Old 03-26-2003, 04:28 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Solaria BETA Ver 0.90

OK at long last we have files to test..

FIRST
This is a beta release as such it only has the files that have changed from Vert 2.5a to Solaria v.90

SECOND
We are not taking request for customization YET!! we want to check lag issues, and look before release..

THIRD
This beta release is only in ONE color.. Neptune. if you patch it into other colors, please remember that its going to be different

Instructions:

For Vert 2.5a users
Make a Copy of your Vert folder... copy the files in this zip into your new Folder.. load in game as usual

For NON-Vert 2.5a Users
Download Neptune 2.4a and install
Download Vert 2.5a Universal Patch and install the Neptune patch
Copy the enclosed files into the folder

Below is a screenshot of two of the most dramatically differerent windows.. note the casting gauge is the purple bar around "spell book" . Also there is a new "gauge" for all XP, HP, Mana bars.. these no longer have bubbles.. but tick marks.. (these are my favorite change)

Please give feed back on function, lag, and reliability..

the group window now has a small seperate bar for pets so that you may see them and target them quickly. the two numbers are player percentage and pet percentage.

EDIT: Had the wrong animations file, fixed now. -Sokol
Attached Files
File Type: zip sol-v.92.zip (111.2 KB, 204 views)

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]

Last edited by Sokol : 03-28-2003 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:52 PM   #2
Yggdrazil
A Hill Giant

Server: Sebilis
Send a message via ICQ to Yggdrazil

Looks cool, but, i don't really like (my personnal opinion ! ) the square buttons on group windows, they should be....less square rofl !
And i don't really like the casting window, although it's a good idea, and maybe is it becoz i am not skilled with it at the moment
Old 03-26-2003, 05:10 PM   #3
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Yggdrazil
Looks cool, but, i don't really like (my personnal opinion ! ) the square buttons on group windows, they should be....less square rofl !
And i don't really like the casting window, although it's a good idea, and maybe is it becoz i am not skilled with it at the moment

Those are the EXACT same buttons from Vert... and the two blank ones on the right, will say INVITE/FOLLOW or DISBAND/DECLINE

they are blank in screenshot because Sokol didnt group while testing it..
Old 03-26-2003, 06:18 PM   #4
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

So far my only thought is to make the Spell Book text on the spell gem window to be the same size as the spell text size, maybe put a nine next to it and suggest that people bind alt 9 to open the spell book, just so it all matches up. I have this thing about having everything look the same.

The mouse cursor is ok, I just designed a "vert-ish" looking cursor for my own UI that's basically just a big triangle (whereas you have two smaller overlapping ones). But I think people will get used to it, or go insane.

Other than that, looking good.

Enok
Old 03-26-2003, 11:59 PM   #5
nwinn
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: druzzil ro

Looks nice so far!

One thing I never liked about the later vert mods was that extra graphic along the side of the group window and I see that you've done that as well. But, who knows how it'll end up.

The other thing about your SS, haven't tried it yet for myself, is that it doesn't look like your spell gems have that background color that tells you what type of spell it is... I really like a little border around the spell icon or perhaps around the spell's name?, not just the dot of color that was on the latest vert gems. :\

Anyway, looks good!
Old 03-27-2003, 12:40 AM   #6
Shadrak
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Nameless

I like the new Look very much. and the windows in the SS are great.
just downloaded the files ill report back later
Old 03-27-2003, 09:32 AM   #7
Feebbwin
A Shissar Defiler

Default Impressions

Kudane and Sokol,
First impressions of Solaria-

Seems to work ok, no lag that I noticed, no unexpected glitches.

The casting guage needs...something. At times it's just too hard to see if you have successfully started casting a spell. Maybe have a seperate casting globe ala TKing or the casting bar in the chat window border, or a casting bar under the book icon.

The new guages are nice but I find it even harder than before to make out the red hp bar and found myself relying on the numerical numder instead. Could the bars be made "brighter" so they stand out better against the black background?

The group window is not the same size as the player window (I stack the player window on top of the group window) but perhaps you haven't modded the player window yet...perhaps.

Lastly, the new buffs window is great just what I've been trying to do using Remellio's big buff window, but lately I gotten used to the horizontal buff window across the top of the screen...could both types be included as an option?

