Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 05-06-2004, 09:03 AM   #16
lordkylphor
A Ghoul

Default PSP

Usin PSP now..and have been for awhile. Love the program. Easy to use and pretty versatile considering the cost.

The trial is 60 days..but as far as I can tell, the trial doesn't restrict any features...it's merely a time restriction.

Been reading the posts a bit, and it seems that some ppl are having a lil trouble with alphas while saving in .tga

I likewise am having the same issue. Oddly enough, when the image is saved, the alpha...or rather, what the alpha should be... views as white in anything other than PSP itself. Other's have said black.

/shrug

Still an awesome program...definately worth the time to download it and give it a go.

Don't laugh....but actually still use an old version of FLASH for some kinds of graphics.

I also use Micrografx Simply 3D for some 3D objects and mostly for text rendering.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:30 PM   #17
Darkangael
A Fire Beetle

Server: Tunare
Default Thanks

The gimp has been interesting =). this thread might be good to be stickied since alot of people look for helpful editing software free or otherwise
Old 07-08-2004, 09:57 PM   #18
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I found Gimp very difficult to understand, never did learn how to affect the alpha channel.

But I found an editor today called Project Dogwaffle, from a mention of it on this board back in 2002. Version 1.2 is the new free version, and it has a bunch of alpha-channel features (and even an alpha-channel toolbar) that make editing transparency rather easy.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:12 PM   #19
Keld
A Ghoul

Default PSP Alpha problems

Has anyone found a reliable solution to the PSP alpha layer problems yet? I seem to be having the same issue. I've played around with several UI mods and often have trouble getting graphics to show up. Right now I'm working on a spell casting bar, I found one based on Thomus' work that is nearly perfect for what I need but the graphic used for the "spellbook" is a bit small since I run in 1280x1024 mode. I added some new graphics the size I wanted to the existing .tga file and updated the alpha channel. Now the window displays everything except the new graphics, it's like the new additions to the alpha channel were completely ignored. I even tried deleting the alpha channel and resaving it....still no success. If anyone's found a solution for the problem I'd sure love to hear what it is!!
Keld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 08:16 AM   #20
LiamLee
An Icepaw Kobold

Server: Mithaniel Marr

Keld,

Post a copy of your graphics files and we will have a look at them.

Leeam Frostfyre
LiamLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:53 AM   #21
Beowoulfe
A Gray Wolf

Default UI Help

I would like to make a UI, However I know nothing about how to do so =(,
Beowoulfe is offline   Reply With Quote