or functionality).

Hope this helps. For more information please visit the Timer FAQ.

Old 10-05-2002, 10:59 PM   #64
laeelin
A Fire Beetle

Default thanks

thats exactly what i wanted to know =) ...

/grin

happy hunting
Old 10-06-2002, 06:58 PM   #65
Leefy G
A Fire Beetle

Server: Cazic Thule
Send a message via AIM to Leefy G

I downloaded this to Everquest > uifiles > timer

The files included in the timer folder are
Help_Timer.tga
instructions.html
xml.asp

I'm using windows ME and selected the timers to be under the help menu.

When I type /load timer 1 in game, it freezes for a few seconds, and then erases all of my text, and nothing else.

I'm using the default UI and am not sure why this isn't working.
Old 10-06-2002, 07:20 PM   #66
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Leefy G
I downloaded this to Everquest > uifiles > timer

The files included in the timer folder are
Help_Timer.tga
instructions.html
xml.asp

The generated XML file needs to be saved using the correct file name (the name is specified near the top of the XML file).

In your case, since you are using the help window, you should rename xml.asp to EQUI_HelpWnd.xml - this will allow the timer XML to load.
Old 10-06-2002, 11:06 PM   #67
Leefy G
A Fire Beetle

Server: Cazic Thule
Send a message via AIM to Leefy G

Hey, thanks a lot, that did it.

And I love it
Old 10-08-2002, 05:38 PM   #68
gladlyn
A Ghoul

Default Same problem

Hi,
I am having the same problem loading the timer files.

I did name them correctly and at first I could not even view the text in a browser window without an error line one, space 25 (it was the blank space after the first line).

I ended up deleting all the header info and using the header info from the real pet window file and ie would read the XML file after that. But still the timer skin would not load. I have no idea what to try next.

The file seems like it should load.

Thanks,
Gladlyn
Old 10-08-2002, 06:25 PM   #69
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Re: Same problem

Quote:
Originally posted by gladlyn
I did name them correctly and at first I could not even view the text in a browser window without an error line one, space 25 (it was the blank space after the first line).

Sounds like you're having the same problem that Chronwaas described. Try the workaround he mentioned in this thread:
Quote:
Originally posted by Chronwaas
Believe it or not the problem is a result of your editor. For some reason (and no I have not figure out any pattern yet) sometimes when an editor saves the text file it saves it with an invalid character at the end of the first line. What I have found to work is to go to the beginning of the second line and back space to the end of the first line and then add the enter again and save it again and everything works fine. Give it a try and let me know.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:23 AM   #70
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Minor updates

I made a couple of minor updates to the XML generator:

- You can now use the gems window for the timer. Type /gem to open this window.

- You can now use the notes window for the timer. Type /not to open this window.

- The timer window can now be closed via the right-click menu.

The other updates are still on the way, but I thought I'd release these early since they are minor changes.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:55 PM   #71
bumbleroot
A Ghoul

Im sorry - my post on here was intended for a different UI- my mistake.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:25 PM   #72
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Exclamation Gems Window

Someone brought this to my attention so I thought I'd mention it here. If you are using the gems window for the timer, please make note of the following:

The first time you open the gems window, it will prevent you from moving. However, if you close it and open it again, you will be able to move with it open from that point onward.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:39 PM   #73
phalia
A Ghoul

Well, I'm feeling like a newbie:\ I got the timer(s) downloaded and working. I'm just not clear on how they work. For my cleric, I time aego so I can warn my party that we are about to have a bit of downtime. Aego lasts 2h 30m. I created my timer with that in mind. I log into eq, and what happens? Does the timer start working from the time I log in? If so, when I cast aego, I move the slider over to the end of the blue? Then when the blue starts to get close to the slider its getting time to recast?

Thanks for your help

Phalia Kordain - High Priestess
Senia - Enchanter
~One Hundred Swords~
Xegony Server
Old 10-11-2002, 10:06 PM   #74
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by phalia
For my cleric, I time aego so I can warn my party that we are about to have a bit of downtime. Aego lasts 2h 30m. I created my timer with that in mind. I log into eq, and what happens? Does the timer start working from the time I log in? If so, when I cast aego, I move the slider over to the end of the blue? Then when the blue starts to get close to the slider its getting time to recast?

Yes, the bar starts filling up as soon as you log in, and continues moving, starting over whenever it gets to the end. Keep in mind that with the timer duration set to 2 hours and 30 minutes, it will take 75 seconds for the bar to fill up by one pixel (so it may take some time to see a noticeable difference).

Your description for how to use the timer is entirely correct. When you past aego, move the slider to the current position of the bar. The bar continues to fill up, and starts over when it reaches the end. The spell will wear off at exactly when the bar reaches the slider position again.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:55 AM   #75
Ahlee
A Bat

Default Pulling setup???

First off...WOW...great mod!!!

I am a very 'anal' monk, as my wife would say, because I have stopwatches velcroed to the base of my monitor for when I'm pulling. This mod is a much more convenient and easier to follow way to track times than the stopwatches I currently use.

My only problem is that I haven't really figured out how to set it up to work best, and I was wondering if any other monks out there have a setup for this that they would recommend.

The problem is that every zone has a different spawn time as you know, and some areas have different spawns for different mobs, so making a timer for 30 min that can't 'reset' means that you can only really time 30 min intervals using the slider methods mentioned above. The only solution I have come up with is making a set of multiple-timers and rotating through them for times, with the only problem being that you'd have to calculate (spawn time minus time to end of bar) and set that value as your new slider postion at the beginning of the bar.

I realize you can reset the timers by /loadskin foldername 1, but with the bug that resets all my hotkey titles, that is not really a practical solution.

Once again, great mod, keep up the good work...this is an invaluable tool for every class out there!!!

Ahlee Stinglakabee
Iksar Grandmaster Luclin