Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 07-19-2004, 04:05 AM   #1
Keld
A Ghoul

Default Need help with modifying a gauge.

I'm trying to increase the size of my spell casting gauge to make it a bit easier to see on the screen. Eventually I want to add it to one of the other windows but to keep it simple, right now I'm just modifying the basic EQUI_CastSpell.xml file.

So far I've created the new .tga file with the appropriate alpha channel to make the gauge 201x15 pixels. This file includes new graphics for the background, fill, lines, linesfill and endcaps. I've placed this file in my custom UI directory, the file is called SpellGaugePieces.tga. In my EQUI_CastingWindow.xml file I've defined the new .tga file with <Texture...etc> as well as defining new animations, i.e. A_GaugeBackground is now SLB_Gaugebackground. I verified that all of the new animations have the correct texture, size and location information for the appropriate pieces. Other than that I've simply put the appropriate size and locaiton information into the "CastingGauge" and "CastingWindow" sections.

The end result is that I get a box the size I specified in the "CastingWindow" section but the Gauge doesn't appear.....just the basic stone background. Am I missing something obvious or are there other files I need to modify?
Keld is offline   Reply With Quote