All told tho a very nice first version. Keep up the good work
Regards,
Feebb

Edit: Forgot to mention- a right justified buff # bar would seem to make more sense than having the bar on the left.

Last edited by Feebbwin : 03-27-2003 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:16 AM   #8
Nizien
A Ghoul

Looking good so far. I have had no issues with lag and such. I have to agree though with the post feeb made.
group window/player window not lining up
group stats kinda hard to see
great idea on the bast bar, but hard to see.

I use vert stuff and am really excited to see some more vert stuff come out. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:31 AM   #9
Kudane
Co-Founder

we havent done the player window or the target window (these three can stack nicely)

I agree that the cast bar looks cool, but is hard to see.. we are exploring some options..

We will look into the spell color border.. it might be able to be made brighter or at least larger..

I am personal finding some issues with names not having enough room to wrap on the spell bar, even given we made the damn thing longer.. sooo that is being examined.

One Question what do you think of the new "bar" that we made for your HP bar, Stam, bar Target bar..etc (group bar)... that was my favorite add on for Solaria...

and the new animation at character select... little more smooth??
Old 03-27-2003, 12:34 PM   #10
Derae
A Treant

Send a message via ICQ to Derae

I see other's said this didn't happen but:

I was testing this on my second pc and loaded it and started moving. MY FPS musta been down to like 1 frame per minute or something. Loaded default and smooth as anything.

I love the UI I just wish I could run it. I've tested a few other UI's (drakah etc) on this pc and didn't have that problem. Nor do I with Vert 2.4a.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:41 PM   #11
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Derae
I see other's said this didn't happen but:

I was testing this on my second pc and loaded it and started moving. MY FPS musta been down to like 1 frame per minute or something. Loaded default and smooth as anything.

I love the UI I just wish I could run it. I've tested a few other UI's (drakah etc) on this pc and didn't have that problem. Nor do I with Vert 2.4a.

make sure you using 2.5a patch...

we have not released a complete set yet.. our goal was to have solaria out about 2 weeks ago

Also if your going off the numbers by your lag meter, that is not frame rate... its data sent and recieved rate..
Old 03-27-2003, 02:02 PM   #12
tavokk
A Treant

Server: Luclin

Thanks Guys, I'll download it when I get home tonight and give it a shot. Shame you didn't use the Canabis colors though. :/ I'll have to install Neptune first.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:37 PM   #13
Shadrak
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Nameless

I downloaded this the other night and here are my thoughts

1) like previous posts the lining u issue for group player etc
2) In most mods Ive ever used/made I love he ability to tint the background black, the light grey of some of the windows cant be changed in some of the windows . could this be fixed?
3) the character select thing is "pretty" but i cant tell you how close i came to deleting a toon because of the different button layout. does this have to be moded?
4) any way to make the labels/names/numbers larger for larger resolutions?

Congrats on a great start for the next generation of one of the most popular UI mods around.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:50 PM   #14
Derae
A Treant

Send a message via ICQ to Derae

Yes, it's patched up to date. It won't even run if you haven't patched it totally (go me not reading the instructions at first) so its impossible not to be up to date.

I know you sort have to assume the lowest common demoninator for user knowledge - but I'm NOT that. I had perfect throughput and ping. I tried to turn/move and it took forever and the graphics were choppy.

I know the difference between lag and fps, it was the UI doing it. Otherwise, loadskinning to default wouldn't fix it.

Also, this did not happen over time like some of the UI issues I've heard about (that sounded like leaks somewhere) this is immediate performance degradation the second loading the UI.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:52 PM   #15
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Derae
Yes, it's patched up to date. It won't even run if you haven't patched it totally (go me not reading the instructions at first) so its impossible not to be up to date.

I know you sort have to assume the lowest common demoninator for user knowledge - but I'm NOT that. I had perfect throughput and ping. I tried to turn/move and it took forever and the graphics were choppy.

I know the difference between lag and fps, it was the UI doing it. Otherwise, loadskinning to default wouldn't fix it.

Also, this did not happen over time like some of the UI issues I've heard about (that sounded like leaks somewhere) this is immediate performance degradation the second loading the UI.

Were you in Fear or SSrassza by chance??